Fort lauderdale hotels

didugger

Can anyone suggest a nice ($200) hotel room in Fort lauderdale on the beach.? We would also like to have a good dinner on Sunday evening when we return from our cruise. We land in Miami on Oct 14th, our anniversary. We fly out of fort Lauderdale on Monday morning.

Thanks in advance.

@ $200 Dollar range is gonna be a cheaper hotel with no parking more than likely .

Prices for hotels like Embassy Suites and Hilton on 17th street can be from $300 plus with parking included

Flying in wont get you a much better price if you include Taxi fare.

Since you've posted on the Carnival board, I'm assuming you'll be cruising on Carnival from Fort Lauderdale. While my FLL hotel preference is not on the beach, I'll tell you it is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. It is the closest hotel to the port. Their waterfront property has a fabulous swimming pool where you can watch the yachts coming and going in the marina. They also have a nice poolside Tiki bar. My favorite place to eat while staying there is the 15th Street Fisheries where the downstairs offers good waterfront casual dining and bar (try their fresh Gulf shrimp) and you can feed the tarpon from the dock. While the restaurant is very close, it is a short taxi ride away from the hotel due to the layout of the marina.

http://15streetfisheries.com/

Be sure you state you want to dine/drink dockside at 15th Street Fisheries because the upstairs dining area is more formal and expensive.

Edited by winddawn

Marriott harbor beach is a great place to stay on the beach. I like the Hyatt Pier 66 also while not on the beach has a great pool area and lots of nice restaurants like Pelicans Landing on pier 66 for some great yacht watching! The Hyatt has golf carts that will give you a ride from the hotel down the pier to the restaurant. Hyatt and Marriott are some of the few hotels that you have a view of the cruise ships at Port Everglades. We had a great sunset dinner on the water there! The rustic inn is close to the airport in FLL and the stone crab should be in season still during your visit! You can sit outside by the waterway. Try the garlic bread it was delicious [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marriott harbor beach is a great place to stay on the beach. I like the Hyatt Pier 66 also while not on the beach has a great pool area and lots of nice restaurants like Pelicans Landing on pier 66 for some great yacht watching! The Hyatt has golf carts that will give you a ride from the hotel down the pier to the restaurant. Hyatt and Marriott are some of the few hotels that you have a view of the cruise ships at Port Everglades. We had a great sunset dinner on the water there! The rustic inn is close to the airport in FLL and the stone crab should be in season still during your visit! You can sit outside by the waterway. Try the garlic bread it was delicious [emoji39]

Pier 66 lost its flag with Hyatt.

I’m partial to the W Fort Lauderdale, Westin Beach Resort and Harbor Beach Marriott though. Great Platinum recognition at all three.

Pier 66 lost its flag with Hyatt.

I’m partial to the W Fort Lauderdale, Westin Beach Resort and Harbor Beach Marriott though. Great Platinum recognition at all three.

I didn’t realize pier 66 lost Hyatt. I stayed there three days before Irma hit. We were at sea for two weeks due to the hurricane. Still is a great place to stay especially for the great view from the tower rooms!

I didn’t realize pier 66 lost Hyatt. I stayed there three days before Irma hit. We were at sea for two weeks due to the hurricane. Still is a great place to stay especially for the great view from the tower rooms!

Yep, it’s been a while since they lost the flag.

Riverside is another awesome option in Fort Lauderdale if you’re looking for independent but it’s a little further from the beach and the Dalmar looks promising for when it opens.

I’ll be staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort for right at $200 per night. I considered the Doubletree in Hollywood Beach for about $150 per night. Don’t forget to use AAA, AARP, federal or state government discounts, if applicable to you. The savings can be quite significant.

I’ll be staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort for right at $200 per night. I considered the Doubletree in Hollywood Beach for about $150 per night. Don’t forget to use AAA, AARP, federal or state government discounts, if applicable to you. The savings can be quite significant.

You received a really great rate for

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort (y)

Price wise doing a search on the OP's requested date turns up from $322 up to a $1,069 on those dates .

@ $200 Dollar range is gonna be a cheaper hotel with no parking more than likely .

Prices for hotels like Embassy Suites and Hilton on 17th street can be from $300 plus with parking included

That is true no doubt in the high season but October isn't high season.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info -- start your search there. We like hotels in the 17th street/downtown area, with lots of dining options nearby.
We are staying at the holiday inn 17th street and paying $109 for one night during the summer.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app