New Cunard Drink Package

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:13 AM.
Cambridge
59 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
I would appreciate the chance even to purchase said package, as you can with Royal Caribbean (not that I have sailed with them but from looking online for a future cruise).

I used the soda package last time which was great value and will do on my upcoming transatlantic but the chance to pay a set amount and not have to keep track would be nice. It isn't just for the alcoholic beverages but for the coffees, mocktails, fresh juices and bottled mixers. They all add up at the end of the day!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
London, Florida, Vermont
22 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
We're American and saw the Cunard "Big Balcony Offer" of free drinks and assumed it automatically applied. We booked through a So African travel agent who never mentioned anything either way. Now I have asked and I am dismayed that we are offered nothing. Any suggestions?
USA
214 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
The "free drinks" offer is, to my knowledge, only offered to the U.S. market and would have to be booked with a U.S. based agency or on the Cunard U.S. website for passengers with a U.S. address. Additionally, it's been offered as a short term booking incentive and not something that's always out there. Finally, it has only been for those booking Grill accommodation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FRANCE-RAFFAELLO-LEONARDO DA VINCI-STEFAN BATORY-QUEEN ELIZABETH 2-CANBERRA-UGANDA-GUGLIELMO MARCONI-EUROPA-CENTAUR-VISTAFJORD-BALTIKA-ORIANA-ACHILLE LAURO-OCEANIC-BRITANIS-AKDENIZ-ROTTERDAM-ST. HELENA-EUGENIO C.-BLACK PRINCE-BLACK WATCH-R7-PILGRIM BELLE-REGAL EMPRESS-VICTORIA-REGATTA-MAASDAM-CARONIA-QUEEN MARY 2-EURODAM-NIEUW AMSTERDAM-MARINA-RIVIERA-QUEEN ELIZABETH
London, Florida, Vermont
22 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Forgot to mention, we are in Queen's Grill and have a US address, billing address, and used a US credit card, but a South African travel agent. Also Cunard online ad only said it had to be booked by July 31st, 2018. Not happy.
USA
214 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
I suspect it's owing to being booked outside the U.S. As so often discussed here, Cunard like most lines is very much into market driven pricing and it's where you live and where you book that determines what you pay and what deals you get.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FRANCE-RAFFAELLO-LEONARDO DA VINCI-STEFAN BATORY-QUEEN ELIZABETH 2-CANBERRA-UGANDA-GUGLIELMO MARCONI-EUROPA-CENTAUR-VISTAFJORD-BALTIKA-ORIANA-ACHILLE LAURO-OCEANIC-BRITANIS-AKDENIZ-ROTTERDAM-ST. HELENA-EUGENIO C.-BLACK PRINCE-BLACK WATCH-R7-PILGRIM BELLE-REGAL EMPRESS-VICTORIA-REGATTA-MAASDAM-CARONIA-QUEEN MARY 2-EURODAM-NIEUW AMSTERDAM-MARINA-RIVIERA-QUEEN ELIZABETH