Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:27 AM.
pennsylvania
88 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
I just finished a cruise on Ruby, We had a balcony Caribe deck. I’d want to book the Sky , but not sure if I should stay with Caribe or go higher . Any advice , pros and cons are appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ALASKA Princess Ruby 6/30/18
League City, TX
41,839 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Just be aware that on the Sky the Caribe balconies are the same size as on every other deck while on the Ruby the Caribe balconies are larger than on other decks.
London, UK
575 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Originally posted by caribill
Just be aware that on the Sky the Caribe balconies are the same size as on every other deck while on the Ruby the Caribe balconies are larger than on other decks.
Yes good point. And you would have to go down to Dolphin deck to get the equivalent deeper balconies on Sky Princess - D701-D710, D226, D227 Balcony. D145-D225, D711-D725 Premium Deluxe Balcony
Raleigh, N.C.
13,374 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
We were assigned a guarantee on the Caribe Deck for our upcoming Royal Princess cruise, and I requested a change to a Riviera Deck cabin. I thought it would be more convenient to be able to walk up stairs just a couple of flights to the Lido. We're still above and beneath other passenger cabin decks, so we should not have too much noise from below or above.
pennsylvania
88 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by dides
Yes good point. And you would have to go down to Dolphin deck to get the equivalent deeper balconies on Sky Princess - D701-D710, D226, D227 Balcony. D145-D225, D711-D725 Premium Deluxe Balcony
Would it be better to go to a higher deck or lower deck? No sure what the difference would be as far as scenery or movement in the ship etc.....?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SoCal/Maui No Ka Oi
20,042 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by dkitty
Would it be better to go to a higher deck or lower deck? No sure what the difference would be as far as scenery or movement in the ship etc.....?
The most stable location is on lower deck midship cabins. My wife is susceptible to motion sickness & aft would be her next choice.

It’s been our experience that prices for the same type of cabin generally follow that order...most expensive midship, then aft & lowest forward due to movement.
pennsylvania
88 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Astro Flyer
The most stable location is on lower deck midship cabins. My wife is susceptible to motion sickness & aft would be her next choice.

It’s been our experience that prices for the same type of cabin generally follow that order...most expensive midship, then aft & lowest forward due to movement.
Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature