Hygiene

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:10 AM.
Brooklyn, New York USA
387 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by emam
Thanks Ramona.

Maybe a drop or two of a couple of them would be good in draws.

I infuse the inside of my suitcases with either Lavender, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass (I forgot this one). Sometimes I throw some Peppermint by placing the oils on cotton balls, paper towels, old cloth, whatever's on hand and placing them inside all the pockets in my suitcase and in the main sections. I then close up the suitcase(s) without anything else in there. I do this one to two weeks before I pack anything.

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I'll Give You a Hint ...Think Beverly Cleary
Brooklyn, New York USA
387 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by jeanlyon
And what does it do?
The essential oils in my suitcase? Hopefully it does the job of repelling any four legged creatures that may want to stow away in my luggage (aircraft holds, overhead bins, etc.). All of the oils I mentioned repel different kinds of insects or critters in the rodent family.

I hand wash my underwear in the bathroom sink. On my previous 10 day cruise, I used the self-service laundry three times. I'm not keen on doing laundry when returning from a vacation. On my upcoming cruise, I will be traveling for almost two months so I'll become friendly with the four walls of the laundry room.

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Devon, UK
4,899 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Brooklyn, New York USA
387 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by jeanlyon
Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!

This is some what off topic, maybe not; but I'm an exercise instructor plus spend time in the gym or taking classes so my business casual clothes are my workout clothes. Once I get sweaty, I can either wash them in the bathroom sink or go to the laundry. I don't machine dry my workout clothes so I hang them up to air dry helping to keep my room moisturized, LOL. By the way through the Roll Call for this cruise, 300 plus, I've organized workout classes for sea days. I need to keep my instructor skills sharp and on point. It's free and not under the auspices of the ship; those who participate will be helping me out.

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature