obnoxious neighbors

purplethorn

What do you do in an event of noisy obnoxious neighbors? Can you call front desk or somebody to complain or would you ask them to be more considerate first?

We have never had this happen on all three cruises we have taken but never sailed NCL and with "open bar" I am a bit worried it will be a booze cruise.

I am okay with kids noise (to an extend) , but grown ups not being considerate I cannot tolerate lol

We were recently in an aft balcony with a suite next to us. Our neighbors thought that in the walkway to our door was the proper place to put their chicken wing bones on the floor so that they could be picked up. We pushed them back into their space twice before they were finally picked up later in the day by the crew. You would have thought that somewhere in the suite with all the counter space, tables and desk they could have placed this for their butler to take them away properly. They didn't place anything outside after the first full day on the cruise, I'm assuming the butler told them not to place things out in the hallway like that. We kept our glasses on our little counter in our room until the room steward came to do our room.

Thought that was really rude and not necessary especially being in such a big space like a suite.

We were recently in an aft balcony with a suite next to us. Our neighbors thought that in the walkway to our door was the proper place to put their chicken wing bones on the floor so that they could be picked up. We pushed them back into their space twice before they were finally picked up later in the day by the crew. You would have thought that somewhere in the suite with all the counter space, tables and desk they could have placed this for their butler to take them away properly. They didn't place anything outside after the first full day on the cruise, I'm assuming the butler told them not to place things out in the hallway like that. We kept our glasses on our little counter in our room until the room steward came to do our room.

Thought that was really rude and not necessary especially being in such a big space like a suite.

That is just terrible! It is disrespectful to the butler let alone to the neighbors

3-4 day cruises are all for the most part, Booze Cruises, IMHO...

I would go into it expecting much more of a party atmosphere than say, a 10 day Med Cruise...

:loudcry::loudcry::eek::(

it is my first short cruise , hope its not my last ... I think NCL might be a good fit for us for future sailings I don't want to get disappointed

We found that a 3 day cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas was very boozy but we must have been lucky as there was not too many problems we encountered. We are hoping that Cuba will be similar; it may be boozy but we hope for no problems.

First morning, I was in a studio cabin on the Breakaway when I heard a guy screaming curses for like 2-3 minutes. I thought, ok, that was weird but let it pass. The second morning the same thing happened. I had been out very late so I went back to sleep then later knocked on the door, no answer. I wrote a polite note to please stop screaming and left it outside the cabin. It worked, I didn't hear a peep the rest of the week.

That is very rude and no reason for a suite pasenger to leave dirty dishess and such outside the cabin. Our butler always tells us to just give him a call and he will come by and pick up.

It is amazing how some people are slobs and/ or have no manners.We really wanted a family suite on the Dawn for our next cruise but on researching the available one saw a woman's review and how people coming from pool area left wet baby swim diapers outside her suite everyday.And used glasses. We went for usual aft cabin and are happy.

What do you do in an event of noisy obnoxious neighbors? Can you call front desk or somebody to complain or would you ask them to be more considerate first?

We have never had this happen on all three cruises we have taken but never sailed NCL and with "open bar" I am a bit worried it will be a booze cruise.

I am okay with kids noise (to an extend) , but grown ups not being considerate I cannot tolerate lol

The "open bar" has not caused any issues on any cruise I have been on. You may have obnoxious neighbors, but in all likelihood it will not be because of the alcohol. The cause however is irrelevant. If you have problems with neighbors contact guest services. Don't confront them yourselves as it could easily cause an issue.

It is amazing how some people are slobs and/ or have no manners.We really wanted a family suite on the Dawn for our next cruise but on researching the available one saw a woman's review and how people coming from pool area left wet baby swim diapers outside her suite everyday.And used glasses. We went for usual aft cabin and are happy.
I don't think swim diapers are not allowed to be used.

The "open bar" has not caused any issues on any cruise I have been on. You may have obnoxious neighbors, but in all likelihood it will not be because of the alcohol. The cause however is irrelevant. If you have problems with neighbors contact guest services. Don't confront them yourselves as it could easily cause an issue.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on an aft balcony Alaska cruise with lots of sea time with a big group of adults playing poker non-stop. It seemed to be a family of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Yes it was very loud and they had a huge bar set-up too which meant lots of partying.

We couldn't hear them with the door closed, thank God, but didn't get to use our balcony much. We didn't say anything mostly because they outnumbered us big time.

It made me think twice about getting another balcony but I have booked one for a Med cruise in Sept 2019. I assume everyone will be exhausted from the itinerary so won't have to worry about it.

There's no reason for anyone to leave their trash in the hallway.

But yet people do. On every cruise I have been on I don't think a day went by when I didn't see a trash, plates, food outside of peoples cabin. I never understood it.

There's no reason for anyone to leave their trash in the hallway.

I ALWAYS put my finished plates and such out by my door. There is not much counter space in the cabins and what little there is gets used by things other than dirty dishes that I no longer need in my cabin. That is plenty reason right there.