Can someone recommend a private tour company for a Jeep excursion in Cozumel?

MichMom06

Getting so many mixed reviews. I just know I a) don't want to go on the ship sponsored excursion and b) I don't want to get ripped off (on price or shady tour operators). I know, I don't ask for much, do I??? ;) But in all seriousness, I was ready to book with shoreexcursioneer.com and now I'm nervous. I understand they are just a broker for the tour companies and I've been told to book directly with the tour company but I need helping finding a reputable one. Can anyone make any suggestions? There will be 4 of us (me, DH and 2 kids ages 8 & 11) coming off the NCL Getaway in April and we're looking for some sort of guided Jeep tour that hits up Punta Sur, the east end of the island, and maybe some time for beach/snorkeling/lunch. Thank you in advance for your help!

I was more focused on a tour taking them where they wanted to go than the type of vehicle they would be riding in.

Oh ok, I thought perhaps you had heard he had branched out since the OP specifically asked for a private jeep excursion.

I wouldn’t mind doing an open-air jeep excursion with a driver sometime (we did a great one on Grand Cayman once) but I don’t want to be in a self-driven caravan.

Thank you all for your replies. After a little research, we decided to book with Tours Plaza. Same type of tour only in a van instead of a Jeep. ;) Better price, too, though in the end I think it will cost nearly the same once we pay for entrance and/or tour fees and lunch, but we're very excited! Got to personalize our tour and everything. Thanks again!

Thank you all for your replies. After a little research, we decided to book with Tours Plaza. Same type of tour only in a van instead of a Jeep. ;) Better price, too, though in the end I think it will cost nearly the same once we pay for entrance and/or tour fees and lunch, but we're very excited! Got to personalize our tour and everything. Thanks again!

Highly recommend ToursPlaza! We have traveled with them many times with different sized groups and ages 2 - 90 year olds!

We booked with ShoreExcursioneer when we where there in February. We had Claudia as our personal tour guide. We did have to drive our jeep, but she was great! We drove around in the jeep, then we went on the catamaran tour (it was just the four of us) to go snorkeling. This was great and very private. We went to two snorkel spots. After that, we went to a restaurant for lunch. I thought it was a great value for the money spent. It was $90 each, but well worth the money for the experience.

Maybe you can request a specific guide??

We booked with ShoreExcursioneer when we where there in February. We had Claudia as our personal tour guide. We did have to drive our jeep, but she was great! We drove around in the jeep, then we went on the catamaran tour (it was just the four of us) to go snorkeling. This was great and very private. We went to two snorkel spots. After that, we went to a restaurant for lunch. I thought it was a great value for the money spent. It was $90 each, but well worth the money for the experience.

Maybe you can request a specific guide??

So was the guide in your jeep or did you have to follow?