P&O drinks prices and packages

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:39 PM.
32 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
At last someone who makes sense. Thanks for your post as it’s really helpful. My feeling was that people are treating alcohol, soft drinks and coffee etc as separate items when considering a drinks package and not linked like they are on Royal Caribbean etc. When you add the total cost it shows how much P&O are making from their customers
Sth Lanarkshire, Scotland
41 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
We've done a couple of "all inclusive" cruises with Princess and found that the drink packages were marginal in value. Being an American company each individual drink had an additional 20% added on whereas the drink package didn't. Being a whisky drinker I was able to sample a decent choice of Malt whisky and Bourban that I would probably not have tasted if I was paying for it individually. It also meant if there was a cocktail you didn't like simply order a different one. We also had speciality coffees and hot chocolate each day so over two weeks we probably were slightly out of pocket on the package but at least had the fun of trying different things.
Perhaps P&O need to look at this and offer drinks packages on top of basic pricing allowing their customers to select the correct deal for them depending on what they do or don't drink.
Warwickshire, England
1,724 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
The drinks package on Princess is
$68.99 per day with a 15% service charge included.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike

Aurora 2004 - Sun Princess 2005 -QE2 2006 - Oceana 2007 - Grand Princess 2007 - Oriana 2008 - QM2 2008 - Grand Princess 2009 - Voyager of the Seas 2009 - Oceana 2009 - Oriana 2010 - Star Princess 2011 - Grand Princess 2012 - Oceana 2012 - Grand princess 2012 (again) - Ruby Princess May 2013 - Ruby Princess October 2013 - Emerald Princess May 2014 - Grand Princess November 2014 - Anthem of the Seas June 2015 - Britannia Dec 2015 - Emerald Princess May 2016 - Britannia Dec 2016 - Oceana 2017 - Royal Princess June 2018
32 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
That’s my feeling too. I am not necessarily keen on all inclusive packages but more choice and mix and match packages is the norm elsewhere now. It’s about having the opportunity to sample drinks that perhaps not your normal tipple while still feeling that you are in control of your budget. My view is that this is more to do with P&O extracting every penny they can from customers rather than providing enhanced services to their guests
102 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
What nobody has mentioned, you are allowed to carry your own bottles on with P&O, only for your cabin use. Just finished NCL cruise and the beverage package is getting tighter, Hendricks not included now, however you can pay the difference after $15, also removed NZ savingion by the glass
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Malvern

2005 NCL DREAM
2006 NCL JEWEL
2010 COSTA ASH CLOUD
2012 RCL NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS
2013 RCL MARINER OF THE SEAS
2014 P&O OCEANA
2015 P&O OCEANA
2016 NCL EPIC
2017 NCL GEM
2017 NCL STAR
2018 NCL BREAKAWAY BALTIC
2019 NCL DAWN SOUTH CARIBBEAN
102 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
I’ve purchased wine in port and walked on.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Malvern

2005 NCL DREAM
2006 NCL JEWEL
2010 COSTA ASH CLOUD
2014 P&O OCEANA
2015 P&O OCEANA
2016 NCL EPIC
2017 NCL GEM
2017 NCL STAR
32 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Thanks. I am new to P&O and everything I have read , both from P&O and through Forums like this is that they do not allow wine to be brought on board after the initial port ( and that’s limited to a litre bottle each). The message is that they put alll hand luggage and bags through security checks and confiscate alcohol which you are given back on final exit?
102 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Your right, my apologies, they changed the allowances in 2017.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK Malvern

2005 NCL DREAM
2006 NCL JEWEL
2010 COSTA ASH CLOUD
2014 P&O OCEANA
2015 P&O OCEANA
2016 NCL EPIC
2017 NCL GEM
2017 NCL STAR
Yorkshire
493 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Can anyone point me in the direction of the latest bar menus with prices? I can find the menus on P&O's own site but unfortunately they are missing the prices.
Warwickshire, England
1,724 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Tom Baker
Can anyone point me in the direction of the latest bar menus with prices? I can find the menus on P&O's own site but unfortunately they are missing the prices.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike

