Soot on Aft Balconies - Britannia

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:14 AM.
Hyde United Kingdom
505 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Presto2
We remember watching them have their meal on the balcony - provided and served by their butler - and the lovely sun loungers they had. The balcony is huge !

If there is soot they wash it off - just take flip flops for first thing in the morning for the odd bits on the floor.
Thank you I will. Looking forward to using the butler.....although not sure for what yet 😂
ONTario-CAnada
2,956 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-ee!
A sweep is as lucky
As lucky can be

Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-oo!
Good luck will rub off when
I shakes 'ands with you
Or blow me a kiss
And that's lucky too

https://flic.kr/p/Kaor9H
Hyde United Kingdom
505 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by ONT-CA
Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-ee!
A sweep is as lucky
As lucky can be

Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-oo!
Good luck will rub off when
I shakes 'ands with you
Or blow me a kiss
And that's lucky too

https://flic.ekr/p/Kaor9H
Haha ...I feel very lucky to be in a suite...even if the balcony is covered in soot haha 😂😂
Wales, UK
1,738 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
P&O Azura in trouble again. This time their Captain is up in court in France today for burning low grade high sulphur fuel whilst cruising the Mediterranean. Hope they throw the book at P&O. Soot on balconies is due to the actions of P&O cost saving policies and too hell with the environment and the passengers - profit is what counts !
161 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
We had A727 on Britannia in March which is a corner aft suite,lovely room,fabulous balcony,especially at sea for 5 days when we were in a suntrap sheltered by the ships superstructure while things were flying up on deck!
Yes we saw soot,never that much to be a problem,no problem with noise to any extent either just a fabulous time,we like Britannia but are spoilt now,just couldn't go back to her usual mini-balconies!!!
Access was our main bug bear at that end of the ship,the lifts are useless for anything below deck 7 & when finishing the night in the lovely Crows Nest it is one heck of a trek back to the cabin!
Cambridge
577 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
We have had an aft cabin underneath the sunset bar on a TA and yes you do get occasional soot smuts but then we have also been covered in smut while idling on a lounger round the main pool area in Barbados on disembarkation day. We did have a daily clean and our steward normally did this while we were at breakfast.As others say in depends on atmospheric conditions and is not solely a P&O problem. I have also heard it said about Royal Princess