Can I use my own chair?

JCinATL

On my last cruise, there were times when I just wanted to chill out in a quiet spot and look at the ocean. But I was in an inside cabin and quiet spots were hard to come by. (I was looking for something that was the opposite of next to the pool during the karaoke or whatever.)

There were some decks like this that would have been perfect:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/empty-cruise-ship-walking-deck-8822146.jpg

but no comfy chairs on them.

I have a chair I take to music festivals that is light and folds up small but is great for lounging in. Could I bring it with me and just set myself up on an empty deck like the one in the picture?

We have taken those little folding chairs that go into a bag before. Carried em on.. no comments from staff on CCL or RCI.

Then we realized we don't sit in areas where chairs are hard to come by... so that stopped. LOL

Our first cruise was on the Destiny in 1999. On that deck, the whole thing was lined up with lounge chairs. Since that cruise, every ship we've been on has that deck and not one chair on it. I don't understand why they quit utilizing that space for lounging. On the Destiny, it was always full of people. Even late at night.

I don't think they would say anything. When we took our 7 month old (in 2010), we had a stroller, an entire full-size suitcase dedicated to his stuff, and a foldable pack-n-play that we carried on. No problems. Even took the pack-n-play to a beach in Mexico.

Our first cruise was on the Destiny in 1999. On that deck, the whole thing was lined up with lounge chairs. Since that cruise, every ship we've been on has that deck and not one chair on it. I don't understand why they quit utilizing that space for lounging. On the Destiny, it was always full of people. Even late at night.

because stupid people were throwing them overboard. (

and if the weather was windy it was more work to get them chained up

is that the smoking area? in the smoking areas they do put tables and chairs

Yes unfortunately the view to the port was on the smoking side! Seems a little unfair to put chairs on the smoking side but not on the other side.hmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Forums