Where is the "military pier" when I'm looking at Google Maps?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:21 AM.
Ontario
433 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Going on the Rhapsody and it appears they are docking at the military pier right now. Looked at Google Maps but nothing specific jumps out when you type that in. I see the coast guard station on the north side of Key West with what looks like a large mooring facility on the west side of it (where Whiting and Mustin meet).

Is this the pier? If so I read that you have to take a tram from there to the town. Can I assume this is laid on by the cruise line or town and if so where would it drop you off and then...do you pick it up from the same spot (obvious really I know).

Would it actually be the "Navy Mole Pier". So the south west part of the town near Fort Zachary?

Many thanks
Pete
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cincinnati
3,888 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
We docked at the navy pier on a Norwegian Cruise. This is approx where we were docked

A free tram to Mallory square was set up by the cruise line. I think that’s mandatory. I don’t think we could have walked in and out of the base if we chose to. All adults had to bring picture ID and it was checked on the tram ride back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
East Coast
443 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
We were there last week and docked at the Navy pier. You cannot walk out as this is an active military base. You are required to take the shuttle -they run continously in both directions, open air trams mostly. Takes about five minutes or so to reach the drop off area in the center of town near Mallory Square and across from the biggest CVS I have ever seen. Return to the same place when you are ready to go back to the ship.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app
Chicago
656 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Is this for all ships? Will be there on the reflection the first week in january

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
16. Celebrity Solstice 9/14/18 (Pacific Coastal); 15. Celebrity Reflection 1/2/18 (Carib.); 14. Nieuw Amsterdam 5/14/16 (AK); 13. Celebrity Equinox 1/2/2016 (Carib.; 12. Nieuw Amsterdam 4/22/2015 (Europe); 11. Ruby Princess 1/10/2015 (Carib.); 10. Crown Princess 5/17/2014 (AK); 9. Eurodam 1/5/2014 (Carib.); 8. Celebrity Eclipse 5/25/2013 (Baltic); 7. Ruby Princess 1/6/2013 (Carib.); 6. Celebrity Equinox 5/14/2010 (Europe); 5. Crown Princess 12/12/2009 (Carib.); 4. Caribbean Princess 5/10/2009 (Carib.); 3. Explorer of the Seas November 2003 (Carib.); 2. Carnival Destiny November 1999 (Carib.); 1. Carnival Celebration November 1995 (Carib.)
Cincinnati
3,888 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by Tennant
Is this for all ships? Will be there on the reflection the first week in january

No, there’s a pier at Mallory square and a navy pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Atlanta/Key West
10,041 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Tennant

The Reflection will dock at the Margaritaville Hotel Pier which is an easy walk off.

Mike
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite Member
EMAIL