Waiting list

ozzysdad

Been looking at a cruise for the past few weeks over Easter, by the time I could confirm the time off at work the cruise has sold out in our preferred cabin grade (inside or outside), I am loathe to pay the extra £1000 for a balcony so rang up P & O who offered to put me on a wait list for an inside/outside, very helpful and understanding lady who helped us took my details and advised me we would have first refusal if a cabin is made available, what I'd like to know is is this going to be likely or should I be looking at alternatives for our Easter break? Any help appreciated.

A difficult one to answer as it depends on how well the rest of the cabins sell between now and Easter. But if the inside and outside cabins are already sold out it sounds like a popular cruise so that must lower your chances, not impossible, just less likely.

Been looking at a cruise for the past few weeks over Easter, by the time I could confirm the time off at work the cruise has sold out in our preferred cabin grade (inside or outside), I am loathe to pay the extra £1000 for a balcony so rang up P & O who offered to put me on a wait list for an inside/outside, very helpful and understanding lady who helped us took my details and advised me we would have first refusal if a cabin is made available, what I'd like to know is is this going to be likely or should I be looking at alternatives for our Easter break? Any help appreciated.

It’s that 90 day thing again, not likely to be many cancellations before payment is due. Hopefully someone will upgrade.

Tricky one to call, but I think I would be keeping my options open.

Best of luck.

We tend to book late, so usually pick what is available. The only time we were put on a wait list for a particular grade of cabin, We were notified within a week. I don’t know if that is representative, but it was our only experience of being ‘wait listed’.

Hi....just a bit of a long shot but have you checked with the companies that just deal with cruises. It's just that sometimes they block book cabins from a cruise line so perhaps....just maybe....they may have some availability.

If not I would go on the wait list....as long as you don't need to put any money down....they won't want to lose a sale so they may do some upgrading of other bookings so that an inside/outside becomes available. In the meantime if anything else comes along you could go for that.

It may be worth being aware that if you do get lucky and offered the cruise, the cost then may be different from the cost when you originally looked. I guess it could go either way, but it may go up as well as down. With P&O stupid pricing - sorry fluid pricing - it may go up quite a lot.

If it was me, I’d be looking round for something else, and if it’s a cruise I really want to do, book early for the following Easter. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all your helpful replies, we are already booked on Azura for Christmas 2019 and wanted to squeeze one in between now and then so Easter was around halfway, we have a 12 year old so we are restricted to the times we can sail and the dates for this one fell just right for work/school. I was assured on the phone the we are at the very top of the wait list so I am hopeful the lady did suggest they can sometimes upgrade a couple who have selected a cabin with the capacity to fit three or four in order to accommodate a family. Fingers crossed and once again thank you for your advice it will give me another avenue to pursue.