Enchantment JS Cabin recommendation

golfpccc

Any of the JS on deck 8 mid ship around elevators are quiet.

8110, 8112,8114 8116, 8610, 8612, 8614, 8616

Jimbo:)

I'd stay away from connecting staterooms 8110 and 8610.

Of these listed, I'd go with 8616. Starboard side to avoid the roller carts going to Park Cafe.

Are the JS cabins on deck 7 considered less desirable? We are booked in 7166 which is an aft cabin and because of it's position on the aft corner of the ship it has a larger balcony. Hadn't really thought about it being noisy.

I believe the only deck 7 JS staterooms are the aft facing staterooms. Desireability would be a matter of personal preference. Some don't like the long walk, no matter how large the balcony. Others love huge aft balcony (especially the corner aft), no matter how long the walk.

By the way, we had 7166 once and could hear the thumpa thumpa one night from the lounge below. I've read here that 7666 has less of a problem with noise from the lounge below.

Thanks for the info Bob. Not to concerned about the long walk. We had the furthest boardwalk stateroom on Allure a couple of years ago - now that was a walk.

Hopefully we won't be bothered to much by the noise from the lounge below. We can usually tolerate a bit of noise and there is always the large balcony to retreat to.

We've have had a couple aft JS on EN over the years. LOVED the cabin and balcony, hated the walk to Windjammer. The walk could be tolerated, but the music from the crew nightly parties was particularly bad. Roughly 2-4am, it was too loud for me.

We are trying a JS on the side of the ship in November. Can't wait.

I'd stay away from connecting staterooms 8110 and 8610.

Of these listed, I'd go with 8616. Starboard side to avoid the roller carts going to Park Cafe.

This is exactly the kind of detail and information you cannot possibly uncover without coming to the CC boards. Thank you Bob!!

Sue & I booked 8592 for the Apr 19- May 3 cruise (last from Port Canaveral before moving to Miami I believe) just a few cabins from the mid ship elevators. Near the whirlpools on deck 9. This is our 11th Enchantment Cruise... Love the ship and the 4 day itinerary. Just a days drive from SC...

It should be a quiet cabin...

Pool decks usually get real quiet about sundown and later unless it's spring break, then you may not get quiet....

Dennis & Sue

This is exactly the kind of detail and information you cannot possibly uncover without coming to the CC boards. Thank you Bob!!

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, that's also the kind of info learned through personal experience.

Thanks everyone, ended up booking 8626, it was the closest cabin to the aft elevators on Starboard side that was available for our b2b2b. Hope it won’t be too noisy with carts running over head!!

Carla

Just got off 8626 this morning. We did have some carts in the middle of the night but other than that it was a great location. Hardly any plugs in the room though.

Just got off 8626 this morning. We did have some carts in the middle of the night but other than that it was a great location. Hardly any plugs in the room though.

I read on another thread that this room (8626) has a pole at the end of the bed. Is that true? :o

Thanks, did you hear carts every night and for how long? Actually, don’t think there is a cabin on the sides of deck 8 that you don’t hear some noise. I’ve read there is no pole in this cabin, is that correct?

Carla

No pole in 8626. As for noise, it wasn't bad for me until the last night. Friday night, totally quiet. Saturday night, moving chairs woke my husband up and then Sunday night I heard lots and lots of carts going back and forth overhead.

I'd probably still book that room in the future because the location was pretty ideal and the room and balcony size were nice. I might just have some ear plugs or white noise app on my phone available. I can sort of overlook/forgive work related noise like moving chairs or carts because I also didn't have people running up and down the halls, noisy neighbors or general party type noise that I find to be more distracting.

No pole in 8626. As for noise, it wasn't bad for me until the last night. Friday night, totally quiet. Saturday night, moving chairs woke my husband up and then Sunday night I heard lots and lots of carts going back and forth overhead.

I'd probably still book that room in the future because the location was pretty ideal and the room and balcony size were nice. I might just have some ear plugs or white noise app on my phone available. I can sort of overlook/forgive work related noise like moving chairs or carts because I also didn't have people running up and down the halls, noisy neighbors or general party type noise that I find to be more distracting.

Thanks for the info! One should just realize that if you book a suite on this ship the cabin is going to have noise from above!

Carla

I believe the only deck 7 JS staterooms are the aft facing staterooms. Desireability would be a matter of personal preference. Some don't like the long walk, no matter how large the balcony. Others love huge aft balcony (especially the corner aft), no matter how long the walk.

By the way, we had 7166 once and could hear the thumpa thumpa one night from the lounge below. I've read here that 7666 has less of a problem with noise from the lounge below.

The band stage in the lounge below is directly below cabin 7166. That was why I changed to my usual choice of 7666 (which was previously unavailable, and then showed up later).

Did the band play late when you were in that cabin? I am not sure when they shut down for the evening...but I didn't think they played late into the evening?

The band stage in the lounge below is directly below cabin 7166. That was why I changed to my usual choice of 7666 (which was previously unavailable, and then showed up later).

Did the band play late when you were in that cabin? I am not sure when they shut down for the evening...but I didn't think they played late into the evening?

Most nights they did not play too late, maybe 10:30pm - 11pm. However, on the night of the Quest, the sound lasted later and seemed much louder.

8614 is awful. Under a bathroom

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So is 8114:eek: We were in 8614 one cruise, and never again. The flushing was constant all night long:eek:

Our favorite JS on Enchantment are either 8096 or 8596 (if we can get them)

So is 8114:eek: We were in 8614 one cruise, and never again. The flushing was constant all night long:eek:

Our favorite JS on Enchantment are either 8096 or 8596 (if we can get them)

We have an aft JS in November.

Will likely be choosing the ones near aft elevators in the future

We have an aft JS in November.

Will likely be choosing the ones near aft elevators in the future

We find that the block of JS between 084/584 and 096/596 are generally among the quieter ones on Enchantment (just try to avoid the ones with stripper poles in them):)

Most nights they did not play too late, maybe 10:30pm - 11pm. However, on the night of the Quest, the sound lasted later and seemed much louder.

Thanks Bob...now I am glad I switched over to the starboard side (7666) when that cabin came up for grabs. Old fart that I am...I tend to hit the sack 9 pm. ;)

Never heard much noise when we book #7666...and sure do love that huge aft wrap balcony! :)