Orchestrating a group

RMS Olympic

I am considering putting together a group for a Greek Island cruise in the summer of 2007. I realize the schedules are not out...the current brochure goes to the spring of 2007 only.

Has anyone ever put together a group on Seabourn and did the line accommodate the group well once on board? Putting together a bunch of people can have its difficulties...but are groups well accepted by the line or by fellow passengers?

Thanks for reading.

Tom

Hi,

Seabourn accomodates groups very well. I was actually with a group when I first met Martita. She also always has a great "informal" group that follow her (as she is the hostess with the mostess). If you work with a travel agent and put together a group you can get an extra discount. I presume it will all be friends/relatives? Check with your favorite travel agent and they can tell you what the group discount would be, once it is out, of course. In general it is an extra 5% discount after the Early Booking Discount is taken off.

Once onboard it is no problem sitting together and of course, being all inclusive, you can get together for cocktails whenever you want. I like to meet everybody up at the Sky Bar and I have also had small cocktail parties in my suite.

Bon voyage

I am considering putting together a group for a Greek Island cruise in the summer of 2007. I realize the schedules are not out...the current brochure goes to the spring of 2007 only.

Has anyone ever put together a group on Seabourn and did the line accommodate the group well once on board? Putting together a bunch of people can have its difficulties...but are groups well accepted by the line or by fellow passengers?

Thanks for reading.

Tom

WE have been on Seabourn with several groups--in most cases it's just fine--other times the groups can be a pain! You just have to be careful the group doesn't try a "Take Over". I'm sure that any group you would put together would be a good one! Good luck!

Seabourn has many groups and you may well not know they are on board. It depends on what the group is and who is in the group. But as for the original poster's question, I think you will find that Seabourn is one of the best at making it all happen. You should, of course, have a good TA who has dealt with Seabourn before, to have the best experience. (Sometimes putting those groups together can be very frustrating and time consuming!).

Thanks for the comments on the other board. My maintaining a gentlemens behavior was being strained so I dropped out of the discussion all together.

I have booked the Dec 2-9 2006 cruise in the Caribbean taking a ROS gaurantee. As for 2007, I just might consider a transatlantic if I like the cruise in Dec enough and whether I fit the Seabourn experience.

I will watch to see when you fine gentlemen are booking and see if my schedule permit.

From the sounds of the other Seabourn posters including LaPaloma, they sound like great folks like those on the Radisson board.

Thanks again for everything...I look forward to our meeting, good conversation, fine dining, and laughter under the stars at sea..who could ask for anything more.

Thanks for the comments on the other board. My maintaining a gentlemens behavior was being strained so I dropped out of the discussion all together.

I have booked the Dec 2-9 2006 cruise in the Caribbean taking a ROS gaurantee. As for 2007, I just might consider a transatlantic if I like the cruise in Dec enough and whether I fit the Seabourn experience.

I will watch to see when you fine gentlemen are booking and see if my schedule permit.

From the sounds of the other Seabourn posters including LaPaloma, they sound like great folks like those on the Radisson board.

Thanks again for everything...I look forward to our meeting, good conversation, fine dining, and laughter under the stars at sea..who could ask for anything more.

Capt Tom,

You WILL be spoiled, I promise! From reading your posts, you will definately fit the Seabourn experience! Too bad we are looking at 2007... So far away!

Transatlantic Legend Nov '05

Panama Canal Legend Feb 06

Host Dan

Captain Tom,

You don't really need to orchestrate a group on Seabourn---you will be immediately welcomed onboard, and you will make friends without any difficulty at all. In a sense, the entire ship will become your "group"! You will find it easy and effortless to fit right in!

Regards,

Denyse

Archived