Does any cruise line match Norwegian with its "freestyle" dining options.

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:56 PM.
12,814 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
We find Celebrity to be fairly close to NCL Freestyle given the number of alternate dining venues and their hours of operation.
Alberta, Canada
156 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
I'm not the OP but I really appreciated the question. We've only ever cruised on NCL, and we started with them because of their Freestyle cruising. DH is not a big fan of dressing up. If I can get him to wear khakis one night on a cruise, I'm happy. And he likes to be spontaneous, not tied to a dinner time. So I'm happy to hear that there are other options out there. I'd like to explore other cruise lines. Just have to get him out of his jeans/shorts a little more often in the evenings!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Dawn January 28, 2018
NCL Getaway May 2015
NCL Sun November 2013
Point Richmond CA
6,520 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by MyTMo777
I'm not the OP but I really appreciated the question. We've only ever cruised on NCL, and we started with them because of their Freestyle cruising. DH is not a big fan of dressing up. If I can get him to wear khakis one night on a cruise, I'm happy. And he likes to be spontaneous, not tied to a dinner time. So I'm happy to hear that there are other options out there. I'd like to explore other cruise lines. Just have to get him out of his jeans/shorts a little more often in the evenings!

Take a serious look at Oceania. He will need to wear "big boy" pants and shirts at dinner. But, there will be non"prom nights." And, once he tastes the food, he may find it easier to lose the shorts.