What's the best dining room on Sapphire Princess for anytime dining?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:25 PM.
Poole, Dorset, UK
27 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
I understand that when on Anytime dining on Sapphire, there are a number of different restaurants you can use. I was just wondering if there is a preferred dining room that people tend to use for better service etc although I know it's the same menu in each.
The reason why I ask is that when I previously sailed on Celebrity Eclipse, I was advised to use the left hand entrance so you were seated on the left as the service was better...after trying both sides this certainly was true & the service was wonderful.
Aliso Viejo, CA
42,424 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Any of the four Anytime dining rooms.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Pam Email (to be my friend on Facebook, email me. ) PLEASE identify yourself with your Cruise Critic name.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:
Regal Princess: 11/1/18 10-day NY > FLL
Royal Princess: 4/27/19 Mexican Riviera
Royal Princess: 5/4/19 CA Coastal LA > Vancouver
Sky Princess: 11/17/19 Barcelona to FLL
Manchester UK
1,202 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
We were on the Sapphire in May - the service was equally good in each dining room.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING:
Caribbean Princess, Caribbean, November 2018; Caribbean Princess, Canada, October 2019; Caribbean Princess, Caribbean, November 2019

CRUISED:
2004 Nile Cruise, 2007 Pride of America, Hawaii. 2008 Majesty of the Seas, Bahamas. 2008 Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean. 2008 Mariner of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean. 2008 Mariner of the Seas, Western Caribbean. 2009 Noordam, Eastern Mediterranean. 2009 Noordam, Western Mediterranean. 2009 Costa Serena, Eastern Mediterranean. 2010 Costa Luminosa, Dubai and Emirates. 2010 Zuiderdam, Panama Canal. 2011 Caribbean Princess, Southern Caribbean. 2011 Caribbean Princess, Western Caribbean. 2011 Yangtse River Cruise. 2011 Nieuw Amsterdam, Eastern Caribbean. 2011 Nieuw Amsterdam, Western Caribbean. 2012 Star Princess, South America. 2012 Nieuw Amsterdam, Eastern Mediterranean. 2012 Ruby Princess, Transatlantic. 2013 Celebrity Solstice, Australia/NZ. 2013 Celebrity Solstice, NZ/Australia. 2013 Crown Princess, Norwegian Fjords. 2013 Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean. 2013 Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean. 2014 Amsterdam, Alaska. 2014 Diamond Princess, Japan. 2015 Volendam, Far East. 2015 Royal Princess, Eastern Caribbean. 2015 Royal Princess, Southern Caribbean. 2016 Royal Princess, Mediterranean. 2016 Emerald Princess, Baltic. 2016 Volendam, Indonesia. 2017 Crown Princess, Transatlantic. Caribbean Princess, Caribbean, 2018. Caribbean Princess, Panama Canal, 2018. Sapphire Princess, France/Spain, 2018.
Poole, Dorset, UK
27 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Thank you to both Pam in CA & Omega1 and that's good to know, I'll give them all a try
Denver
274 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
We do love the MDR on Princess, no matter the ship. On Sapphire, they all had equally great service and food. One was not better than the other. Except for the one time we were seated in CC class in the Santa Fe Room. The service there was exceptional. But then....you pay for it with Club Class. We were only seated there for Anytime because all the other dining rooms had a wait, and for some reason the dedicated CC Dining Room did not.
Cambs, England
298 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by Bently57
We do love the MDR on Princess, no matter the ship. On Sapphire, they all had equally great service and food. One was not better than the other. Except for the one time we were seated in CC class in the Santa Fe Room. The service there was exceptional. But then....you pay for it with Club Class. We were only seated there for Anytime because all the other dining rooms had a wait, and for some reason the dedicated CC Dining Room did not.

Only a proportion of Santa Fe is club class. The remainder is Anytime. At least that is how it was in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Kawerau NZ
6,769 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
We found the main problem with Anytime Dining was trying to get a 2 top immediately on arrival no matter what time we arrived.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Pom by Birth; Coin-Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice; Canuck by Family Ties.

Contact at "casofilia @ xtra . co . nz" (Miss out the gaps)

Previous Cruises:-
#1 Sep 13 Alaska Sapphire Princess
#2 Mar 14 Hawai'i PoA
#3,4,5 Oct 14 Vancouver-Panama-Miami-Bahamas Pearl
#6,7 May 15 Norway & Baltic Star
#8,9 Sep 15 Quebec-Boston-Quebec Dawn
#10,11 Mar 16 Buenos Aires-San Francisco Sun
#12,13 Oct 16 Rome-Singapore Star

#14 Jun 17 Round Britain Caribbean Princess
#15 Jul 17 Dover-New York Sea Princess (Via North Norway & Iceland)
#16 Sep 17 Honolulu-Pape'ete Jewel
#17 Oct 17 Pape'ete-Sydney Jewel

April 18 Yokohama-Shanghai Jewel
April 18 Shanghai-Yokohama Jewel
May 18 Yokohama-Seattle Jewel
Sep 18 Round Australia Sea Princess
26,657 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Gettingwarmer
Only a proportion of Santa Fe is club class. The remainder is Anytime. At least that is how it was in May.

I just returned. While I never tried to go to Santa Fe, it was marked in the Patter for Club Class.

I went to both Pacific Moon and Savoy. They seemed identical to me. I liked the host "Sharon" in Pacific Moon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
Denver
274 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by Gettingwarmer

On June 16th it was ONLY Club Class. I guess if they don't have enough CC they open it up to Anytime.
Seattle, WA
2,031 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Disclaimer: I haven't been on Sapphire since 2012, and I'm sure a lot has changed. I'm going to write this comment in present tense (so much easier that way), but it is past knowledge and may not be current. Still, I think it's worth knowing.

As we learned near the end of our 7-day cruise, each midship MDR has a theme. To go with that theme, each midship MDR has a "signature dish" that goes with that theme. It's not on the menu, so you have to ask what it is. It "never" changes, and is offered every night, but can ONLY be obtained in that MDR. Aside from that, the menu is the same in all four midship MDRs (and the 6/aft MDR which is TD only).

The same applied to the Diamond Princess, at least back in 2012. If that still applies, your best bet is to visit each MDR and ask what their dish is, then vote amongst your group for which one sounds best (or develop a rotation to try, etc.). These two ships had their midship MDRs subdivided into what I call "two half-width MDRs", so there are five MDRs but (about) the same square footage exists compared to the Grand-class ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up next: nothing booked.

See our cruise photos at http://photos.templin.org/cruises/

Prior:
Alaska (Seattle RT) Emerald Princess 9/16/17-9/23/17
Repositioning Ruby Princess (VAN-SEA) 5/5/17-5/6/17
Mexican Riviera (LA RT) Ruby Princess 2/11/17-2/18/17
Repositioning Crown Princess (SEA-VAN) 9/19/15-9/20/15
Alaska (Seattle RT) Ruby Princess 8/9/15-8/16/15
Alaska Sampler (YVR-KTN-SEA) Ruby Princess 4/29/15-5/3/15
Alaska (Seattle RT) Grand Princess 7/20-27/14
Alaska Northbound Sapphire Princess 8/11-18/12
Alaska Northbound Coral Princess 9/4-11/10
26,657 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by peety3
Disclaimer: I haven't been on Sapphire since 2012, and I'm sure a lot has changed. I'm going to write this comment in present tense (so much easier that way), but it is past knowledge and may not be current. Still, I think it's worth knowing.

As we learned near the end of our 7-day cruise, each midship MDR has a theme. To go with that theme, each midship MDR has a "signature dish" that goes with that theme. It's not on the menu, so you have to ask what it is. It "never" changes, and is offered every night, but can ONLY be obtained in that MDR. Aside from that, the menu is the same in all four midship MDRs (and the 6/aft MDR which is TD only).
Just off the Sapphire. They no longer have the signature dish. I asked about it and the answer was - "we still have the pork chop but nothing else". It went away when the ship was chartered in China.

I have sailed many times on the Sapphire so I was familiar with the 4 different dishes (though they were available in any of the dining rooms as they shared the same kitchen).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me