Aurora 2004 - Sun Princess 2005 -QE2 2006 - Oceana 2007 - Grand Princess 2007 - Oriana 2008 - QM2 2008 - Grand Princess 2009 - Voyager of the Seas 2009 - Oceana 2009 - Oriana 2010 - Star Princess 2011 - Grand Princess 2012 - Oceana 2012 - Grand princess 2012 (again) - Ruby Princess May 2013 - Ruby Princess October 2013 - Emerald Princess May 2014 - Grand Princess November 2014 - Anthem of the Seas June 2015 - Britannia Dec 2015 - Emerald Princess May 2016 - Britannia Dec 2016 - Oceana 2017 - Royal Princess June 2018
16 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
I have read on facebook somewhere that they are trialing drinks packages on Azura next week. The person did a screenshot of the message from P & O not sure how true this is.
96 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
There is a discussion on this subject in the "Taking Alcohol on Board" thread, where you will see that people have been given conflicting information.
Nottingham, UK
213 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by Ifyoubuildit
Thanks. I am new to P&O and everything I have read , both from P&O and through Forums like this is that they do not allow wine to be brought on board after the initial port ( and that’s limited to a litre bottle each). The message is that they put alll hand luggage and bags through security checks and confiscate alcohol which you are given back on final exit?
Yes, that's right. 1L alcohol per person, we took Bacardi, for cabin use only. Anything you subsequently buy will be stored for collection at the end of your cruise.
2,870 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Originally posted by smj777
Yes, they give you a card with details of the unfinished wine, so if you present this to your wine waiter he can retrieve the bottle. You can also do this in a completely different restaurant on board, presemably the bottles are held in a central location.
if we know where we are dining the following night , we tell the wine waiter, and the wine is in that location the following night.
2,870 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
A drinks package being tried out on one one ship next week. It will be to purchase once you are onboard. One assumes Pando have a break even point as to how many they have to sell to make it financially worth it. Although all those posting on FB would like it being priced at about £25 pppd, I think they will price it nearer what the US lines charge. Pando will expect to make a profit on it, its a business. How many will take it up..well they are trying it on a big ship that probably has a younger age demographic. Whether they could sell the same % if it went fleet wide on the likes of Arcadia or Aurora remains to be seen. I wouldn't get excited until they decide after the trial what they will do about it.
At the moment its just 1 ltr per person on boarding. However others have posted on social media about taking more than that in hand and large luggage. Others have posted on social media about taking alcohol on board from ports of call, and not having it taken off them, others have had it taken. I think Pando are adopting a softly softly approach at the moment. They will know if increased amounts are being taken . If this increases , and they go down the path of packages fleetwide I think one could safely say they will not allow you to take any onboard.
Southampton, UK
5 Posts
Joined May 2018
Originally posted by Ifyoubuildit
So how much should you budget for - couple of beers, cocktail, couple of glasses of wine and night cap?
Not much more than £30 per day for the above on P& O. Pint of Fosters £4.10, Peroni £4.75, wine about £5, cocktails £6-7, have paid more on land.
cheshire
210 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
the trialled drinks package will be £39.95 per person and both in the cabin must take it.details are on the faq new drinks package trial

all
Originally posted by the english lady
A drinks package being tried out on one one ship next week. It will be to purchase once you are onboard. One assumes Pando have a break even point as to how many they have to sell to make it financially worth it. Although all those posting on FB would like it being priced at about £25 pppd, I think they will price it nearer what the US lines charge. Pando will expect to make a profit on it, its a business. How many will take it up..well they are trying it on a big ship that probably has a younger age demographic. Whether they could sell the same % if it went fleet wide on the likes of Arcadia or Aurora remains to be seen. I wouldn't get excited until they decide after the trial what they will do about it.
At the moment its just 1 ltr per person on boarding. However others have posted on social media about taking more than that in hand and large luggage. Others have posted on social media about taking alcohol on board from ports of call, and not having it taken off them, others have had it taken. I think Pando are adopting a softly softly approach at the moment. They will know if increased amounts are being taken . If this increases , and they go down the path of packages fleetwide I think one could safely say they will not allow you to take any onboard.
Sunderland England
8,739 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by cheznick
the trialled drinks package will be £39.95 per person and both in the cabin must take it.details are on the faq new drinks package trial

all
Wow bearing in mind how reasonable the bar prices are £39.95 pppd Is steep and they are taking RCCL idea that all adults in the cabin must take it.
That is an awesome number of drinks between you to even break even.
I wonder if they will have a £ limit per drink too like RC.