"Ultimate" vs "Adult" Beverage Package

Sterling

According to ncl.com - if the adults in the room purchase the UBP, the children in the room must also purchase the Soda Package. We got the UBP "free" - does this mean later on, they are going to automatically add the Soda Package to the two kids in our room? Or does this only apply is you pay for the UBP?

According to ncl.com - if the adults in the room purchase the UBP, the children in the room must also purchase the Soda Package. We got the UBP "free" - does this mean later on, they are going to automatically add the Soda Package to the two kids in our room? Or does this only apply is you pay for the UBP?

It only applies when you pay for the UBP.

Ok it's absurd how many posts there are on the drink package I know....but I still get confused every time I read one and worry something has changed. We have it on our booking as a "free" perk. We sail in 2 weeks. I think my MIL booked this at the end of last year. We had it last summer and did not have to pay 18% or any gratuity (except of course if we wanted to for exceptional service or whatever) that hasn't changed to having to pay a per drink 18 % has it?! Would make a considerable difference to our budget.

Ok it's absurd how many posts there are on the drink package I know....but I still get confused every time I read one and worry something has changed. We have it on our booking as a "free" perk. We sail in 2 weeks. I think my MIL booked this at the end of last year. We had it last summer and did not have to pay 18% or any gratuity (except of course if we wanted to for exceptional service or whatever) that hasn't changed to having to pay a per drink 18 % has it?! Would make a considerable difference to our budget.

If you have the UBP, whether you paid for it or got it as a promo and whether or not you paid the 18%, nobody pays a per drink gratuity on drinks covered by the package.

You do pay 18% on items not covered by the package of course, such as the extra over $15 if you get a more expensive drink.