labadee/amiga island

dancersp119

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We went to Amiga Island in February 2017 off of Celebrity Reflection. Weather wise we had a beautiful day and our tour time was 10:30. The boat ride over was uneventful and not all that far. The island is cute but that's about it. Yes, you can swim and snorkel (if you bring your own gear) but unless you want to swim way way out, forget about snorkeling. There were toilets in good repair and usable - no issues there. There was a bar you could purchase drinks and beer - run by the boat operators. Although they advertise the island as uninhabited, there were several men stationed around the island selling stuff. I found them a bit unnerving when walking around the island. They weren't horribly pushy but they were there. I felt like I was constantly being watched. There were wooden lounge chairs and a hammock. That's about it. 2 hours later we headed back. Because we needed a shower to get rid of the sand and salt, we headed back to the ship. We showered and had lunch and headed back off the ship to see Labadee. It was only 2 or 2:30 but some things had already closed up and skids of things were already bundled up to go back on the ship. We tried to go to the lookout point and it was closed up. We couldn't even get a beer (although we later learned we could have got one at one of the further main bars). We wandered for an hour and headed back onto the ship. We had been to Labadee once before and felt we'd have enjoyed the beach and shoreline of Labadee way more than Amiga island and saved ourselves $200. Personally, I cannot recommend Amiga and I would not go again.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't go.... Big disappointment

Please elaborate on why it was so disappointing. The island looks really nice and seems like a quiet respite from the crowds on labadee and apparently the staff seem attentive

• 1 year later...
Don't go a terrible waste of time and money. Royal Caribbean should be ashamed of themselves... Needs some serious cleaning up!:mad:

When you say needs some "cleaning up," what are you referring to exactly?

I took the tour in 2016 and felt that the island had a lot of trash on it. Did you find this to be true as well?