Preboarding internet purchase, has anyone done it?

19cruiser59

wondering if anyone has purchased the internet package prior to boarding?

I can't seem to find it under the manage my booking area.

I am past final payment if that makes a difference, cruising on Vista in July.

Thanks!

Yes I have also for the Vista.You may have to do some looking around on the site.I can't remember where I saw it. It was 10.25 a day for my 8 day for the middle plan

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Hmmm 1 yes and 1 no, I asked because I just could not find it.

This is what is in Carnivals FAQ regarding internet...

"Prior to sailing: This option is currently offered via the website for the following ships: Carnival Fascination and Carnival Vista. Rollout of the new pre-purchase option is expected to be fleet wide by mid-summer."

Maybe they took the option away again?

Anyone know for sure? Will probably end up calling Carnival if I can't find it.

Hmmm 1 yes and 1 no, I asked because I just could not find it.

This is what is in Carnivals FAQ regarding internet...

"Prior to sailing: This option is currently offered via the website for the following ships: Carnival Fascination and Carnival Vista. Rollout of the new pre-purchase option is expected to be fleet wide by mid-summer."

Maybe they took the option away again?

Anyone know for sure? Will probably end up calling Carnival if I can't find it.

Well I know for a fact because my credit card was charged and I have a confirmation email :)

I was on earlier and didn't see it. I would call and ask

It's very easy to get it once you are on the ship. Just make sure you down load the hub app onto your phone. And any app you are going to use it with, I.e Facebook, snap chat, ect

It's very easy to get it once you are on the ship. Just make sure you down load the hub app onto your phone. And any app you are going to use it with, I.e Facebook, snap chat, ect

It is easy to get but cheaper when you pre pay

Just got off the Vista yesterday. I bought the social package pre-cruise. When I got onboard all I had to do was connect to Wifi and put in my folio number and birthdate and I was up and running, No problems.

When it was first introduced, it was available in the Fun Shops section of the Carnival site. Then either last week or the week before, it disappeared. Now, as Mikel24m pointed out, it's only available when sailing on the Fascination and Vista, with more ships to come this summer. You access it through the Manage My Booking section when you log on.

You do not need the Hub app to purchase one of the internet plans. As a matter of fact, the Hub app doesn't even require you to purchase one of the plans at all, it works without them. All of the Hub app's features are free, except for the chat feature, which is $5 for the whole cruise.

It is easy to get but cheaper when you pre pay
We cruised last summer but I think the internet prices have been slightly adjusted since then. I believe you can still get a discounted rate if you purchase a plan on board the first day as long as you get it for the entire cruise. My question is, is the pre-paid amount any cheaper than getting it on day 1 (for the whole cruise) on board?

We are booked on the Vista in August. I pre-ordered the second level package, which was $10.25 per day. The premium was $16. Versus the new pricing when purchasing onboard as of May 2, 2017. The second level plan is $16 per day and premium is $24. Even with the tax charged buying it online, we saved about $30 or so. Nice to have it paid for and out of the way and at a cheaper price to boot.

We are booked on the Vista in August. I pre-ordered the second level package, which was $10.25 per day. The premium was $16. Versus the new pricing when purchasing onboard as of May 2, 2017. The second level plan is $16 per day and premium is $24. Even with the tax charged buying it online, we saved about $30 or so. Nice to have it paid for and out of the way and at a cheaper price to boot.

Are you going on an 8 day cruise? I just got back from an 8 day cruise on the Legend. As of May 8, 2017, it was $82 for the entire cruise for the Value plan. That is $10.25 per day. No tax is charged when purchasing onboard.

Purchasing onboard is cheaper than prepurchasing.

Are you going on an 8 day cruise? I just got back from an 8 day cruise on the Legend. As of May 8, 2017, it was $82 for the entire cruise for the Value plan. That is $10.25 per day. No tax is charged when purchasing onboard.

Purchasing onboard is cheaper than prepurchasing.

