[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:50 PM.
I come from a land down under
25,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by NSWP
Yes their 'Priority Guest' loyalty program is worth joining, best room prices and points for a stay, meals, drinks. You also get 20% off meals and drinks and a free drink on arrival. Rydges at Sydney International Airport is fantastic for an early road, just across the road from check in at the Terminal. The one on World Square, Sydney is also good, North Sydney one is rubbish. Join Seniors Club on Line or National Seniors and most Rydges will give us Dinosaurs complimentary brekkie.

North Sydney was the first Rydges I stayed at, but that was a loooooooong time ago.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Batehaven, Australia
11,480 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by GUT2407
North Sydney was the first Rydges I stayed at, but that was a loooooooong time ago.
Having stayed there 4 times in the past 5 years, let me tell you mate, it is now a dump, well past its use by date.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
I come from a land down under
25,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Having stayed there 4 times in the past 5 years, let me tell you mate, it is now a dump, well past its use by date.
Sad to hear, it was that hotel that lead to many nights with Rydges
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Caloundra Qld Australia
162 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Don’t know why you need to stay in “downtown area”,look up
Glenferrie Lodge in Kirribilli .Its 2 minutes from the ferry which is a pleasant 17 minutes ride to circular quay,very clean and reasonable,breakfast option if you want it,hope you have a wonderful holiday
Cheers Carole
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
🇦🇺. 🥂. 🏖. 😎. Enjoying retirement
Batehaven, Australia
11,480 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by GUT2407
Sad to hear, it was that hotel that lead to many nights with Rydges
Yes mate, I stay there when visiting my son at Riverview, he always has a heap of South Americans staying with him, so we have to camp out at Rydges North Sydney, 1975 time warp hotel, cockroaches and all.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
39 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
I have booked in again for Wednesday night at the Russell Hotel. It's a quirky place and not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I love the proximity to both the Circular Quay train station and the Overseas Passenger Terminal. It is literally less than 200m from both and as a country bumpkin, even I worked out easily how to get to it from the Airport!

The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and the complimentary continental breakfast is plentiful.

Price wise, I don't think it is particularly cheap, but as everyone else has said, Sydney in general doesn't seem to be cheap so I guess at least transfers are not an issue.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melbourne, Australia
604 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Yes mate, I stay there when visiting my son at Riverview, he always has a heap of South Americans staying with him, so we have to camp out at Rydges North Sydney, 1975 time warp hotel, cockroaches and all.
Sad to hear that about that Rydges. I always stay at the World Square location when I stay before a cruise.

I stay at the Cronulla one about 5 times a year when I travel for work.

I have stayed at Canberra, Fremantle and Adelaide Rydges and the World Square is by far the best. Adelaide is also getting past its use by date, but I will be staying at both Fremantle and Adelaide again next week.

So although some locations are a little run down and in need of a major refurb, their loyalty programme keeps me coming back.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature