Hygiene

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:17 AM.
Brooklyn, New York USA
552 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by jeanlyon
And what does it do?
The essential oils in my suitcase? Hopefully it does the job of repelling any four legged creatures that may want to stow away in my luggage (aircraft holds, overhead bins, etc.). All of the oils I mentioned repel different kinds of insects or critters in the rodent family.

I hand wash my underwear in the bathroom sink. On my previous 10 day cruise, I used the self-service laundry three times. I'm not keen on doing laundry when returning from a vacation. On my upcoming cruise, I will be traveling for almost two months so I'll become friendly with the four walls of the laundry room.

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I'll Give You a Hint ...Think Beverly Cleary
Devon, UK
5,107 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Brooklyn, New York USA
552 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by jeanlyon
Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!

This is some what off topic, maybe not; but I'm an exercise instructor plus spend time in the gym or taking classes so my business casual clothes are my workout clothes. Once I get sweaty, I can either wash them in the bathroom sink or go to the laundry. I don't machine dry my workout clothes so I hang them up to air dry helping to keep my room moisturized, LOL. By the way through the Roll Call for this cruise, 300 plus, I've organized workout classes for sea days. I need to keep my instructor skills sharp and on point. It's free and not under the auspices of the ship; those who participate will be helping me out.

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
585 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by FangedRose
As I said in my op that was only one of the many reasons why he wasn't marked excellent. I do expect him to replace my things where I left them.

Anyway this has nothing to do with this thread.

No worries, I am sure the stories he tells his mates downstairs about this cabin makes up for the excellent marks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
585 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
If your worried about the bedside drawers, I guess I should not bring up soaking excursion days walking socks in the kettle at days end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
UK
1,395 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Oh come on, we all thought this thread was dead...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jan 2016 NCL Epic Canaries, Morocco and Madeira My review of our Epic First time cruise
Oct 2017- NCL Escape Western Caribbean
April 2018- MSC Meraviglia Italy, France and Spain
Oct 2018- Independence Of The Seas mini cruise Paris & Bruges
December 2018- Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Voyager
August 2019- P&O Britannia Norwegian Fjords
Devon, UK
5,107 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Originally posted by FangedRose
I wouldn't say I was a germaphobe. But I am careful about hand washing etc. However as I have meds which are best taken first thing in the morning an hour before eating, they are kept by the bed, usually in the drawer. After reading about what others do with their night clothes after wearing them I too will be taking anti viral wipes with me on my next cruise.
Sorry but what virus are you going to catch from someone's nightwear?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Brooklyn, New York USA
552 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by SquishTheWhale
Oh come on, we all thought this thread was dead...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app
It's alive; it's alive. Ressurection is real

Ramona
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
United Kingdom
557 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
No, it's absolutely hilarious and I look on it often to see what further ridiculousness has been posted, Thank goodness I'm a Naturist and wear as few clothes as possible!
West Country, UK
4,414 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by john watson
Do you take a camera on cruises, Sharon?

Lol John
Sorry - never thought to photograph it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Sharon

Cruise Photos:
https://photos.google.com/albums
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharonsshiptravels/
Blog: http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.com/

Ships sailed on:
Vistafjord, Caronia, QE2, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth Maiden Voyage, Aurora, Arcadia, Oriana, Oceana, Artemis, Ventura, Balmoral, Braemar, Adonia, Discovery, Royal Princess (2013 ship), Nautica, MV Funchal, Zaandam, Saga Pearl, Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape, Harmony of the Seas, Botel Holland, Filia Rheni II
Ships visited:
Independence of the Seas, Azura, Artania, Prinsendam, Maasdam, Crystal Symphony, Saga Sapphire, Marco Polo

To come:-
Oriana - Iceland & Greenland July 2018
Arcadia - USA & Canada Sept 2018

Arcadia World Cruise 2019
Devon, UK
5,107 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
coo, I'm really worried now about what I could catch from a fart? LOL For goodness sake! if you could catch norovirus from a fart, the whole ship would be down with it. Cracked up here.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

West Country, UK
4,414 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
I'm calling time on this thread now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Sharon

Cruise Photos:
https://photos.google.com/albums
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharonsshiptravels/
Blog: http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.com/

Ships sailed on:
Vistafjord, Caronia, QE2, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth Maiden Voyage, Aurora, Arcadia, Oriana, Oceana, Artemis, Ventura, Balmoral, Braemar, Adonia, Discovery, Royal Princess (2013 ship), Nautica, MV Funchal, Zaandam, Saga Pearl, Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape, Harmony of the Seas, Botel Holland, Filia Rheni II
Ships visited:
Independence of the Seas, Azura, Artania, Prinsendam, Maasdam, Crystal Symphony, Saga Sapphire, Marco Polo

To come:-
Oriana - Iceland & Greenland July 2018
Arcadia - USA & Canada Sept 2018

Arcadia World Cruise 2019