Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:55 AM.
United States
44 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
I've been on Carnival multiple times, so know about free drink tickets for winner of bartender contest, drawings on the first day for spa credit, and free excursions, dinners at the talks. Does Princess have similar opportunities? My family has fun participating in these.
14,228 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Every cruise ship I've ever been on has the spa run by Steiner, and they have exactly the same spa raffle on day 1. I've never seen a free excursion hand out, but I've seen t-shirts and other such nonsense given away at the shopping talks. You get a free drink ticket if you stay for the entire "first time cruiser" reception. We've also received them in our cabin when something on the ship didn't work right--for instance, on our last cruise there was no TV for 3 days....free drink coupon for everyone. There are some other things listed in the Patter--like if you go to the hair talk, one person wins a free hair cut.
Land of Bad Comedy
3,980 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
New car for finding the secret door to nirvana.

Plenty of contests and competitions with opportunities to win “prizes” on Princess cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise.
United States
44 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by neverbeenhere

Plenty of contests and competitions with opportunities to win “prizes” on Princess cruises.
Do you have any specifics for a Princess newbie? And thank you for the new cruiser talk heads up!
14,228 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by bahacca
Do you have any specifics for a Princess newbie? And thank you for the new cruiser talk heads up!
There is a lot of junk with give aways...like the art auctions with free "champagne" if you can call it that, free "art," etc. You can win small prizes at trivia and other activities. These tend to be things like Princess coasters, key rings, etc.
League City, TX
42,369 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
On embarkation day they have a "scavenger hunt" where the goal is to go to various venues on the ship and have them stamp the booklet they will give you (either when you board or it will be in your cabin). When you have all the stamps, you drop off that page at a designated place.

Either at the sailaway party on deck that afternoon or in the atrium the next morning (they will announce which), winners will be drawn for such prizes as credit at a ship's boutique, free specialty restaurant meal, bouquet of flowers, etc. ou must be present to win.
East Meadow, NY
1,286 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
If you use a TA, you will get a coupon book with a BOGO for the Crown Grill on Embarkation night only. Whatever you do, don't drink the free "champagne".
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Greek Lines
Queen Anna Maria 7 days to Bermuda 1970
Italian Line
Leonardo da Vinci (TNTC), Michelangelo (twice) & Raffaello (Sister ships)
Celebrity Cruises
Meridian, Horizon, Zenith (2003 Bermuda ), Millennium, Mercury (2001 Trans Panama Cannel)
Constellation 2004
Crystal Cruises
Crystal Harmony - Trans Panama Cannel
Cunard Line
Queen Elizabeth II (Three times) - Trans Panama Cannel, Cunard Princess (TNTC), Sagafjord
Vistafjord
Holland America Line
Rotterdam, Statendam 2002 & Veendam
Home Lines
Oceanic (Three times), Doric & Homeric
Premier Cruise Line
Big Red Boat 1991
Norwegian Cruise Line
Dreamward & Seaward
Royal Caribbean International
Sovereign of the Seas & Explorer of the Seas 2007
Princess Cruises
Caribbean Princess 2008
Princess Cruises
Golden Princess - LA to Hawaii
Crozet, VA, USA
471 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by moki'smommy
There is a lot of junk with give aways...like the art auctions with free "champagne" if you can call it that, free "art," etc. You can win small prizes at trivia and other activities. These tend to be things like Princess coasters, key rings, etc.
At the putting contest on the Coral, staff member said they have virtually no budget for giveaways, hence the coasters, key rings, etc.
pa
8,547 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
I've been on Carnival multiple times, so know about free drink tickets for winner of bartender contest, drawings on the first day for spa credit, and free excursions, dinners at the talks. Does Princess have similar opportunities? My family has fun participating in these.
Treasure Hunt card on boarding day. Go to all the venues and get it stamped. Turn it in. There is a drawing for lots of stuff, some good, some not so good. There could be a dinner as one of the Treasure hunt drawing prizes.
Trivia. 6 people/team. If your team wins you will get small prizes, not valuable, but fun to win. Trivia is held twice a day.
Most Cruise Director staff activities have some inexpensive prizes.
Have never seen free excursions.
If they have a mixed drink contest called Bar Wars, and if you are selected as one of the participants, then you get to keep the drink you mix. This is a pool side game.
Montreal
389 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by KevintheIrishDJ
If you use a TA, you will get a coupon book with a BOGO for the Crown Grill on Embarkation night only. Whatever you do, don't drink the free "champagne".
FWIW, our last few TA-supplied Coupon Books did not restrict us to the CG, the Embarkation Day 2 for 1 coupon was good for any of the ship's multitude of speciality restaurants.
14,007 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
There are very few raffles on Princess like they have on Carnival. There might be one for a piece of jewelry, a spa giveaway (where they will try to get you to buy something anyway) and there's the scavenger hunt but that's about all. Princess isn't so much into these types of give-aways.

