which side of the ship?

We'll be on the Explorer next feb.We are in cabin 12008.Is this the correct side to get the sun?I've tried to work it out but directions have never been my strong point.I also understand that deck 12 has a smoking area......will our cabin be near there?

Have I made a mistake with this cabin?

Thank you in advance.

Like your sense of humour SausPud.Don't suppose it matters which side of the ship I'm on as I'm at the top of the ship anyway.

I'm more concerned about smoking on deck 12 and can't find out where the smoking area on deck 12 is. I'm not on face book so can't find out there.As a non smoker I don't want to be near the smoking area.

Like your sense of humour SausPud.Don't suppose it matters which side of the ship I'm on as I'm at the top of the ship anyway.

I'm more concerned about smoking on deck 12 and can't find out where the smoking area on deck 12 is. I'm not on face book so can't find out there.As a non smoker I don't want to be near the smoking area.

As far as I know, the smoking area decks are on 6 and 11. Both of these shouldn't spoil your balcony on 12. Enjoy.

Even if you were right next to it the smoke would dissipate anyway in to the sky. I really don’t think it would be an issue.

I’ve been on cruises where the next door cabin occupants smoked and I didn’t smell it at all.

You will get more fumes from the funnels when they are stoking the engines.

I'm sure that the smoking areas on the Explorer are on decks 12,? and 7.Not sure of the other.

The reason I don't want to be near the smoking area is precisely what Cloudyrain is saying.I have been in the next cabin to a smoker and it wasn't very pleasant sitting on my balcony with the cigarette smoke wafting over,and no it doesn't dissapate into the sky.

I am an ex smoker and haven't smoked for 25 years or more so I know the pros and cons.I would rather change deck than be next to a smoking area.

Anyway,thank you all once again for your input.