P&O drinks prices and packages

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:12 AM.
West Country, UK
4,414 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/li...ard/drink_cost
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Sharon

Cruise Photos:
https://photos.google.com/albums
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharonsshiptravels/
Blog: http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.com/

Ships sailed on:
Vistafjord, Caronia, QE2, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth Maiden Voyage, Aurora, Arcadia, Oriana, Oceana, Artemis, Ventura, Balmoral, Braemar, Adonia, Discovery, Royal Princess (2013 ship), Nautica, MV Funchal, Zaandam, Saga Pearl, Anthem of the Seas, Norwegian Escape, Harmony of the Seas, Botel Holland, Filia Rheni II
Ships visited:
Independence of the Seas, Azura, Artania, Prinsendam, Maasdam, Crystal Symphony, Saga Sapphire, Marco Polo

To come:-
Oriana - Iceland & Greenland July 2018
Arcadia - USA & Canada Sept 2018

Arcadia World Cruise 2019
Denmark, Copenhagen
146 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Does P & O not have Beer & Drink package... ? Its looks like its only soft drink and wine packages?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 07/16/2016 aboard the Carnival Magic! Visit [url=http://www.carnival.com?
Surrey, UK
1,673 Posts
Joined May 2006
No, unfortunately they don't. It's as you say just soft drinks and wine. Although compared to the American Cruise lines the drink prices are very reasonable.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
37 Cruises - 20 Ships - 408 Nights at Sea
P&O (22): Old Arcadia, Arcadia, Aurora(2), Azura(4), Britannia(2),Oceana(2), Oriana(6), Ventura(4)
Celebrity (5): Summit, Solstice, Eclipse, Silhouette(2) Thomson (4): Island Breeze, Emerald(3)
Princess (2): Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess RCI (1): Radiance of the Seas
Holland America (1): Eurodam Premier Cruises (1): Rembrandt Sun Cruises(1): Sunbird
Denmark, Copenhagen
146 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Okay thanks... then i will choose RCCL , its important to me that everything is paid upfront. And I know that I don't get a bill after the cruise.

I think many would prefer a beverage package so they don't have to worry about that.

Thanks again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 07/16/2016 aboard the Carnival Magic! Visit [url=http://www.carnival.com?
Surrey, UK
1,673 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Krydstosser
Okay thanks... then i will choose RCCL , its important to me that everything is paid upfront. And I know that I don't get a bill after the cruise.

I think many would prefer a beverage package so they don't have to worry about that.

Thanks again!
I would prefer to have a drinks package but I'm not sure that many on the P&O forum would agree.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
37 Cruises - 20 Ships - 408 Nights at Sea
P&O (22): Old Arcadia, Arcadia, Aurora(2), Azura(4), Britannia(2),Oceana(2), Oriana(6), Ventura(4)
Celebrity (5): Summit, Solstice, Eclipse, Silhouette(2) Thomson (4): Island Breeze, Emerald(3)
Princess (2): Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess RCI (1): Radiance of the Seas
Holland America (1): Eurodam Premier Cruises (1): Rembrandt Sun Cruises(1): Sunbird
Hyde United Kingdom
529 Posts
Joined May 2011

Thanks again!
The drinks package on RCI works out much more expensive than paying as you go on P & O in my opinion........we like beer, wine and cocktails and gin and tonic lol
355 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by netchells
The drinks package on RCI works out much more expensive than paying as you go on P & O in my opinion........we like beer, wine and cocktails and gin and tonic lol
I agree.
ONTario-CAnada
2,982 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by netchells
We have watched fellow passengers all but ruin their cruise in an effort to consume as much alcohol as their pre purchased package allowed. We find that having cocktails, etc., only if and when we desire it is not only substantially less costly but better for the overall enjoyment of the cruise. Our first P&O cruise was notably absent of over indulgence and it's aftermath which is but one of the reason we wish to return.
Denmark, Copenhagen
146 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by ONT-CA
We have watched fellow passengers all but ruin their cruise in an effort to consume as much alcohol as their pre purchased package allowed. We find that having cocktails, etc., only if and when we desire it is not only substantially less costly but better for the overall enjoyment of the cruise. Our first P&O cruise was notably absent of over indulgence and it's aftermath which is but one of the reason we wish to return.
We have been on 4 RCCL, 1 Carnival, 1 NCL all with Drink packages and never seen this as a problem on those ships.... no drunk people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

ONTario-CAnada
2,982 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
We have been on 4 RCCL, 1 Carnival, 1 NCL all with Drink packages and never seen this as a problem on those ships.... no drunk people.
Even though we may be referring to a larger cruise experience, we have to ask, were your cruises departing from US ports?
194 Posts
Joined May 2010
I prefer to pay for my drinks, even if you get a free drinks package on RCCL the price is on the cruise if you have to pay for drink package you have to be a big drinker to get money’s worth, last yeR I think it was 69dollars a day, P&O drinks are a lot cheaper which I like
england
58 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
I would, P&O need to move into the modern era