Check the Patter for activities like trivia, golf putting, ping pong tournament, napkin folding, etc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Completed Cruises so far - Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer
Upcoming Cruises:
6 Booked

2 In the works
Scarborough ON Canada
4,192 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
On our cruise, the Effy shop (jewelry) gave away a small free necklace one evening if you came in wearing pink. I think they were also giving away glasses of pink champagne.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Patricia (Trisha to my friends and family) cruiseforfood.com
Disney:
Magic 10-30-2010
Dream 10-30-2011 & 11-03-2011
Magic 4-30-2012
Fantasy 10-26-2013
Magic 11-15-2015
Carnival:
Dream 3-12-2011 & 3-19-2011
Miracle 8-26-2011
Dream 10-27-2012
Pride 03-15-2015
Pride 01-17-2016 & 01-28-2016
Pride 07-10-2016
Pride 08-21-2016
Sunshine 05-29-2017
Pride 01-07-2018
Royal:
Explorer of the Seas 2-24-2013
Explorer of the Seas 2-23-2014
Navigator of the Sea 11-10-2015
Freedom of the Seas 02-12-2017
Celebrity:
Summit 06-01-2014
Equinox 11-21-2014
Summit 08-30-3015
Summit 02-18-2017

Princess:
Caribbean Princess 11-20-2017

Future Cruises:
Adventure of the Seas 05-18-2018 (7 nights) A Cheap getaway
Caribbean Princess 11-25-2018 (14 nights) Circle Caribbean
Caribbean Princess 12-10-2018 (10 nights) Partial Panama Canal
Caribbean Princess 12-19-2018 (14 nights) Circle Caribbean
Celebrity Infinity 01-05-2019 (5 nights) Because we're already in Florida
Carnival Sunshine 01-12-2019 (13 nights) Journey Cruise
Disney Fantasy 01-26-2019 (7 nights) Stars Wars at Sea
Disney Magic 02-03-2019 (5 nights) Marvel Day at Sea
Chico, California
11,744 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by neverbeenhere

Please don't take posts by this particular person seriously. Note the location given is "Land of Bad Comedy". Rather than taking the posts with "a grain of salt" substitute "a huge block of salt' instead.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Chico, California
11,744 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by meatloafsfan
On our cruise, the Effy shop (jewelry) gave away a small free necklace one evening if you came in wearing pink. I think they were also giving away glasses of pink champagne.
Yep. Effy had quite a few "events" on our last couple of cruises. Free champagne and I think a drawing for a prize. We never attended as we have no interest in the Effy jewelry or in their champagne. I believe the events were fairly well attended.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

United States
44 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Thank you all! bar Wars sounds similar to the event on Carnival. I won, got the drink I mixed(which made 2), and 5 free drink tickets! My parents won champagne, chocolate strawberries and priority seating for newlywed game, and dh won wine and dinner for 2! We made out like bandits! Guess I'll lower expectations for Princess.
Raleigh, N.C.
13,622 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by Thrak
Yep. Effy had quite a few "events" on our last couple of cruises. Free champagne and I think a drawing for a prize. We never attended as we have no interest in the Effy jewelry or in their champagne. I believe the events were fairly well attended.
We went once to the Effy drawing. It's cheap champagne. They dragged out the drawing--pulling one winner then saying they'd do another drawing in 15 minutes. We left.
League City, TX
42,369 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by geoherb
We went once to the Effy drawing. It's cheap champagne. They dragged out the drawing--pulling one winner then saying they'd do another drawing in 15 minutes. We left.
It is definitely not cheap Champagne.
It is cheap sparkling wine.