Beach with the Best Food?

TravelScholar

This topic is very subjective. My best Cozumel dishes may or may not be your best Cozumel dishes. Most beach clubs are reasonably uniform in food quality for most American tastes. Tacos, fajitas, hamburgers etc. If you don't need to jump into the water, Bob Marley's Rasta Bar/ Paradise Café (not to be confused with Paradise Beach) has excellent seafood and ceviche. Good sandy beach, just no swimming. It's at the turn on the road that goes around the island to the east side. Or Playa Planacar, before the light house has consistently good food. Quieter Beach, and still on the Western side so swimming and water craft are available.

I have been going to Cozumel for vacation 18+ years, before we started cruising....and have never had bad food in Cozumel. Some of the food at the restaurants right along the main street (Rafaelo Malgar) can be a bit Americanized, i.e. watered down, but nothing is ever bad. The farther you get off the main street, the spicier and more authentic you get.

If you go to any of the beach clubs, you will probably get great food. It will probably be a bit Americanized as they have to please the cruisers. They depend on tourism dollars so one bad review here on CC or Tripadvisor will kill them.

So pick your beach club, then go and when you get there, ask your waiter what they recommend and what they have on the menu that is "authentic" and what does he like to eat. No kidding, you'll probably get better food that way.

As I said, never had anything bad in Cozumel, but I have had a few meals that were no different than a Mexican restaurant back home. We always look for the Mayan dishes, or Yucatecan dishes, depending how listed. If I can't pronounce the name, its probably really good.

robin