Eating in the Golden Lion Now in the Evening

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:32 PM.
essex uk and calabria italy
1,081 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
As I've said all along,it's always been free.The menu was pretty good with lamb shanks and sharing platters etc.I think it wasn't successful because half the ship poured in every night at quiz time.
Cumberland Plateau, TN
1,118 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
On last year's EB crossing we got to eat in Golden Lion only once. One of the problems was they change ship's clocks at noon so lunch is cut an hour short on most days. The first day we sat down during lunchtime and it took forever when a server came over and took the lunch items off the table. I said, "We're waiting to order lunch". She said, "Lunch just ended". I was pretty ticked off that we didn't get to eat because nobody came to take our order. A problem with Golden Lion is they use it as an entertainment venue. People grab tables at lunchtime to wait for Bingo. It's hard to get in for a beer at other times because the place is jammed with people playing trivia or taking part in some other activity. I realize now the reason nobody ever came to take our order is the are som many folks in there hanging out not wanting to eat or drink.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mississippi Queen-Mississippi
RSSC Mariner-Alaska
RSSC Navigator-San Juan
RSSC Voyager-FLL
HAL Oosterdam- Hawaii
HAL Maasdam - Montreal/Boston
Celebrity Silhouette - FLL

essex uk and calabria italy
1,081 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by hvsteve1
On last year's EB crossing we got to eat in Golden Lion only once. One of the problems was they change ship's clocks at noon so lunch is cut an hour short on most days. The first day we sat down during lunchtime and it took forever when a server came over and took the lunch items off the table. I said, "We're waiting to order lunch". She said, "Lunch just ended". I was pretty ticked off that we didn't get to eat because nobody came to take our order. A problem with Golden Lion is they use it as an entertainment venue. People grab tables at lunchtime to wait for Bingo. It's hard to get in for a beer at other times because the place is jammed with people playing trivia or taking part in some other activity. I realize now the reason nobody ever came to take our order is the are som many folks in there hanging out not wanting to eat or drink.
Spot on,it's totally disorganized.On the Princess pub lunch,you wait at the entrance and are allocated a table and served in order.Bingo and trivia can be held in the Queens room or elsewhere.It's the same in the evening.