Atruim noises on Royal Princess

7960Ken

We are booked on Aloha deck on the Royal Princess. The room, A436, shows to be right by the Panoramic Lifts and central stairs (according to the deck shown on the Princess website). We had a similar location on Carnival Breeze this summer and found that the noise from the open atrium was noticeable until the live band quit for the night or the cruise team shut off their microphone. Has anybody had experience with these cabins on Royal or Regal Princess? I like the central location, but am concerned with the possible noise.

We’ve never had any noise problems when booking cabins adjacent to elevator lobbies.

After researching cabin E436 on the Royal we decided to book that cabin. That’s located 4 decks lower than you & is located over the forward portion of Crooners. Based on feedback I received about any potential excessive noise issues it won’t be a problem.

And as posted, there are cabins above & below your location so there won’t be any noise from bands which are many decks away from your cabin.

The noise from the atrium isn't that bad with Princess - at least not like it is with Carnival, RCI or Celebrity at times.

The reason why I wouldn't book a cabin where you have yours is because of people noise. Cabins near the elevators used to be our favorite location, but it seems that over the past few years, the noise that people make while going to/from the elevators has gotten worse, especially between 10pm and 3am. I don't know if it's that people haven't been taught this simple etiquette or if they just don't grasp that it's common courtesy to be quite while in hallways.

The noise from the atrium isn't that bad with Princess - at least not like it is with Carnival, RCI or Celebrity at times.

The noise from the interior Royal Promenade on the Navigator OTS was my worst problem with noise whenever they had events there.

And we were 2 decks above it in a balcony cabin & could still hear the extremely loud music. It was so loud that we left the event to escape the noise by going to our cabin which while not as loud it was still quite noticeable.

On Princess we’ve had cabins above & below entertainment areas without any problems from noise.

We have had a lot of cabins on E deck and never a problem until last November on the Regal, we had E206, every night at 8 and 10 promptly .....boom boom....boom boom.....boom boom from the theater, never again will I take forward unless its Marina or Lido

We’ve never had any noise problems when booking cabins adjacent to elevator lobbies.

After researching cabin E436 on the Royal we decided to book that cabin. That’s located 4 decks lower than you & is located over the forward portion of Crooners. Based on feedback I received about any potential excessive noise issues it won’t be a problem.

And as posted, there are cabins above & below your location so there won’t be any noise from bands which are many decks away from your cabin.

We were just in this cabin on the Royal. Great location and no noise. We loved the slightly larger balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...

Where do you research a specific cabin? I thought that I read of a web site where you could do this but that was like last Jan.

Where do you research a specific cabin? I thought that I read of a web site where you could do this but that was like last Jan.

I am unaware of any website to research a specific cabin. Above the threads on this forum is a sticky for cabin reviews but haven’t found anything for cabins that we’re considering.

Most of my research is from checking deck plans & from posts such as I received in this thread from a passenger who stayed in our cabin.

Cruise Critic participant ‘Renmar’ has created webpages that contain photos of obstructed oceanview cabins & on Royal-class ships for obstructed balcony views.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

We are booked on Aloha deck on the Royal Princess. The room, A436, shows to be right by the Panoramic Lifts and central stairs (according to the deck shown on the Princess website). We had a similar location on Carnival Breeze this summer and found that the noise from the open atrium was noticeable until the live band quit for the night or the cruise team shut off their microphone. Has anybody had experience with these cabins on Royal or Regal Princess? I like the central location, but am concerned with the possible noise.

No noise.

We've stayed in E436 and couldn't hear any noise from the Piazza at all

and they do have some extremely loud entertainment at all times of the day & night.

Also the noise from people around the elevators was not noticeable in the least.

Thanks for sharing your experience in E436 which we have on B2B 7-day cruises and in another extended balcony (E409) on another cruise.

We have been in B436 on regal and D438 on royal.

The only noises to be heard is the cheering from the sea ore bar when they do the bar flare show:)

Also on both ships we were woke up by crew members at 7:30-8:00am who were chipping old paint / rust from the ship. I was surprised that this happens on two days of our royal cruise and once on regal. Maybe they should have "quite hours"? The noise from Hammering on the ships hull really carries.

No noise at all from atrium or the elevators that are right across the hall

Edited by Optotronics
more info