Ferry to Columbus Cove

MooNGaTe27

It is right there at the pier when you get off the ship. You literally have to walk past the ferry to get off the pier. Check to see if it is operating, because it does not always run, but when it does it saves a bit of walking.

In our experience, it is running when the ship first docks for maybe two to three hours. Only takes passengers to Columbus cove. Cannot return to ship on ferry.

Correct on both. I think it stopped running at noon last time we were there.

Here's a pic I took while sitting on the ferry. It shows how close it is to the ship.

labadeesm.thumb.jpg.cf33782b57e186d89c088a970e23ce3e.jpg

• 1 month later...

We have a bungalow booked during our 2018 Oct 21st sailing on Oasis.

Our mother (75) is a little unsteady on her feet so was looking to relax for the day in the shade.

I understand that there is a taxi to Columbus cove, but will we be able to get her back to the ship easierly?

Are the Golf carts ect? There is no way she could walk that distance.

We have a bungalow booked during our 2018 Oct 21st sailing on Oasis.

Our mother (75) is a little unsteady on her feet so was looking to relax for the day in the shade.

I understand that there is a taxi to Columbus cove, but will we be able to get her back to the ship easierly?

Are the Golf carts ect? There is no way she could walk that distance.

There is a tram that Royal Caribbean runs that will take people from the end of the pier to each of the beaches, including Columbus Cove. She would have to go to the end of the pier and a little bit further to catch the tram, but I assume RC has wheelchairs that she could use. Once you get to the tram stop at Columbus Cove, she would have to make her way to the cabana. Getting back would be the same, just in reverse.

The ferry discussed on this post is another option in the morning, but not the afternoon. The walking might actually be less if you take the ferry since it is right by the ship, but she would have to get in and out of the ferry to make it work.

I assume RC has wheelchairs that she could use. Once you get to the tram stop at Columbus Cove, she would have to make her way to the cabana. Getting back would be the same, just in reverse.

They did have wheelchair pushers for the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

For the bungalows you can pick up a smaller <golf cart> size that carries 4 ppl across from the tram stop. Bring your proof of bungalow 'ownership'. It will take you right to the bungalows and they will also bring you back at the end of your visit. The bungalow attendants will call it for you for your return trip Please bring tip $$. If the Columbus Cove bbq isn't open, they will also transport you to the other bbq area.