Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:47 AM.
Central Virginia and Mathews County
455 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
CONGRATULATIONS! Prayers for swift healing and back to your normal life with Judith!
Feel better soon!

Originally posted by Trainman-2
Today was the big day!
Originally posted by Trainman-2

I had my last radiation therapy treatment and "Rang the Bell"

Here I am with Nurse Megan. Every morning I would go in a bit early and sit down with Nurse Megan and we would talk about how I was doing. I learned a lot from her as she explained what was going on with the radiation and how it was affecting me.

Here I am "ringing the bell!" (Photo by Judith)

Ron & Maurine showed up, as they did for my first treatment, and took us to lunch afterward. Ron shot a video and some photos which I will post up when he sends them to me.

My butt is still really sore from the radiation, Nurse Megan says it will take 3 or 4 weeks for the redness and discomfort to go away. (NO! I do not know if it glows in the dark!)

In about 8 weeks I will have a PET Scan that will tell us is the cancer is still growing or not. The scan may not give a clear result if the swelling from the radiation has not dissipated. If this is the case, I will have to wait another 3 months for another PET Scan.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
'Sealovers Sails Again'
831 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
So happy for “ringing” of the bell. Continued prayers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing to All
([email protected])

Carnival--Imagination 2000
Holland American--Masdam 2002
Royal Caribbean--Voyager of the Seas 2011
Royal Caribbean--Allure of the Seas 2013
Royal Caribbean--Brilliance of the Seas 2016
Royal Caribbean--Oasis of the Seas 2018

Bunnell, FL 32110
13,979 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We have a cold front coming through with bands of heavy rain.

Internet service is in and out...

I am quickly learning that it is going to take a while for me to get my strength back. I am going to have to carry my rollator around with me. Even short walks are too much.
49 Posts
Joined May 2012
Congratulations on ringing the bell. Take it easy during your recovery. Fingers crossed for a good report going forward!

Miami, FL
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Congratulations on finishing your treatment and ringing the bell!

We always enjoy following you and Judith on your adventures!

All the best to both of you!
Virginia Beach, VA
4,816 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
The house looks great! You did a really good job getting it ready. The barn should be advertised as a party barn!!! It would be a great place for a summer kitchen with lots of cafe lights hanging from the ceiling and outdoor furniture and picnic tables!
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,979 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
They warned me that I would have good and bad days and yesterday was a bad one. I didn't get much of anything done.

But today Ron & Maurine came over and we stuffed the JudithMobile (truck) and the Explorer full and emptied out the garage except for some tools that I will need for picking up palm fronds and cutting the grass.

One afternoon this week we will clean it out and make it look neat.
4,005 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
The house looks great! You've all done a great job getting it ready for sale.

Here's hoping for a quick, full-priced sale!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Vista, Southern Caribbean, December 2017; Anthem of the Seas, Southern Caribbean, March-April 2016; Oasis of the Seas, Western Caribbean, August 2015; Quantum of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2014; Independence of the Seas, April 2014; Explorer of the Seas, December 2012; Oasis of the Seas, Western and Eastern Caribbean, March 2012; Allure of the Seas, Eastern and Western Caribbean, March 2011; Ruby Princess, Eastern Caribbean, March 2010; Mariner of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, April 2009; Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal, March 2008; Crown Princess, Southern Caribbean, April 2007; Sapphire Princess, Alaska, May 2006; Mariner of the Seas, Western Caribbean, April 2005; HAL Zuiderdam, Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
suburban Chicago
1,198 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
First and foremost, Jim, let me congratulate you on finishing your treatment. I am constantly amazed at how well you've handled what's been doled out to you and the fact that you haven't let your discomfort and/or lethargy keep you firmly planted on the couch or worse yet, in bed. For that alone, let me ring a bell in YOUR honor! 🔔 👏👏👏👏 Wishing you nothing short of great news going forward from here.

Also, congrats on getting your former home listed. It was actually you and Judith seeing your new home for sale and deciding to dive in head first to what is a HUGE and laborious task, both mentally and physically, that spurred me on to finally "s##t or get off the pot" and get my now former home formally on the market and out shopping for a new place to hang my hat. I'm Sooooo glad that I finally did it and you know what? You're partly responsible, so THANK YOU JIM & JUDITH! 🤗

I've been in my new place for 3 months now and am tickled with it every day. Hope you also have a quick sale and can start to really enjoy yourselves.

Bunnell, FL 32110
13,979 Posts
Joined Jul 2006

The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a Hard Freeze Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday morning.

* TEMPERATURE...mid to upper 20s.

* IMPACTS...A Hard Freeze Watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible. These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation and will be hazardous to pets and vulnerable populations.

A Hard Freeze Watch means that temperatures 27 degrees or less are possible for at least 2 hours
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,979 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Lots of little things today. I am staying home and taking it easy and catching up on correspondence and bills.

I got two notices today from TRICARE that my Chemo pills are not covered. One for $4,771.40 and the other for $7,786.00. As you can guess, I jumped right on these and called the pharmacy that sent me the pills. They explained that the coding was correct for Medicare which had already paid but wrong for TRICARE. They have already re billed TRICARE with the correct code and told me not to worry that TRICARE will pick up the costs and send me new paperwork showing that.

I am lucky that I am retired Military and eligible for TRICARE For Life! TRICARE almost always pays what Medicare does not. My Brother, Tom, is paying about $500/month for supplementary insurance to pay for what his Medicare does not.

I made my first sandwich since I started on the Chemo pills. Ham & Cheese with tomato. WOW! It was good! Sorry but I didn't think to shoot a photo.
980 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
When I read your amounts owed, I audibly gasped! For something that is so necessary, it is so wrong to charge exorbitant costs. I'm very glad yours will be covered by Tricare.

Sending continued positive thoughts and healing vibes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

125 days at sea so far...and looking forward to many more!

RCCL Harmony of the Seas - February 2017
RCCL Oasis of the Seas - February 2016

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - March 2015
RCCL Independence of the Seas - February 2014
RCCL Vision of the Seas - February 2013
RCCL Allure of the Seas - February 2012
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - May 2011
RCCL Liberty of the Seas - March 2010
Carnival Liberty - May 2009
Celebrity Zenith - June 2006
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - September 2004
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - January 2003
Carnival - 2000
NCL - May 1999
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - September 1998
NCL - Setember 1997
NCL - September 1996
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,979 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
There is a large field just north of us that is being planted. The activity is too far away for us to figure out what they are planting. Lots of tractors going by our house these days.

When we bring the Kubota over here we will ride over there and check it out.
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,979 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We were up in Palm Coast yesterday and Judith announced we should go to Salsa's for an early Mexican dinner.

We started with cheese dip, bean & cheese dip, salsa, and pico de gallo. The guacamole is made to order and it showed up a few minutes later.

Judith had the Carne Asada with grilled onions and mushrooms covered with cheese

I tried something new which was pork & pineapple chunks served in a pineapple, sizzling on a hot cast iron plate. It was pretty good! You can see the steam rising form it.