Don't go on cruise without?

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:37 PM.
Co. Durham
95 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Blister plasters

Mini flameless candles (put a couple in the bathroom on a night and there is no need to put the light on)
Favorite bar of chocolate (I'm not a dessert lover but do love some chocolate)
Definitely books, there isn't any choice on the ship, either in the library or the shop. When I have read them I give them to the cabin steward, they have some bookshelves which the staff can pick from.
Magnifying glass to fix the small screws in glasses and small screwdrivers for same purpose.
UK
1,352 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
I've never found it useful to take the 'cruise essentials' that people talk about (check the New Cruisers forum!) such as highlighters, duct tape, over the wall shoe holder, extension cable, washing line, magnets etc. I took them on our first cruise then never used them.

However, if you plan on sunbathing then I find beach towel clips useful- you can get them around £1 for 4 on ebay. Cruise ships are windy!

But, when sharing a cabin- especially an interior with no window or balcony door to open- my number 1 essential is a bottle of VIPOO
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jan 2016 NCL Epic Canaries, Morocco and Madeira My review of our Epic First time cruise
Oct 2017- NCL Escape Western Caribbean
April 2018- MSC Meraviglia Italy, France and Spain
Oct 2018- Independence Of The Seas mini cruise Paris & Bruges
December 2018- Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Voyager
August 2019- P&O Britannia Norwegian Fjords
Dorset, UK
9,020 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by the english lady
You don't need to take a huge 4 way gang with all those plugs and leads..instead just take a 4 or 6 way usb hub. only take up 1 socket and we charge all of our stuff ok. takes up less space less weight..and you don't need all the plugs, just the leads for the items. I got our off of amazon..rav 4 I think. so impressed we use it at home all the time as well.
Thanks for that - definitely useful for phones, tablets etc but we have some items which aren't USB - both our cameras have battery chargers with 3 pin plugs also my hair tongs and with only one socket I think we would struggle without a 4 way.
UK
555 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by kruzseeka
Thanks for that - definitely useful for phones, tablets etc but we have some items which aren't USB - both our cameras have battery chargers with 3 pin plugs also my hair tongs and with only one socket I think we would struggle without a 4 way.
They are also a good idea if the usb socket is at the bottom of the plug. The sockets are too close to the table top.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Spirit of Discovery 02/20
Sapphire Princess 08/18
Oriana 04/20
Adonia 04/18 - cancelled by P&O
Aurora 05/17
Arcadia 05/16
Arcadia 08/15
Britannia 05/15
Adonia 05/14
Oriana 08/13
Aurora 09/12 - America & Canada
Aurora 05/12
Azura 08/2011
Ventura 04/2011
Azura 06/2010
Aurora 06/2008
99 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
- My Kindle (loaded with tons of stuff)
- Nail clippers. I hate it when my nails get above a certain length (being a bloke).
- Quality sliced cheese - since they took it off the room service breakfast menu.

I was also going to make a joke about taking a spare pair of underpants on cruises in excess of 7 days, in case something happend to my main pair. But I thought it might seem a tad tasteless and decided against it. This is P & O after all
Wirral, England
2,029 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
This thread reminds me of our younger days when the only holiday we could afford was under canvas. The one thing essential for a camping holiday then was always the matches - can have as much cooking equipment, tins and other food to cook with you, but no good at all without the matches, which were very easily forgotten!!

Anyone else have a similar holiday history