$50 Deposit

sheben613

So we made a spur-of-the-moment decision last week and booked a cruise for April 1, 2018 on the Pearl with a group of friends. We booked during their $50 down payment special, on the 13th. Now when I log in, it tells me that $250 is due by the 16th and it says "make a payment to keep our reservation!" That was only 3 days after I booked, and the guy I talked to on the phone didn't tell me I'd need to pay the balance of the deposit that quickly. Does anyone have any experience with this? We're going on our 3rd Carnival cruise on April 22nd this year, so I have no experience with Norwegian.

Thanks for any insight on this!

We DID book and paid $50/pp. My confusion is that when I log on, it tells me to Pay $250 by 2/16 to keep my reservation. Is the balance of the normal deposit due that soon? If so, I'm SOL because I'm not ready to pay another $250 right now.

Sounds strange. Never heard of paying a partial deposit. And today is 2/19 but it sounds like you still have the reservation? Did you receive a confirmation email with an invoice attachment? I'm also holding a reservation for 2018 with the $50 deposit and neither my invoice nor my online reservation show any additional due until final payment in 2018.

We DID book and paid $50/pp. My confusion is that when I log on, it tells me to Pay $250 by 2/16 to keep my reservation. Is the balance of the normal deposit due that soon? If so, I'm SOL because I'm not ready to pay another $250 right now.
Did you book directly with NCL or via a Travel Agent site? If you booked via a TA then I'd call them and tell them that many other TA's are offering the $50 deposit...some even offering 0 deposit. Google them all you will see...that deposit bonus or special is widespread right now. Tell them that if they can't honor the offer then you will need to cancel and go with another TA. I booked with the $50 deposit for a cruise in 2018 a few weeks ago with a TA and they never added anything to it. Now if you booked with NCL and they specified that offer on their site, then you need to talk to another agent.....because something is amiss here.

I have two cruises booked using the $50.00 US deposit - on both of my confirmation emails from both my TA and NCL the only other payment due is the final one around 90 days out.

As others have stated - if it was your TA you will need to deal with them - if you are using a PCC at NCL you need to talk to a higher upper.

It also could just be a computer glitch or they did the offer and didn't get the web site changed before people made the booking.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dennis

:)

Same thing happened to us for our British Isles cruise in 2018. We had paid $400 total already including our $100 deposit. Then when he logged in yesterday, the NCL website said we needed to pay another $400 to keep our reservation. So, we did. This is our first cruise, so we didn't think this was abnormal with a promo.

Sent from my VK410 using Forums mobile app

I had this same thing happen to me this morning. I called NCL as I booked direct through them. The girl told me it is an issue they are having with the system and they are working to get it fixed. Not to worry. I wash freaking out because I dont want to lose my aft balcony.

I had this same thing happen to me this morning. I called NCL as I booked direct through them. The girl told me it is an issue they are having with the system and they are working to get it fixed. Not to worry. I wash freaking out because I dont want to lose my aft balcony.

We booked thru CAS and had the. Same message. Pay $250 deposit by February 8 or loose our reservation. It was 2/17 when I saw it.called CAS and they don't see it in there system. Told not to worry.

Yes, we booked through Norwegian. Glad to hear we're not the only ones. There are 5 couples in our group, 3 of us booked with the $50 deposit. Not sure if theirs is showing that or not, but if they mention it I can tell them not to worry about it.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are on this same cruise! We are mid ship level 10, balcony. 373 days to go. HA! I have alarms that will notify me to book dining and shows at the 90 day out mark. I wish we could stay in NOLA the night before but EVERYTHING is sold out being Easter weekend.

Does anyone know when Carnival will be doing the $50 deposits again?

This $50 deposit was for NCL. Pretty sure Carnival did half price deposit for the one I'm getting ready to go on. Not sure if they do the $50.