American Express Offer Is Back

mrcliff

Noticed today that the American Express offer is back for the Carnival family of cruise lines.

See below for details:

DETAILS

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $750+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 10/15/2018. See wlcl.com/amex. Terms and exclusions apply.

Was about to post this... saw the offer in my Amex account today.

Can anyone familiar with this offer please clarify for me...?

I currently have a booking held but haven't paid in full. That's happening on Monday with my Amex card. Will I get the credit?

Edit-- my confusion is around the "new bookings" part. My booking is held with two FCCs. Never used my credit card. I guess I'm wondering if they consider a new booking "new" when it's held with FCCs, or "new" when it's actually paid for with the card.

Thanks,

Andrew

I currently have a booking held but haven't paid in full. That's happening on Monday with my Amex card. Will I get the credit?

Edit-- my confusion is around the "new bookings" part. My booking is held with two FCCs. Never used my credit card. I guess I'm wondering if they consider a new booking "new" when it's held with FCCs, or "new" when it's actually paid for with the card.

Thanks,

Andrew

I've used it in the past on bookings that were "old" and still got the credit.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’ve also used it in the past for bookings that I have had and it’s always gone through. Actually did it with both my husband’s and my two son’s who have copies of our cards last year so got $400 off!

I’ve also used it in the past for bookings that I have had and it’s always gone through. Actually did it with both my husband’s and my two son’s who have copies of our cards last year so got $400 off!

I believe that's cheating, Carolyn. :*:*:*

Careful.....Amex is catching on:

https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/amex-offers-chargeback-multiple-offers/

Hubby and I have separate AMX accounts. We both use the bonus when we pay for our cruises. Seems like the smartest thing to do.

BUT we are authorized users on each others account and once the primary account holder used the promo, it was gone from the authorized users account.

I'll take it where I can get it!

Thank you.

I just checked and I had the offer on my Amex.

My husband has his own (not connected to mine ) and it'll probably be there, too.

We are just coming up on final payment on cruise and that $300 will be a welcome discount (especially since the airfare for this cruise is about 3X what we've paid in the past).

I just checked my AMEX. My offer is for 15,000 points for $750 and specifies new bookings only and reservations have to be made between 9/05/2018 and 10/15/2018.

It seems the wording is more restrictive than in the past and I wonder why mine is offering points instead of a cash credit. Maybe because I already used my AMEX for the first installment payment? :confused:

I don't even know if I would qualify for the points since I originally booked in August...

Amypete, did this show up under the OFFERS when you pull up your card?

If so, it should be available.

If not, how did you try to get the offer?

I am assuming you used the last $100. offer.

And are now wanting to do the new $150. offer.

It did not shown up and when I used the link to add it said It had been used. [emoji35]

I’ve added it before with links with no problem. And if it’s the $150, that certainly is a new offer and would be very helpful for a 10 day cruise in 2019!

I’ll try again tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk