Evening dinner times in the Grills?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:40 AM.
Bury, UK
34 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
I understand that evening dinner in the grills is 6.30 until 9.00 pm. Does this mean service finishes at 9 or is it possible to commence dining at say 8.45?

My wife and I spend quite a lot of time dancing in the Queens room, so we like to plan dinner time around dance sessions.
Derbyshire
299 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
I may be shot down here but I would be embarrassed turning up at 8.45 the very latest would be 8.30 and that would be a through the door time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chester, UK
1,609 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by bunkrest
I may be shot down here but I would be embarrassed turning up at 8.45 the very latest would be 8.30 and that would be a through the door time.

Why ?

If the time stated is 9PM then that's the time you need to be sat at your table for. That's the time they stop taking orders, not the time that stop cooking.
Midlands
2,801 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by bunkrest
Because I’d feel awkward that’s why

I agree would never dream of going in a restaurant anytime after 8-30pm if they state 6-30pm until 9pm.
Canada
59 Posts
Joined Jun 2018
If I may be so bold, perhaps one might clarify with Cunard before the embarkation date - or with the maître d'hôtel once on board - whether 9pm is the time by which to be seated, or the time at which the dining room closes.
That should clear up any misunderstandings with much more authoritative certainty than polling the fine denizens of CruiseCritic.com for their varying opinions.
I'm guessing that - based on the cost of travelling in the Grills - the onboard servers will likely be lenient in the application of such constraints. But I might still propose going to the source for the most reliable response.

https://res.cloudinary.com/complex/i...zcldbp4hig.jpg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QM2 - Roundtrip TransAtlantic Crossing M832A - Aug-Sept 2018

Professional Mariner, Shipbuilding Project Director, SAR Guy
Queen Mary 2 - Roundtrip Transatlantic Crossing (M832A
Vale of Glamorgan
4,723 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
It's definitely not the time the restaurant closes, don't worry you will have plenty of time for dancing and eating.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Market Harborough, UK
849 Posts
Joined Aug 2000
Originally posted by Fox trotter
I understand that evening dinner in the grills is 6.30 until 9.00 pm. Does this mean service finishes at 9 or is it possible to commence dining at say 8.45?

My wife and I spend quite a lot of time dancing in the Queens room, so we like to plan dinner time around dance sessions.
My opinion would be that it is fine arriving late if you are a table for 2, perhaps not very considerate if you are sharing a table.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Trevor Lake
berkshire
1,350 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Fox trotter

The 7.45pm Sequence dancing and/or the Strict Tempo dancing will often finish at 8.30/8.35pm ish . The various 7.45pm cocktail receptions ( Captains, World Club & Senior officers) will finish at 8.30pm. Often folk ( like me) will linger, finishing a drink or chatting and then 'saunter along' to their respective restaurants by 8.45pm .

You'll have no problem, however, common sense prevails....... I wouldn't like to arrive at 9pm