So let me get this straight (Another CHEERS! question)

17andacruiseaddict

So this is my first time ordering CHEERS! It will also be my Honeymoon cruise, so we thought we'd go all out, which is why we got it. I've always been against it, thinking it wasn't worth it. Finally priced it, added in the fact that I can have bottled water, specialty coffees, Powerades, etc. and decided, this was a really great option for us.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I just want to clarify (and forgive me if it has, because I know how some people get on here if they have personally seen a question more than once..lol *insert eye roll here*)...

When it comes to the 15 drink a day minimum, that's only for the alcoholic beverages right? I can have as many coffees, pops, virgin pina coladas, and bottled waters as I want each day right?

If this is true, I just grew to love the CHEERS! package even more!

This is why we love the Cheers program!!

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
  • Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

I just saw in your signature that you went on the Big Red Boat. I did too. It was my first cruise when I was 6. Just found that interesting because I've ran into plenty of people who have never heard of it.

I'm a "Big Red Boat" alumni too...lol. Cruised with my little ones on her in 1994

I just found another fantastic thread on Cheers.

And it said:

Just got back from the Carnival Splendor for the 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary. Loved the ship and the crew, nothing but nice things to say about the experience.

Thought I would share a few notes on how my wife and I felt we got the most out of Cheers while on board.

A) The Steakhouse has a nice rose champagne by Heidsieck that is $20 per glass and very nice. We each had 3 glasses with dinner on embarkation day and this alone made that day a big value.

B) Roca Patron Silver: $15 per shot at the pool bar. Incredibly smooth, goes down like water.(Also goes great stirred into a Margarita after 5 minutes ) Don't forget to pace yourself !

C) Order your favorite frozen beverage, wait 5, and ask for an additional shot of your favorite ultra premium liquor on the side to stir in since they frozen drinks can taste pretty weak.

D) Asking for Pellegrino at the beginning of our MDR meals and request the large bottle of still water with dessert to bring back to the room or off with you in port.

E) Hitting the coffee bar before breakfast as well as after dessert/before night activities to get some pep.

F) We noticed that once we started tipping $1 per drink (in addition to the auto gratuity ofc) we started (1) receiving increasingly generous pours by the bartenders as the trip progressed and (2) being given priority when bars were busy with MDR waits /busy comedy club nights, etc.

my tip for the cheers package and drinking wine is this. my wife discovered on our last cruise on the pride that david's steak house has a full service bar. we have eaten many times at the steak house and knew there was a bar but never thought of going there to order a drink. we were watching a movie on the lido deck and she wanted wine but did not feel like going to the bars on the 2nd and 3rd deck to get some. i suggested going to the bar at the steak house and see if you can order wine there since they have a better selection anyway. she did and the bartender was more than happy to serve her. and said he is usually very bored because no one goes to the bar he only makes drinks for the waitresses to deliver to the tables. he said that he was open an hour after the steak house hours say they close. she went back probably 4 more times that night and ordered wine then left with it. i would imagine all the steak houses have a bar that you can order from even if you are not eating at the restaurant.

Also I am attaching the "evaluator" i got from someone on here. Enjoy!

We had Cheers in August and LOVED IT!

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator (1).xls

This is why we love the Cheers program!!

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
  • Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

Love this. Going to screenshot and send to the couple who is sailing with us. Thank you!

I just found another fantastic thread on Cheers.

And it said:
Just got back from the Carnival Splendor for the 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary. Loved the ship and the crew, nothing but nice things to say about the experience.

Thought I would share a few notes on how my wife and I felt we got the most out of Cheers while on board.

A) The Steakhouse has a nice rose champagne by Heidsieck that is $20 per glass and very nice. We each had 3 glasses with dinner on embarkation day and this alone made that day a big value.

B) Roca Patron Silver: $15 per shot at the pool bar. Incredibly smooth, goes down like water.(Also goes great stirred into a Margarita after 5 minutes ) Don't forget to pace yourself !

C) Order your favorite frozen beverage, wait 5, and ask for an additional shot of your favorite ultra premium liquor on the side to stir in since they frozen drinks can taste pretty weak.

D) Asking for Pellegrino at the beginning of our MDR meals and request the large bottle of still water with dessert to bring back to the room or off with you in port.

E) Hitting the coffee bar before breakfast as well as after dessert/before night activities to get some pep.

F) We noticed that once we started tipping $1 per drink (in addition to the auto gratuity ofc) we started (1) receiving increasingly generous pours by the bartenders as the trip progressed and (2) being given priority when bars were busy with MDR waits /busy comedy club nights, etc.

my tip for the cheers package and drinking wine is this. my wife discovered on our last cruise on the pride that david's steak house has a full service bar. we have eaten many times at the steak house and knew there was a bar but never thought of going there to order a drink. we were watching a movie on the lido deck and she wanted wine but did not feel like going to the bars on the 2nd and 3rd deck to get some. i suggested going to the bar at the steak house and see if you can order wine there since they have a better selection anyway. she did and the bartender was more than happy to serve her. and said he is usually very bored because no one goes to the bar he only makes drinks for the waitresses to deliver to the tables. he said that he was open an hour after the steak house hours say they close. she went back probably 4 more times that night and ordered wine then left with it. i would imagine all the steak houses have a bar that you can order from even if you are not eating at the restaurant.

