Bliss - Los Angeles Cruise Port transfer question

mringenoldus

Please recommend!!

We disembarked the Star Princess at the Los Angeles World Cruise Terminal today - it was extremely slow getting off the ship. In October, my family members will disembark Bliss at the same which is twice as big! The ship arrives at 8:00am and the flight home leaves at 11:00 from the Long Beach airport. If I recall correctly, the airport is only about 15 minutes away.

NCL won't sell transfers unless the flight leaves after 1:00pm. What might be my other options? I know my DIL will need car seats for two of the children.

If I change their flight they will have multiple stops. Has anyone made it to LGB in time for an 11:00 flight? Does anyone have transport suggestions?

Thanks!

Maureen

You need to plan on at least 25 minutes at that time of day. As long as 45 minutes if you want to be on the safe side. The wild card is the amount of time disembarkation will take. That can depend on things that are out of your control. You will be pushing it. I would not do it. If I had to try to win a bet, I would use a good car service like RoadRunner. Good luck!

Please recommend!!

We disembarked the Star Princess at the Los Angeles World Cruise Terminal today - it was extremely slow getting off the ship. In October, my family members will disembark Bliss at the same which is twice as big! The ship arrives at 8:00am and the flight home leaves at 11:00 from the Long Beach airport. If I recall correctly, the airport is only about 15 minutes away.

NCL won't sell transfers unless the flight leaves after 1:00pm. What might be my other options? I know my DIL will need car seats for two of the children.

If I change their flight they will have multiple stops. Has anyone made it to LGB in time for an 11:00 flight? Does anyone have transport suggestions?

Thanks!

Maureen

I always use Lansky when in the LA area, simply because they are one of the few companies that will provide car seats. They have always been reliable for us and I would recommend them! https://www.golansky.com/

What day of the week are you talking because you never know on SoCal freeways. I've had times when debarkation was super fast and other times where we could not get off of the ship and people were missing their flights. Also, with a ship this size, I wonder how long it will take for customs. Good luck!

Just wanted to add that I love the Long Beach airport. It reminds me how John Wayne used to be back in the day.

Thank you so much - I am going to contact Lansky but also realize that I will likely need to change flights. Yesterday's driver said that the traffic is somewhat less on Saturdays. It's just disappointing since LGB is so close and easy to navigate, because the 11:00 flight would have been perfect for them.

Many thanks, Maureen

Please recommend!!

Thanks!

Maureen

What time did the Star Princess arrive back at port in LA? If your family does self assist, can't they be one of the first off? Long Beach airport is only about 20 minutes from the port...especially on a Saturday! I would keep the 11am flight....

Our ship arrived at 6:00am. There were only 6 immigration agents checking out passengers and even with our priority disembarkation we weren't off the ship until almost 10:00am. We fortunately found a driver waiting at the curb willing to take us to LAX. He drove quickly to the airport (thankfully the three accidents on I 405 were on the southbound side) and we arrived in time to checkin and head straight to the gate for our 12:10 boarding.

I did change all the flights (which fortunately didn't cost anything extra. I was very concerned about having my son's family with three little children missing a flight. We will now be able to use the inexpensive NCL transfers to LAX and be able to have a much more relaxed disembarkation morning.

Our ship arrived at 6:00am. There were only 6 immigration agents checking out passengers and even with our priority disembarkation we weren't off the ship until almost 10:00am. We fortunately found a driver waiting at the curb willing to take us to LAX. He drove quickly to the airport (thankfully the three accidents on I 405 were on the southbound side) and we arrived in time to checkin and head straight to the gate for our 12:10 boarding.

I did change all the flights (which fortunately didn't cost anything extra. I was very concerned about having my son's family with three little children missing a flight. We will now be able to use the inexpensive NCL transfers to LAX and be able to have a much more relaxed disembarkation morning.

I hope they have a great time on the Bliss! I am on the NCL Star over New Year's and I am booking a noon flight out of LAX. I don't anticipate having any problems. I will just be traveling back to San Diego so I can always take the train if something happens (I HATE driving in the OC and LA and my mom is flying in from Phx so I thought I'd just fly as well).

Please recommend!!

Thanks!

Maureen

What day of the week is Key here!

going to LAX, coming from a post cruise NCL tour, how is traffic on a Friday??

It’s currently 9am here in LA on a Friday and this is traffic now going to the airport towards El Segundo it’s rush hour from 6am to maybe 10am . Port of San Pedro is at the bottom close to where it says 47IMG_2665.thumb.JPG.85b112946c6e1637c7093d469bebf5a8.JPG

How about on a Sunday?????? Less traffic? Cause that's when I will be returning from a Mexican Rivera Cruise on 1/27 Flights back to RDU are all mostly night time and will get me back a whole lot later than I want.

Sunday freeways should be clear in the morning.

Oh this is just what I wanted to hear. Thank You soooo much!!!!!!!!!!
We got off the Bliss on Memorial Weekend on Friday. We got in line to get off at 4:00AM for the 7:00AM disembarkation carrying our own luggage. The Haven people got off first, we were 3rd off after them At about 7:15AM. We got a cab 15 or 20 minute minutes later and were at LAX well before 9:00AM. Our flight was at 11:45, we changed our flight to 10:45, no charge on Southwest ! We had no problem, but we were sweating bullets the whole time. I guess, we were lucky with no traffic. I thought because of the Holiday Weekend the traffic would be worse, but, when you think about it,maybe it would be less because some people might take an extra day off for the Holiday. Your airport is closer yet, I don't think you would have a problem, but, you need to get off early. You may not even have to carry your own luggage off, when we walked to customs (it was a breeze getting through customs, they just practicality waved us through ) the luggage was all there ready to be picked up ! I think you can easily make it, just getting off as early as you can is the thing you need to do !

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like the 11:00 flight could be done but there won't be much room for error and they will need to make sure they do what it takes to be off the ship early.

the problem I see is the 2 car seats you mentioned. That means they need to do all the right things with a couple of very young kids in tow? I wouldn't take the chance.