I'm going on a 6 day cruise and according to the new rates and my receipt, I saved money. My plan total was $64 total. Versus $16 per day for 6 days = $96. Maybe pricing is different on the Legend. I know on the Vista it's the standard $5, $16, and $25. You come out ahead with the 2 higher plans. There was really no savings with the online price for the social package. It was $4.25 a day plus tax.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm going on a 6 day cruise and according to the new rates and my receipt, I saved money. My plan total was $64 total. Versus $16 per day for 6 days = $96. Maybe pricing is different on the Legend. I know on the Vista it's the standard $5, $16, and $25. You come out ahead with the 2 higher plans. There was really no savings with the online price for the social package. It was $4.25 a day plus tax.

In another thread, I thought someone said the prepurchase discount was the same as the onboard discount.

In another thread, I thought someone said the prepurchase discount was the same as the onboard discount.

Discounted for me and everyone else in my roll call that went and pre-purchased it. And I doubt we're special. Lol. That was the price we paid vs. the pricing listed on Carnival's website. Matter of fact, it was a little less than I quoted. Hopefully these images are big enough for you to see.ab332feb54a1b9cb9aa0974f35c6c41b.jpg80a1bdceca9ec6c693ef4c46e9b09598.jpg

I was thinking about this last night.... Carnival is doing itself a big favor by offering a discount AND being able to purchase pre cruise internet plans for the WHOLE cruise. For years we have bought a day or two of internet midway through our cruise to check work emails and make sure kitty and family is OK back at home.Im very happy to be a shareholder this is going to make the company a fortune :)

Discounted for me and everyone else in my roll call that went and pre-purchased it. And I doubt we're special. Lol. That was the price we paid vs. the pricing listed on Carnival's website. Matter of fact, it was a little less than I quoted. Hopefully these images are big enough for you to see.
Right, the Carnival website lists the per day price ($5, $16, $25). But if you buy one on board on the first day (for the entire cruise), you get a discounted rate. For instance, we bought the Social plan last year on a 5-day cruise. By buying it on day 1 for the whole cruise, we got it for $18 instead of $25.

So I was wondering how the pre-paid rates compare to the discount we get for buying it on board on day 1. According to Tiger0613, the pre-paid rate and the day 1 rate are the same, but it's cheaper to buy it on day one because you don't pay the taxes. I'd like to know if others have experienced the same.

Right, the Carnival website lists the per day price ($5, $16, $25). But if you buy one on board on the first day (for the entire cruise), you get a discounted rate. For instance, we bought the Social plan last year on a 5-day cruise. By buying it on day 1 for the whole cruise, we got it for $18 instead of $25.

So I was wondering how the pre-paid rates compare to the discount we get for buying it on board on day 1. According to Tiger0613, the pre-paid rate and the day 1 rate are the same, but it's cheaper to buy it on day one because you don't pay the taxes. I'd like to know if others have experienced the same.

I've never gotten the package on day one. Usually we decide by day two. I've also not been on a cruise since they changed the pricing. My girlfriend isn't buying hers until she gets onboard so I'll see what she pays. That's not until August though. I'm sure you'll have another comparison way before then.

I don't actually know that. I just thought I read that in a thread from around the time prepurchasing internet plans became available.

This is the thread I was talking about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494813

The prepurchase discounted prices appear to be more than the onboard discounted prices due to taxes. The 7 day value prepurchase price was $71.75 + tax, and the onboard 7 day value price is $72 total(no tax). Carnival may have changed the discount since then.

I've never gotten the package on day one. Usually we decide by day two. I've also not been on a cruise since they changed the pricing. My girlfriend isn't buying hers until she gets onboard so I'll see what she pays. That's not until August though. I'm sure you'll have another comparison way before then.

Unfortunately, I won't have any comparisons first hand anytime soon because our cruise isn't for another year. Hopefully others who have cruises coming soon will have more info.

This is the thread I was talking about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494813

The prepurchase discounted prices appear to be more than the onboard discounted prices due to taxes. The 7 day value prepurchase price was $71.75 + tax, and the onboard 7 day value price is $72 total(no tax). Carnival may have changed the discount since then.

Gotcha. Well, if it's the same price to pre-pay as it is to buy on day one, or cheaper on day one due to the taxes, I don't have a problem waiting until we get there.

I've purchased the plans (both Social and Value) on various sailings over the past few years and it was never discounted on the first day.

Is this also something new?

I never heard of that either, but like I said we usually don't wind up getting it till day two. Maybe it is new.