Also I am attaching the "evaluator" i got from someone on here. Enjoy!

We had Cheers in August and LOVED IT!

OMG, this is a great way to get the most bang for your buck. I plan on trying every specialty coffee, smoothie, and milkshake. I love that idea of going to the steakhouse bar as their wine selections are far greater. Extra shots for your drinks, love! And the idea of ordering a bottle of water when you order dessert at dinner, genius! It cuts down on wait time elsewhere too.

I am now 10x more excited to cruise now (as if being another cruise or it being my honeymoon wasn't exciting enough lol).

Thank you all!

Edited by 17andacruiseaddict

UGH the everyone in the room must order Cheers is killing me!! I want to order it soooo bad, but one of my roommates can't afford the cost so no Cheers for me. I loved having it last time. It was one less thing to worry about. Oh well maybe next year on the Harmony.

So this is my first time ordering CHEERS! It will also be my Honeymoon cruise, so we thought we'd go all out, which is why we got it. I've always been against it, thinking it wasn't worth it. Finally priced it, added in the fact that I can have bottled water, specialty coffees, Powerades, etc. and decided, this was a really great option for us.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I just want to clarify (and forgive me if it has, because I know how some people get on here if they have personally seen a question more than once..lol *insert eye roll here*)...

When it comes to the 15 drink a day minimum, that's only for the alcoholic beverages right? I can have as many coffees, pops, virgin pina coladas, and bottled waters as I want each day right?

If this is true, I just grew to love the CHEERS! package even more!

Here are five threads asking the very same question in the past couple of weeks alone.... so yes, the question has been asked before.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2602190&highlight=cheers

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2599222&highlight=cheers

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2598380&highlight=cheers

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2597031&highlight=cheers

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2595824&highlight=cheers

Now you know and yes, you are forgiven.

Ooooh, I see, you were the "some people" I was referring to. Thanks for doing that digging. But, unfortunately, by the time you responded, I already had plenty of helpful information, from some pretty nice people. Thanks anyway! :)

UGH the everyone in the room must order Cheers is killing me!! I want to order it soooo bad, but one of my roommates can't afford the cost so no Cheers for me. I loved having it last time. It was one less thing to worry about. Oh well maybe next year on the Harmony.

That really sucks. Is your roommate not a drinker? Or does he/she not want to try other beverages? They might end up spending more on drinks (alcoholic and non) than the cost of the Cheers. Hopefully letting them know that might push them more in the direction on purchasing it.

If Carnival did away with Cheers this forum would die because that's all anybody ever posts on here it seems like. Endless posts about Cheers just asking questions that are answered on Carnival's own pages, and in threads here several times a day, every day of the year.

Mods should clean them up - they add nothing to the forum. If someone posts a Cheers question, send them a link to Carnival's cheers page and close the thread. It's tiring and makes me not come to this forum very often.

Just my opinion on the issue.

If Carnival did away with Cheers this forum would die because that's all anybody ever posts on here it seems like. Endless posts about Cheers just asking questions that are answered on Carnival's own pages, and in threads here several times a day, every day of the year.

Mods should clean them up - they add nothing to the forum. If someone posts a Cheers question, send them a link to Carnival's cheers page and close the thread. It's tiring and makes me not come to this forum very often.

Just my opinion on the issue.

While I find it interesting that there are a fair number of people who cannot seem to master the search function (simply searching on "Cheers" would undoubtedly find you a thread that has the answer to the question in mind), I also find the response to such "new" threads interesting, from a social experiment point of view.

I know my Mom wouldn't think to use a search function, she would just post the question - being on the forum itself would probably overwhelm her enough, but trying to figure out all that complicated computer mumbo-jumbo would give her a headache.

The mods here are probably not interested in policing such things. They get to spend enough time moving non-Carnival questions to the correct sub-forum, and for them to logically process a new thread to see if the question is already answered probably isn't in the cards.

And simply denying a new thread posting because it contains key words like "Cheers", "limit", or "alcoholic" would be problematic for posts that may not in fact be asking an old question, could be just a review. "I had Cheers on my last cruise, and really enjoyed it knowing I could not be concerned with staying within a dollar limit for my alcoholic drinks."

So we trundle along, help the newbies as best we can. Sometimes it comes off a bit gruff a la StolidCruiser's post, which provided some useful info in a mildly sarcastic and dry manner that obviously the OP didn't appreciate. (Really just pointing out that if you have what sees like an obvious previously-asked question, why not do a quick search.)

For example, last night I was pondering which night would be the Elegant night on our upcoming 4-night cruise on Liberty to the Bahamas. I did a quick search on the forum, and got my basic answer (more than likely the second night). But some folks might not want to do that, or might want to ask about recent experiences (because it is always possible Carnival is changing things up), so they will create a new thread. It probably gets answered right away, with a few groans possibly. And then life moves on.

I usually try to provide the basic info requested if it hasn't already been given, and gently point the OP to a search method or existing thread that has more related info that might interest them. Sometimes I roll my eyes, wonder how the poster manages to even turn on a computer, and move on without responding.