Key West Places to Eat

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:20 AM.
#21
Minnesota
126 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
I know this is a late post, But! We used live down in KW and El Siboney is where we ate all the time. Dinner is pricey, but sandwiches normal prices. So good. I have a friend that is a conch and she said 5 guys has awesome burgers. I have not ate there, but I would take her word!
#23
285 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by parrotfeathers
Anyone know if Blackfin Bistro offers any lunch items other than burgers, sandwiches and salads?
Yes, they do. They have fish, shrimp and a couple pasta dishes as well as several appetizers. Their menu is online.

However, they will likely be closed for a while. Large trees damaged their outdoor seating area during Irma and they haven't announced a reopening date yet.
#24
Mississippi
1,385 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Thank you so much. I mistakenly thought they were open for next week. Maybe next year. Will have to try one of your other recommendations.

Originally posted by keywester33
Yes, they do. They have fish, shrimp and a couple pasta dishes as well as several appetizers. Their menu is online.

However, they will likely be closed for a while. Large trees damaged their outdoor seating area during Irma and they haven't announced a reopening date yet.
#25
Mississippi
1,385 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Thirsty Mermaid is open we can try that.
Keywester--which is better--mussels or clams if I decide to choose? I'm more inclined to try the mussels but do not know why.
#26
285 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by parrotfeathers
Thirsty Mermaid is open we can try that.
Keywester--which is better--mussels or clams if I decide to choose? I'm more inclined to try the mussels but do not know why.
Yes, thirsty mermaid is open and is very good.

I prefer mussels to clams, but I think it's a matter of taste rather than one being better than the other.

Enjoy your trip!
#27
Cape Canaveral, FL USA
3,415 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by Diggerof4
I know this is a late post, But! We used live down in KW and El Siboney is where we ate all the time. Dinner is pricey, but sandwiches normal prices. So good. I have a friend that is a conch and she said 5 guys has awesome burgers. I have not ate there, but I would take her word!
We eat at El Siboney quite often and think it's one of the most reasonably priced restaurants on the island, love their food.

Five Guys is a chain and they can be found all over. I know many people like them but I've never been a fan. I personally think the burgers at Smokin' Tuna or Sunset Pier are better.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Beth
~~~~~~~~~~~
GO KNIGHTS!


Carnival Triumph Eastern 6/2/07 Review

December 10, 2006 Carnival Legend Pictures Carnival Legend 12/10/06 review

May 22, 2004 Carnival Glory Pictures May 25, 2003 Carnival Victory Pictures

Emerald Seas 6/86 & 11/87, Royale 10/88, Celebration 6/97, Grandeur of the Seas 6/98, Sensation 6/99 & 12/9/07, Carnival Triumph 6/00, 11/17/01 & 6/02/07, Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02, Carnival Victory 5/25/03, Carnival Glory 5/22/04, 25th Anniversary Cruise on Carnival Legend 12/10/06, Thanksgiving Family Cruise on Carnival Valor 11/21/10
#28
Minnesota
126 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by cruisemom2
We eat at El Siboney quite often and think it's one of the most reasonably priced restaurants on the island, love their food.

Five Guys is a chain and they can be found all over. I know many people like them but I've never been a fan. I personally think the burgers at Smokin' Tuna or Sunset Pier are better.
Yes, agree! If I go some place different, I DO NOT LIKE going to the chains. I want to try as local as possible and hole in the walls are the best. LOL some are...LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#29
Ventura, CA
313 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Hey Keywester33, didn't see it mentioned in this thread so I thought I'd ask for your thoughts on Santiago's Bodega? Reviews I have read have been really good.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#30
Atlanta/Key West
10,030 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Geeocacher
Hey Keywester33, didn't see it mentioned in this thread so I thought I'd ask for your thoughts on Santiago's Bodega? Reviews I have read have been really good.
Most agree it is the #1 restaurant in town. Reservations are strongly urged as it is very busy.

Mike
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite Member
EMAIL
#31
Ventura, CA
313 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by bhopal21
Most agree it is the #1 restaurant in town. Reservations are strongly urged as it is very busy.
Ok, that was my next question. In one of the reviews they mentioned that they overheard the guy at the front on the phone telling someone that they were booked solid for the next two weeks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#32
285 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by Geeocacher
Hey Keywester33, didn't see it mentioned in this thread so I thought I'd ask for your thoughts on Santiago's Bodega? Reviews I have read have been really good.
For me, the number 1 place in town depends what you want to eat. Everyone has different taste and while I really like Santiago's Bodega, their menu lacks local seafood. Unless it has changed recently, the only local fish is grouper fingers, basically fried fish sticks, and I think they have Tuna Ceviche. It's a great place for a group to enjoy tapas and they have lots of great things on the menu, but if I were a visitor I would want to try fresh local seafood, simply prepared.

In my opinion, better options for this are Blackfin Bistro, Bagatelle, Salute and The Thirsty Mermaid. If you are here in the evening, 7 Fish, Azur, Flaming Buoy or Little Pearl would be others with excellent fresh fish.

Of course, if you are not interested in local seafood, Santiago's has very good food and is fun with a group. You do have to reserve in advance.
#34
Ventura, CA
313 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by keywester33
It's a great place for a group to enjoy tapas and they have lots of great things on the menu, but if I were a visitor I would want to try fresh local seafood, simply prepared.
Yeah, I wasn't actually looking for the "one" place to go, as most might be on this board coming off a cruise ship. I will be down for a week in May. I'll be trying many of the others as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#35
san diego
129 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Was in Key West last week and loved Santiago Bodega! They have a Happy Hour and it is well worth going early.
Also went twice for lunch at Kermits for the Cuban sandwich! They make it with ham and pulled pork. really good. Had the key lime pie too. Liked it
Also loved Latitude. Very romantic with the Xmas lights on the Palm trees. Green fronds and white on the trunks. Liked the key lime pie here as it had meringue on top. Was interesting.
#36
Northwestern NJ
2,773 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by firefox23
Try El Siboney. Authentic Cuban food that is awesome. At the intersection of Catherine, and Margaret if I recall. Get there before the lunch rush, or the line will be out the door.
Originally posted by cruisemom2
We eat at El Siboney quite often and think it's one of the most reasonably priced restaurants on the island, love their food.
We had lunch at El Siboney on Christmas Day and it was fantastic!! While a little pricey for lunch, we enjoyed everything we had. And the homemade sangria was delicious too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lisa






#38
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2,990 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
I know it's old, but I'd add my choice of Latitudes here as well. Lunch is good and dinner is great. I'd still go for lunch if visiting on a cruise. The little free boat ride is a nice addition and adds to the experience. For dinner, Latitudes is probably the best restaurant in Key West IMO.