Disembarking in NYC

stankie2

I will be returning from a transatlantic cruise ending in NYC. I will have to get to the airport, either LaGuardia or JFK. Does Uber run from the cruiseport to the airport? Does anyone know how much it costs and/or how much a taxi costs to the airport? Also, we dock at 8 AM. Any idea how long I should allow to get to the airport?

which port in NYC?

I would think you need extra time for immigration/customs clearance as well

Yes, Uber is alive and quite well in NYC :). But since you have not told us which NYC area port (there are 3) we cannot give you a price estimate.

Hank

I will be returning from a transatlantic cruise ending in NYC. I will have to get to the airport, either LaGuardia or JFK. Does Uber run from the cruiseport to the airport? Does anyone know how much it costs and/or how much a taxi costs to the airport? Also, we dock at 8 AM. Any idea how long I should allow to get to the airport?

Before you book a flight, get some advice from the NY experts on the East Coast Departures Board. Always provide the specific date, number of people, and cruise ship/arrival Cruiseport as well as any other considerations like mobility issues. New York has three airports (LGA, JFK, and EWR) and three cruiseports (Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ). Picking the wrong airport could be an expensive choice. Exact day of the week is super important because of the ongoing construction/traffic delays at LGA and distance to JFK.

A car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo is often recommended. They can be price competitive and worth some extra money to get a driver who knows where he's going and has a fleet of cars as backup.

Yes, Uber is alive and quite well in NYC :). But since you have not told us which NYC area port (there are 3) we cannot give you a price estimate.

Hank

not sure why you quoted my post instead of the OP :confused: