[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:00 AM.
Cheshire, UK
851 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by OzKiwiJJ
You don't even need to fill in the form, you can do it all through [email protected]
I used this on recent cruise. Email confirmation received later in day. Easy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life is like a book, if you don't travel, you only read the first page
Raleigh, N.C.
13,626 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by JF - retired RRT
You can use more than one FCD for a booking, but why would you? You are only "awarded" the OBC once, regardless of how many FCDs you use.
The only reason I could see to use more than one FCD per person would be if you had ones that were going to expire and you wanted to go ahead and use them against a cruise instead of having to wait for the refund check.
Lewisburg, Kentucky
134 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Vineyard View
From what I can find, there is no real advantage to booking future cruises while on board? The future cruise credits that you purchase are your winners without any real added incentives for actually booking? Is this accurate? Thank you
We usually just fill out the form for FFC when we're on a cruise. But in April on our Panama Canal cruise, we stopped in the future cruise line office to ask a question about a future cruise we had already booked and we were so glad we did. He not only got us a better cabin, but we got extra OBC and saved another 400.00 on our total cruise price. It seems that sometimes the future booking officers do have access to specials that are only for when you book on board.
Whidbey Island, WA
1,043 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by villauk
Thank you, both. I’ll purchase 4, one in each name (can I do this for the kids?), and then email my TA with the numbers whilst onboard .
FCDs are associated with a person's Captain's Circle Account and can only be applied to a future cruise booked for that person. FCDs can only be purchased by/for a person currently on the cruise on which they are purchased.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed!
USS Midway - '72-73 - Subic Bay Philippines (x9), Hong Kong, Singapore, Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
USS Ranger - '76 - Subic Bay Philippines (x3), Singapore, Perth Australia (Shellback)

USS Independence - '80 - South Atlantic, Cape of Good Hope, Mauritius, Indian Ocean, Gulf of Oman,(123 continuous sea days), Suez Canal, Mediterranean Sea, Straits of Gibraltar

USS Independence - '81 - Straits of Gibraltar - Mediterranean Sea, Naples Italy (x2), Straits of Gibraltar

Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 3/25/12 - Silver Anniversary Cruise
Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2/3/13 - Gayle's Birthday Cruise
Norewgian Pearl - Alaska 6/16/13 - 4 Generation Family Cruise
Golden Princess - West Coast Getaway 9/30/13
Star Princess - Hawaii 9/23/17

UPCOMING:
RubyPrincess - Northern California Coastal 9/20/18
uk
7,553 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by WVBill
FCDs are associated with a person's Captain's Circle Account and can only be applied to a future cruise booked for that person. FCDs can only be purchased by/for a person currently on the cruise on which they are purchased.
We will all be on the cruise .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Caribbean Princess - Colonial USA & Canada to Quebec - July 2019
Grand Princess - Alaska - August 2018
Eclipse - Southern Caribbean - December 2017
Reflection - Western Med - July 2017
Millennium - Hong Kong to Singapore - December 2016
Constellation - Venice to Rome - August 2016
Equinox - Istanbul to Barcelona - August 2015
Equinox - Ultimate Caribbean & Panama - April 2015
Independence - Northern Europe - Oct 2014
Infinity - Iceland & The Faroes - July 2014
Independence - Caribbean - April 2014
Silhouette - Eastern Caribbean - B2B - April 2014
Enchantment - Bahamas. - Aug 2013
Oasis - Western Caribbean - Aug 2013
Solstice - Oz & NZ - Dec 2012
Navigator - Eastern Med - Aug 2012
Brilliance - Norway - Jun 2012
Navigator - Eastern Med - Oct 2011
Caribbean Princess - New England - Aug 2011
Liberty - Med B2B - April 2011
Liberty - Med Western - April 2011
Constellation - Baltics - Aug 2010
Splendour - Med to Venice - April 2010
Radiance - Alaska - Aug 2009
Brilliance - Canaries & Morocco - April 2009
Navigator - Med - May 2008
Brilliance - Venice Med - Aug 2007
Laredo, TX
420 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Thank you, both. I’ll purchase 4, one in each name (can I do this for the kids?), and then email my TA with the numbers whilst onboard .
Last time I bought the FCC, my TA was informed of the purchase either by Princess or by their system. I didn't have to contact them.
When I booked my next cruise, they simply applied it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
San Mateo, California
5,933 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
From what I can find, there is no real advantage to booking future cruises while on board? The future cruise credits that you purchase are your winners without any real added incentives for actually booking? Is this accurate? Thank you
Depends, we have booked on board, launch cruise fares and gotten very generous on board credits, i.e., $500 on 10 Mexican cruise... would not get that obc if booked later.
2,264 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Well I thank you. I guess it is worth paying attention to after all! This is good Information!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Sea - San Juan-Amazon RT - Nov 2018
Grand Princess - SFO RT to Vancouver BC, Sept 2018
Viking Star - Bergen- Stockholm 2015
Viking Star - Barcelona-Bergen 2015
HAL Ryndam - Istanbul- Barcelona 2014
HAL Ryndam - Athens -Istanbul 2014
Viking Skadi - Amsterdam- Budapest 2013
Princess - Western Mediterranean - 2010
Princess Golden - Alaska - 2010
League City, TX
42,378 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
So, if we travel as a family of four and want to book a future cruise onboard, we are best booking 4 FCC at $100 each to use on a future cruise for 2 cabins - correct? If we just book the actual cruise we want to sail onboard, then we miss out on the extra OBC and still have to pay a higher deposit? Now if I want the current promotion, can I email my TA whilst on the cruise and get her to use the FCCs against my new booking?

Surely it would be simpler to book the sailing onboard I want and have it transferred to my TA by Princess at source - providing I still was awarded the extra OBC? Or am I missing something?
If you book onboard, it is the equivalent of purchasing a FCC and then immediately applying it to the cruise, so you will get the OBC and use the FCC as your deposit. At the time of booking on board you can ask that the booking be assigned to your TA or you can wait and have the transfer to your TA done after the cruise at your convenience (but before final payment). Please note that the offer of OBC is only for the first two passengers in a cabin.
League City, TX
42,378 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by 53sunset
We usually just fill out the form for FFC when we're on a cruise. But in April on our Panama Canal cruise, we stopped in the future cruise line office to ask a question about a future cruise we had already booked and we were so glad we did. He not only got us a better cabin, but we got extra OBC and saved another 400.00 on our total cruise price. It seems that sometimes the future booking officers do have access to specials that are only for when you book on board.
I suspect that the representative just knew of a current sale/promotion that you were not aware of and was able to switch you to that sale/promotion.
League City, TX
42,378 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Thanks everyone. Just to be sure I understand - only one FCC per person per cruise is allowed when booking another cruise, correct? Meaning if we bought 4 between the two of us, we would need to use them over 2 cruises?
If you wish, you can apply more than one FCC to a person for a cruise. However, OBC will only be given for the first one used for a person. If you use a second one, it will just be putting down an additional $100 towards your cruise fare.

In other words, there is no benefit for using more than one FCC/person unless you have them and know you will not be using them in the future and just want to get rid of them.
Virginia
837 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I have a cruise booked for August 2019. I will be cruising in September 2018. Can I buy 2 FCDs on the September cruise and have them applied to my 2019 cruise in order to get OBC?
Whidbey Island, WA
1,043 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by cruiserdru
I have a cruise booked for August 2019. I will be cruising in September 2018. Can I buy 2 FCDs on the September cruise and have them applied to my 2019 cruise in order to get OBC?
Yes - I did exactly that on a cruise last October for my cruise coming up this September.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed!
USS Midway - '72-73 - Subic Bay Philippines (x9), Hong Kong, Singapore, Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
USS Ranger - '76 - Subic Bay Philippines (x3), Singapore, Perth Australia (Shellback)

USS Independence - '80 - South Atlantic, Cape of Good Hope, Mauritius, Indian Ocean, Gulf of Oman,(123 continuous sea days), Suez Canal, Mediterranean Sea, Straits of Gibraltar

USS Independence - '81 - Straits of Gibraltar - Mediterranean Sea, Naples Italy (x2), Straits of Gibraltar

Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 3/25/12 - Silver Anniversary Cruise
Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2/3/13 - Gayle's Birthday Cruise
Norewgian Pearl - Alaska 6/16/13 - 4 Generation Family Cruise
Golden Princess - West Coast Getaway 9/30/13
Star Princess - Hawaii 9/23/17

UPCOMING:
RubyPrincess - Northern California Coastal 9/20/18
Preston UK
2,255 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by WVBill
Yes - I did exactly that on a cruise last October for my cruise coming up this September.
Are you sure? Had you actually booked and paid a deposit for your Future September cruise when you bought the FCDs.

I read the op as having ALREADY BOOKED and if I book NOW for a July 2019 cruise I can get an OBC offer that runs off at the end of August and I dont sail until September 18 to get the FCD.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golden Princess Sept 23 2018 LA - Sydney

Oceania MarinaValparaiso to Papeete, 3-21 Jan 2019

Previous
P&O AZURA -Scotland Ireland Iceland 14 Days 30/6/18
MSC Sinfonia 20April18 24Days Durban - Venice
Marella Discovery2-10Nov17 Tenerife to Montego Bay
Vision of the Seas 7 Sep 17 NY- Quebec
Thomson Celebration Malaga to Newcastle 7//5/17
P&O Oceana Southampton to Malta 27 March2017
MSC Poesia24Jan2017 Carib
Thomson Celebration 7Dec2016 Aqaba-Dubai
Legend of the Sea 19Oct16 HK-Brisbane
Emerald Princess 18 Aug16 Norway
HAL Oosterdaam 29May16 Med
Thomson Dream 16Feb16 Carib

HAL Vandaam 6 Dec15 Cape Horn
Carnival Aug30 15 Alaska
HAL Oosterdaam Mar 15 Sydney- Fiji
P&O Ventura 31 Jan15 Carib
Fred Olsen Nov14 Canaries ( Senegal off)
Hurtigruten Nov13 N lights
Viking Lomonosov Kiev - Odessa April 13

[b]

Preston UK
2,255 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
We will all be on the cruise .
Hi Just to check something - You are in the UK? but IIRC I have read other posts where you say you book via a US TA to escape the mugging we get booking in the UK.
I asked a few questions on FCDs and one thing that came up was that you MUST ask for the FCD in the currency that you want to book your future cruise in.

eg if I had booked next cruise in USD then my FCD would default to 100 USD and Cr Card would be debited with 100 USD.

If I then booked my future cruise in GBP I dont think the 100USD FCD can be used.

If you do use both you might want to check that out.
West coast- Concord
1,364 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
While on my upcoming 2018 cruise I plan to purchase 2 FCC ( for hubby and me) receive OBC, then book a cruise. What if a month later I have to change the date of that cruise because we are coordinating with another couple, do I still keep my OBC and will the FCC be moved for the deposit be moved to the new booking?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Cruises

Island Princess 2015 Panama Canal
Star Princess 2012 Hawaii
Sea Princess 2010 Mexico
Star Princess 2009 Mexico
Grand Princess 2007 Colonial
Coral Princess 2005 Panama Canal
Regal Princess 2002 Alaska
Syracuse New York
2,970 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
I listed my cruise planner's name the first time I did FCC. So she also got a copy of my FCC's numbers. So now when I purchase the FCC on board her name pops up automatically. So we both get the numbers.
Sali
Palm City, Fl
4,856 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by twocats
What if a month later I have to change the date of that cruise because we are coordinating with another couple, do I still keep my OBC and will the FCC be moved for the deposit be moved to the new booking?
Yes, and yes UNLESS your original booking was under a non-refundable deposit. If you have to cancel a non-refundable booking, everything goes bye-bye, including your FCD.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)

Crown Princess 2018 (Western Caribbean)
HAL Zuiderdam 2018 (Partial Canal)
Royal Princess 2018 (Quebec to Ft Lauderdale)
West coast- Concord
1,364 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Thank you, I actually don't think I would do a nonrefundable cruise anytime.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Cruises

Island Princess 2015 Panama Canal
Star Princess 2012 Hawaii
Sea Princess 2010 Mexico
Star Princess 2009 Mexico
Grand Princess 2007 Colonial
Coral Princess 2005 Panama Canal
Regal Princess 2002 Alaska