"reserved seating" in MDR - Escape

cruiser123!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before (I couldn't find it in search). We were on the Jewel of the Seas (RCCL) this past March. We used My Time Dining and has a reserved time each night in the MDR. We were asked after our 1st meal if we wanted to reserve the same table (ie have the same staff) for the rest of the cruise

Is this something done on NCL too? My daughter has Celiac so having someone aware of her food allergies was very helpful.

thanks.

Don’t worry, your server will be aware, and your daughter will be taken care of very well by the dietary manager. Dd15 has celiac and has cruised on 4 different NCL ships, and it has always been a great experience. For breakfast and dinner, dd just called him and let him know where we were going to be eating, and he met up with us there. She ordered breakfast and dinner the day before (she liked the buffet for lunch, big salad eater, but even when we did the buffet for breakfast she ordered ahead of time, because there are so many GF options to chose from).

You can ask for the same server each night and make a reservation for the MDR also if you want. On two of our cruises we had a great lunch server the first day and asked where they worked at night, then specifically asked for them when we went to that MDR... they both remembered us (didn't hurt that we left a tip at lunch) and we got great personal service.

I don’t think Bird read it either.

I read the post and believe that emphasis was on getting the same servers, assuming by having the same server, they would remember the specifics of a food disorder. And on NCL, you can not reserve the same table or reserve the same waiters to help with a autoimune disorder.

Celiac disease can be disclosed to any wait staff at any restaurant for any meal. And the OP can be advised on which foods off the menu will accommodate that restriction.

In the case of a severe food allergy that could result in anaphylactic shock, you must advise the access desk 45 days prior to cruise and have it noted in your record. You must then coordinate with the restaurants you will be eating in 24 hours in advance. If the hostess sees a severe food allergy noted in a record and the meal is not pre-coordinated and if the chef can not guarantee the safety of the food, the guest can be denied service (they would rather you go hungry than risk a life). A special galley is used to prepare foods for people with allergies or dietary restrictions. The preparation of the food is sequenced to avoid any life threatening cross contamination (e.g., foods are cooked on a flat top in an order that would prevent allergens from being introduced in subsequent meals).

For common dietary restrictions, there are reminders to the wait staff on food content

eef52f18f85ca7e0062a141bd130db1d.jpg

26d1cb838953238ac2fbf3f1d6a78052.jpg

49569d9685fbd74651dd70e37f9ec367.jpg

On the Epic, we ate in MDR every night we weren't in a specialty at same time. First night, they asked us the same thing and we then had the same table with same wait staff. That's definitely nice -- it's really old school.

I'd say that after the first night if you like your wait staff team, go up to the Maitre' D, tell them how much you appreciated the team you had and see if it's possible. Can't hurt. They love to hear about good service!

I read the post and believe that emphasis was on getting the same servers, assuming by having the same server, they would remember the specifics of a food disorder. And on NCL, you can not reserve the same table or reserve the same waiters to help with a autoimune disorder.

Celiac disease can be disclosed to any wait staff at any restaurant for any meal. And the OP can be advised on which foods off the menu will accommodate that restriction.

In the case of a severe food allergy that could result in anaphylactic shock, you must advise the access desk 45 days prior to cruise and have it noted in your record. You must then coordinate with the restaurants you will be eating in 24 hours in advance. If the hostess sees a severe food allergy noted in a record and the meal is not pre-coordinated and if the chef can not guarantee the safety of the food, the guest can be denied service (they would rather you go hungry than risk a life). A special galley is used to prepare foods for people with allergies or dietary restrictions. The preparation of the food is sequenced to avoid any life threatening cross contamination (e.g., foods are cooked on a flat top in an order that would prevent allergens from being introduced in subsequent meals).

For common dietary restrictions, there are reminders to the wait staff on food content

eef52f18f85ca7e0062a141bd130db1d.jpg

26d1cb838953238ac2fbf3f1d6a78052.jpg

49569d9685fbd74651dd70e37f9ec367.jpg

I always contacted the access desk and had dd’s celiac attached to the reservation. After we were seated the first day, we were asked who had celiac, it popped up with the card swipe.