Landing in FL and sailing from Miami

In December we are landing in FL & sailing out of Miami. We will arrive 1 day prior to our cruise. What is the most cost effective way to get from the FL airport to a hotel near the Port of Miami? Thanks

UberX or standard Lyft will handle 2-3 passengers and normal bags, and should run about $35-40 for the car, depending upon what hotel and where in Miami. Taxi on the same run will be about $70+

Google BRIGHTLINE which is a commuter train. Ft Lauderdale station is on Broward Blvd, Miami Station is downtown very close to the port.

Another cheap option is Tri Rail. Ft L station near the airport. Miami Station is out by the airport. $27 flat rate to go fro Miami Tri Rail to the port.

It might be cheaper to just rent a car.

Google BRIGHTLINE which is a commuter train. Ft Lauderdale station is on Broward Blvd, Miami Station is downtown very close to the port.

Another cheap option is Tri Rail. Ft L station near the airport. Miami Station is out by the airport. $27 flat rate to go fro Miami Tri Rail to the port.

It might be cheaper to just rent a car.

It does not cost $27pp to get to Miami Port or Miami Hotel from FLL any way except by taxi

SAS is $15pp and Uber not much more

What's cheap about this?

No brainier!!!!

Edited by cruisinfanatic

In December we are landing in FL & sailing out of Miami. We will arrive 1 day prior to our cruise. What is the most cost effective way to get from the FL airport to a hotel near the Port of Miami? Thanks

We've used SAS Transportation (shared shuttle) at $15 a person as well a taxi at $85 including tip. UberX says $33.68 while UberXL is $70. Larry's Limo from FLL to Marriott Biscayne Bay (Miami) was $88.50 includes airport fee and 20% gratuity. Port of Miami to FLL, $102.00 including 20% gratuity.

http://www.ridesas.com/sasreserve.php

http://www.larryslimo.com/

We've used SAS Transportation (shared shuttle) at $15 a person as well a taxi at $85 including tip. UberX says $33.68 while UberXL is $70. Larry's Limo from FLL to Marriott Biscayne Bay (Miami) was $88.50 includes airport fee and 20% gratuity. Port of Miami to FLL, $102.00 including 20% gratuity.

http://www.ridesas.com/sasreserve.php

http://www.larryslimo.com/

Why any other way?

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale in February and staying at Embassy Suites which has their own shuttle to Miami the next day.

Will either use their shuttle or UBER to the Miami port.

What does ES charge for their shuttle service to Miami? :confused:

Car rentals in Florida are dirt cheap. You could probably rent a car at the Fort Lauderdale airport and then drop it off the following day at the Miami airport for around $30. Just take the shuttle from the Miami airport to the cruise port.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Car rentals in Florida are dirt cheap. You could probably rent a car at the Fort Lauderdale airport and then drop it off the following day at the Miami airport for around $30. Just take the shuttle from the Miami airport to the cruise port.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I did that once & I had a limo sedan take me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Beware of UBER for FLL to POM. Tried it and was quoted $37. Late that evening(about sail away), I got an email from UBER saying that they were charging my CC another $12 because the driver rode in the left lane...what????? Called CC company and had it removed.

Beware of UBER for FLL to POM. Tried it and was quoted $37. Late that evening(about sail away), I got an email from UBER saying that they were charging my CC another $12 because the driver rode in the left lane...what????? Called CC company and had it removed.

When I did Uber from POM to FLL the driver took an arse end route instead of going directly. Could easily be seen on the map of the journey! Ended up getting charged $67 instead of the $51 estimate. Complained to uber via the website who refunded the difference without questioning it.