Havana or Cloud 9 cabin on Horizon?

1025cruise

Yes, I know Horizon hasn't sailed yet....

Considering a cruise on the Horizon this summer while it is still in New York. Considering a Havana Premium Vista (aft wrap) cabin, or possibly a Cloud 9 Spa cabin. The idea of the limited access Havana area has me interested, but so does access to the spa thermal suite.

Anyone have any thoughts? If it makes a difference, I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday on the cruise. I know that these cabins are at different ends of the spectrum, but both sound appealing.

We had Cloud 9 on the Vista. It was NOT the same as Cloud 9 on the Dream or Breeze! Spa is much smaller, Men's locker room is worse than those on smaller/ non-Cloud ( spa ships. No Thallasso pool. Small hot tub. fewer heated loungers, steam rooms were never steamy.

After a turn of the Vista Havana deck by friends on board, we booked a Havana cabin for our Horizon cruise.

We had Cloud 9 on the Vista. It was NOT the same as Cloud 9 on the Dream or Breeze! Spa is much smaller, Men's locker room is worse than those on smaller/ non-Cloud ( spa ships. No Thallasso pool. Small hot tub. fewer heated loungers, steam rooms were never steamy.

After a turn of the Vista Havana deck by friends on board, we booked a Havana cabin for our Horizon cruise.

I agree... the spa on the Vista was so bad we got a refund for our weekly spa pass we always buy. Thalasso pool was knee high literally! Steam rooms kept getting reset and never hot. Havana is the way to go

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

How does the access to the Havana Pool work? Do you need to swipe your room key to access?

You have several ways to enter the Havana Pool area...

1) Walk through Havana lounge.... There will be a carnival worker by the rear doors ensuring you have your rubber Havana bracelet on (especially until they begin recognizing you)....and they do monitor access closely.

2) If you have a balcony cabin on deck 5...you can exit your patio/balcony cabin and walk to the back area. You can also re-enter your cabin from your balcony (you get a access card). This option saves alot of steps when returning to your cabin

3) You can enter the Havana area on deck 5 through metal divider doors. Havana is barricaded off from the beginning of the balcony section to the pool/bar area. The same access card you use to get into your cabin from the porch/balcony area is used for these doors.

4) for passengers on deck 6 and 7 with aft cabins in Havana there are stairwells at back of ship that allows you to get more directly to Havana area instead of the roundabout way of cutting through Havana Bar

• 1 month later...

I booked the spa as my husband loves spending time in the spa area but I read the posts and people much preferred the Havana area so we are bow in the Havana balcony, however my grown up kids were in the Harbour area I had hoped they might be able to join us sometimes but read that it is not allowed so 5hey now have 2 inside Havana cabins, my worry is that they tried a inside cabin in the past and hated it because it felt like a prison cell with no windows, I’m now worried I have made the wrong decision, but to upgrade to balcony Havana is near on £1000 more expensive. Will they like their inside cabin?

I've cruised Vista twice, first in a spa suite and the most recent cruise in a Havana Premium Vista balcony. Go for the Havana. The balcony is spectacular, and having access to the Havana area in the day is worth every penny. Plus, if you really want, you can add on a spa pass (either daily or weekly).

I've cruised Vista twice, first in a spa suite and the most recent cruise in a Havana Premium Vista balcony. Go for the Havana. The balcony is spectacular, and having access to the Havana area in the day is worth every penny. Plus, if you really want, you can add on a spa pass (either daily or weekly).
That's what we did. I bought a couples spa pass during a sale for I think $186 for 2 for the 8 days. I just wish the T pool was like the other cloud 9 ships. I'm alittle disappointed that such a new big ship dropped the ball on that one

• 3 weeks later...
I booked the spa as my husband loves spending time in the spa area but I read the posts and people much preferred the Havana area so we are bow in the Havana balcony, however my grown up kids were in the Harbour area I had hoped they might be able to join us sometimes but read that it is not allowed so 5hey now have 2 inside Havana cabins, my worry is that they tried a inside cabin in the past and hated it because it felt like a prison cell with no windows, I’m now worried I have made the wrong decision, but to upgrade to balcony Havana is near on £1000 more expensive. Will they like their inside cabin?

The key word above being "grown"...

... so they now have 2 inside Havana cabins, my worry is that they tried a inside cabin in the past and hated it because it felt like a prison cell with no windows, I’m now worried I have made the wrong decision, but to upgrade to balcony Havana is near on £1000 more expensive. Will they like their inside cabin?
The purpose of the Havana area is to enjoy the Havana section each day from the time you get up until 7:00 PM, when everyone can gain access. No kids under 12 to worry about all day as well. Instead of relaxing on your balcony and spending the extra money to do so, you can stay in an inside Havana cabin and relax in the entire back section of deck 5. The prison cell with no windows feeling with the inside cabin can be defeated by A) Leaving your tv on or B) Leaving the light in your bathroom on and shutting the door completely, resulting in a nightlight effect coming under the door onto the carpet or pulling the door almost fully shut allowing more light to enter the cabin. With the monies saved by choosing an inside over a balcony, you can invest in the Cheers program. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I hope people keep posting on this thread as I was in the middle of trying to decide. I love the Cloud 9 Spa on Dream. I love the Spa area but like the idea of the Havana area as well. I am thinking as others suggested and book Havana and then by pass. Though I wonder if my step count will be lower since everything I need is in Havana area. ;p

• 3 months later...
I agree... the spa on the Vista was so bad we got a refund for our weekly spa pass we always buy. Thalasso pool was knee high literally! Steam rooms kept getting reset and never hot. Havana is the way to go

A little off topic, but the Cloud 9 Spa area on Magic is way better than Vista (haven’t sailed Horizon yet, but that will change soon). Just another reason why Dream class ships are my favorite.