Originally posted by bee-ess
I would prefer to have a drinks package but I'm not sure that many on the P&O forum would agree.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
20 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
I prefer not to have a drinks package. I enjoy a beer lunchtime, glass of wine with my evening meal with perhaps a cocktail before and a beer in the evening. I would never get value from a package. I also like that P&O don't have a package... I believe it encourages over indulgence and that can spoil it not only for themselves but also for others around them. Good on P&O for not giving in to pressure to introduce an alcohol package.
ONTario-CAnada
2,982 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Snaxmuppet
I prefer not to have a drinks package. I enjoy a beer lunchtime, glass of wine with my evening meal with perhaps a cocktail before and a beer in the evening. I would never get value from a package. I also like that P&O don't have a package... I believe it encourages over indulgence and that can spoil it not only for themselves but also for others around them. Good on P&O for not giving in to pressure to introduce an alcohol package.
Based on alcohol packages we have seen, one must over indulge in order to achieve value. An odd incentive that may well ruin a very costly cruise.
Warwickshire, England
1,755 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Its not just about booze, its soft drinks, fresh juices, coffees and mocktails. About 7 alcoholic drinks a day covers the cost with these included.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike

Aurora 2004 - Sun Princess 2005 -QE2 2006 - Oceana 2007 - Grand Princess 2007 - Oriana 2008 - QM2 2008 - Grand Princess 2009 - Voyager of the Seas 2009 - Oceana 2009 - Oriana 2010 - Star Princess 2011 - Grand Princess 2012 - Oceana 2012 - Grand princess 2012 (again) - Ruby Princess May 2013 - Ruby Princess October 2013 - Emerald Princess May 2014 - Grand Princess November 2014 - Anthem of the Seas June 2015 - Britannia Dec 2015 - Emerald Princess May 2016 - Britannia Dec 2016 - Oceana 2017 - Royal Princess June 2018 - Caribbean Princess October 2018
Nottinghamshire - UK
1,860 Posts
Joined Sep 2005

Thanks again!
For your P&O drinks package may I suggest that if pre payment is that important to you, then put the price of your 'package' into your onboard account and should you have any left over you can treat yourself . If you do go over your pre payment then the moral of the story is to get a package.

Just a thought ........
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Adventures
2018 Oceana Round Trip Caribbean
2017 Celebrity Constellation Israel/Med
2016 Marco Polo Dublin Weekender
2016 Independence of the Seas Transatlantic
2015 Carnival Sunshine Florida/Caribbean
2014 Royal Princess Copenhagen to New York
2014 Aurora Singapore to Southampton
2013 Ruby Princess Eastern Mediterranean
2013 Arcadia Norwegian Fjords
2013 Azura Transatlantic
2012 Adventure of the Seas Transatlantic
2012 Braemar British Isles
2012 Ryndam Caribbean
2011 Celebrity Eclipse Italian Mediterranean
2010 Sapphire Princess Sydney, South Pacific, Los Angeles
2010 Noordam Southern Caribbean
2009 Diamond Princess Far East/Alaska
2009 Sea Princess Grand Caribbean Islander
2008 Star Princess South America/Pacific
2007 Sea Princes Tropical Transatlantic
2006 QE2 Summer Retreat
2006 Sapphire Princess Taste of the Orient
2005 Oceana Iberian Interlude
2005 Adonia Panama & Mexican Riviera
2004 Oceana Mexican Magic
2003 Arcadia Brazilian Affair
2002 Sunbird Caribbean
2000 Superstar Gemini Straits of Malacca
1998 Carousel Caribbean cruise and stay
ONTario-CAnada
2,982 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Cruisiesusie05
For your P&O drinks package may I suggest that if pre payment is that important to you, then put the price of your 'package' into your onboard account and should you have any left over you can treat yourself . If you do go over your pre payment then the moral of the story is to get a package.
Just a thought ........
An excellent suggestion. Note that package plans on other lines require that each passenger in the cabin must have a duplicate package plan. This is to prevent sharing. But with the deposit plan you are drawing from the pooled account where sharing is it's purpose and savings a possible result.
In Canada such plans are referred to "Lay-Away" plans which considering the subject matter might be seen as apropos.
Nottinghamshire - UK
1,860 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Ifyoubuildit
So how much should you budget for - couple of beers, cocktail, couple of glasses of wine and night cap?
If you follow the link and scroll right down there is a very comprehensive price list from a few years ago ........
http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/698-po-cruises-alcohol-policy-drink-prices

Maybe someone can find a more up to date one, but not sure its changed that much ........ hopefully!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Adventures
2018 Oceana Round Trip Caribbean
2017 Celebrity Constellation Israel/Med
2016 Marco Polo Dublin Weekender
2016 Independence of the Seas Transatlantic
2015 Carnival Sunshine Florida/Caribbean
2014 Royal Princess Copenhagen to New York
2014 Aurora Singapore to Southampton
2013 Ruby Princess Eastern Mediterranean
2013 Arcadia Norwegian Fjords