Viking Homelands - September - temperatures on board

purvis

Does anyone have any feedback on the temperatures on Viking during fall Homeland cruises? Is it too warm inside to plan to wear things like high neck, long sleeve sweaters to evening meals, etc?

Many people have commented on this topic, and I think the majority say the inside ship temp is comfortable to warm. So, I just want to chime in to say that I, personally, am usually cold in the restaurants and lounges. I find the easiest thing is to pack a couple of lightweight but warm cashmere pashminas and just wrap them around me if I get cold. We did the Eastern Seaboard last October and Homelands in late May and June.

Can't comment on temperatures inside the ship, but we were in the Baltic from middle to end of September last year and we had mostly sunshine. SPB was shorts & t-shirts

Well, SPB has unreliable weather - period.

You never know what the weather like in the Baltics at any time of the year now.

We were on Homelands last July (2017). We felt somewhat chilly in the restaurant but not in the lounges or cabin.

I agree with SantaFe1 on pashminas.

Layers are your best friends at this time in Northern Europe :)

I did the cruise Sept 4-19 Stockholm to Bergen. I found no problem with the temp on the ship. I do work in a/c and I am usually comfortable but some I work with are cold and some are hot so that inner temp thing for you may vary. Never felt the need for an extra layer inside but I had T shirts to flannel and sweaters on board--never wore a sweater. I just judged what they said the temp was suppose to be and dressed accordingly. The first day in SP was cool, especially the boat ride if you stayed up top with no a/c but the second in the 70s. 85 Berlin day and 80 in Bergen. If you know about it remember that a lot of those buildings are no a/c and if they can't open windows, like some of the museums, it will be uncomfortable and stuffy. Though our hotels on each end had windows you could open and we had no problems with the temp.

We have traveled with Viking in winter on the Med and found that in general the inside temperature on the ship was comfortable regardless of the outdoor temps--in that 68 to 72 "comfort zone." That is not to say that there weren't hot spots and cold spots around the ship. And, for sure, everybody has a different idea of too hot or too cold.