Flying out of EWR, returning to Red Hook

FritzG

We're flying to London out of Newark, and Royal Princess TA docks at Red Hook. In the past we've left our car at a Newark hotel and taken the Princess shuttle from Red Hook to EWR and then a cab to the hotel to get our car.

This time we're thinking of staying in a hotel in Brooklyn where we could leave our car and taking a car service to EWR for our flight.

Opinions?

You won't find a hotel in Brooklyn where you can leave your car. You may as well continue to do what you've done in the past, but depending on the cost of the Princess shuttle to EWR it might not be more expensive than taking the Princess shuttle and a taxi to take a car service directly from Red Hook to where your car is parked.

Edited by njhorseman

You won't find a hotel in Brooklyn where you can leave your car. .

Marriot Brooklyn Bridge is $40 a day self or valet parking notice that is the same price people complain about at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

Most hotels in Brooklyn don't even have parking garages and you can't street park because of alternate side street parking regulations. You are subject to tow for any parking violation as well, does not usually result in a tow but the City is using more boots now as well.

I know in Downtown Brooklyn, you would take a cab/rideshare/livery service from Red Hook to 235 Gold Street between Tillary and Concord is $20 a day. Haven't used them in a long time though.

http://parkright.com/257-gold-street-brooklyn.shtml?gclid=CjwKCAjwxZnYBRAVEiwANMTRX-AtzhS1HUwE2Zm9hRqOclfRdidM6xotkspfxPW-kcz8lyAPSldRmBoCCP0QAvD_BwE

For something a little different, you could stay at Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island one night before your cruise. They have free parking while on your cruise and a free shuttle to EWR w/reservation. You could still use the Princess shuttle to get to the cruise port or a car service from your hotel.

For something a little different, you could stay at Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island one night before your cruise. They have free parking while on your cruise and a free shuttle to EWR w/reservation. You could still use the Princess shuttle to get to the cruise port or a car service from your hotel.

I like the Hilton Garden suggestion a lot, but I'd price out the transportation carefully. I'd bet it's cheaper for 2 people to take Uber, a NYC cab, or a car service between Red Hook and the Brooklyn Cruiseport than to pay for the Princess shuttle between Red Hook and EWR. It would certainly be a lot less time. Hampton Inn is also an option and there are other hotels on SI where you might be able to arrange parking. You will lay a $15 bridge toll to get onto SI from NJ.

Thanks for all of the replies. I did wonder if there would be a hotel with long term parking in Brooklyn. We'll probably stick with what we know and leave our car in Newark.