Chankanaab in cozumel

tummydoor21

vamartha, just the person I need for advice on Chankanaab --

Do you know taxi fare from Puerto Mia to Chankanaab?

Are animal shows extra, what is included in $21-2 entrance fee?

We'll be there in early March with two adult kids.

Thanks for your help.

Taxi fare should be about $17 each way

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster who has a photo intensive review of Chank (and Playa Mia and other spots on Cozumel) linked in her signature.

Small beach, separate snorkel area, small pool, good facilities, food/drinks, etc. Check the tripadvisor reviews.

If you are interested in zip lining, you can pre-purchase your zip line package online and it will include admittance to the park. I think we paid about $60pp last year. For that we got in the park and got to do 5 or 6 lines. It was fun.

• 11 months later...

I was considering doing this on our own, and I have a couple of questions. I have the $2 coupon, and was planning to pay cash when we arrive. I am confused about what the entrance fee actually covers, though. Is it just the entrance, loungers, and snorkeling? Are there any nature-type areas to walk through, or anything else, without an additional charge? I have read many reviews (including TripAdvisor); however, most that I found are by people who booked extras, so it is difficult to tell what the basic fee includes.

Also, is the $17 one-way cab fare for two people accurate? That seems kind of high, if the park is less than 3½ miles from the cruise dock. We have 3 people, and I know Cozumel charges by the person.

Thanks for any info.

Cab fare from the piers to Chank should be closer to $11 each way - check the fare board near the cab line for your pier (there are 3 cruise ship piers, so be sure that you go back to the correct one - it can be a challenge after 10-11 margaritas :rolleyes: ). The fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab so pair up with others from your roll call. ;)

The admission covers beach, snorkel area, nature paths and you can watch the sea lion show. You'll pay extra for the dolphin experience, zip line, etc.

Cab fare from the piers to Chank should be closer to $11 each way - check the fare board near the cab line for your pier (there are 3 cruise ship piers, so be sure that you go back to the correct one - it can be a challenge after 10-11 margaritas :rolleyes: ). The fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab so pair up with others from your roll call. ;)

The admission covers beach, snorkel area, nature paths and you can watch the sea lion show. You'll pay extra for the dolphin experience, zip line, etc.

Great information, John ~ Thank you!

The walk through the Mayan "jungle" with a guide is free and excellent. We take that free tour every time we go. We always use the coupon and buy the basic package. Most of the park is free. Good snorkel area which is free if you bring your own equipment. Sea lion show is short, cute, and free.

You can share a cab there or back with other people from the same ship and it is cheaper. Usually cabs are priced per trip not per passenger. Check the big wooden board outside the port for the posted fares. They are posted to protect passengers from cab drivers who overcharge for trips to the main tourist locations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.People just don't see the sign or just glance at it. That sign has been there for many years. Sorry to say but those drivers do that all the time to cheat people. We have been going to this park for years and trying to help travelers there. Went to this park 4 times in the last year. We do like to snorkel there.

Yes to both. There is a restaurant on site. Most people order from the staff who work in the beach area. We tend to be “snacky” there and we order a bucket of beer, nachos and hamburgers. They will usually have a special of some kind. Last time we got 6 beers, 2 small margaritas, platter of nachos for about $20-$23. Not sure of the price but we thought it was reasonable for 4 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So....wait...you can get in for roughly $20 per person...?

On Carnival's website, we were nearly ready to book this excursion for $85/pp for adults, and $75/pp for our 6 and 9 year old...

Sorry, I'm new at all of this.

Be careful you are comparing like with like - it almost certainly will be less expensive on your own, and quite easy to do on Cozumel but Carnival price may include transport, food?

On Carnival's website, we were nearly ready to book this excursion for $85/pp for adults, and $75/pp for our 6 and 9 year old...

The cruise excursion likely includes food and unlimited drinks - with the $20 admission you'll be paying for every Coke, French fry, nacho chip and margarita. See what else is included and decide if it's something you want.

The walk through the Mayan "jungle" with a guide is free and excellent. We take that free tour every time we go. We always use the coupon and buy the basic package. Most of the park is free. Good snorkel area which is free if you bring your own equipment. Sea lion show is short, cute, and free.

You can share a cab there or back with other people from the same ship and it is cheaper. Usually cabs are priced per trip not per passenger. Check the big wooden board outside the port for the posted fares. They are posted to protect passengers from cab drivers who overcharge for trips to the main tourist locations.

Can you interact and take pics with the sea lions after the show? I know you can buy the sea lion encounter where you actually get in the water with them but It seems like I seen somewhere that after the free show they will let you come and sit on a bench if you want pics with them and then they sell you the pics.

They take pictures which you can buy. But you can put somebody with a camera across from the sea lion and have him snap a picture of you as you approach the sea lion. Who will kiss you [emoji182]

They take pictures which you can buy. But you can put somebody with a camera across from the sea lion and have him snap a picture of you as you approach the sea lion. Who will kiss you [emoji182]

That's what we will do then. Thanks!!

FYI through Carnival taxi ride there and back, snorkel equipment, tequila tour, unlimited buffet in restaurant and drinks (alcohol included) are all included for your excursion price. FYI in March near the restaurant they had a parrot you could place on your arm and use your camera or phone to take pictures for a tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this last week on our own. We were coming from the International pier (Royal Caribbean ship) and the taxi was $3 pp each way. They put us in a van with others going to the same place.

We paid for the admission with the coupon. There was a free tour of the dolphin area. We also watched the sea lion show which was free. There's a path and replica ruins and exhibits. The loungers were free. We got nachos, a Mexican platter, two Cokes and a bottle of water for $30. The only extra other than food that we paid for was snorkelling gear. There are several booths selling these, and the prices vary widely. We got the full face kind for $6 each. The booth next door was charging $10 each.