Magen's Bay, Emerald or Secrer Harbour Beach for the afternoon

Hi,

I know there is a lot of information about this already but I am still debating between these 3 beaches and would like the most recent information/advice.

My 70 year-old mother and me will be there on Saturday April 14, the ship is port from 1h30 to 10pm, so this will be for an afternoon beach break. Pretty sure we are docking at Havensight.

I have been to Magen's Bay but it was 8 years ago. My mom hasn't, she has seen in it from the view point and went to Emerald about 5 years ago.

Looking for easy to access beach by open-air taxi, preferred a quiet/relaxing vibe to party one, would like to rent chairs and unbrella. Bar and snack food would be great would be great to but not a must. My mom is not as solid on her feet than she used to due to some health issues but she loves to walk on a beach, so a beach that is easy to walk on (flat, nice sand that you don't keep sunking in to) with gradual entry in the water would be best.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice. :)

I think Magens is your best bet. Secret Harbor would invoke a little more walking and is a smaller beach. Emerald is on a nice beach but imho doesn’t have as nice a view.

Magens has easy access, is a Long Beach by island standards, and has food and rental chairs

Emerald really wasn't good when we were there 3 weeks ago. It was so crowded there was hardly a space to put your towel, there were no umbrellas or chairs left for rent. I would also mention the hurricane damage is quite noticeable at Emerald, I understand the local people are doing their best to clear it up.

Emerald really wasn't good when we were there 3 weeks ago. It was so crowded there was hardly a space to put your towel, there were no umbrellas or chairs left for rent. I would also mention the hurricane damage is quite noticeable at Emerald, I understand the local people are doing their best to clear it up.

thanks for posting this. I was a little concerned about overcrowding here when I noticed that its a lot closer to Crown then Havensight. I have a morning excursion planned both times I am here in April so I will check it first and if it looks like a zoo, I will get a cab elsewhere.

I think Magens is your best bet. Secret Harbor would invoke a little more walking and is a smaller beach. Emerald is on a nice beach but imho doesn’t have as nice a view.

Magens has easy access, is a Long Beach by island standards, and has food and rental chairs

Thank you. I didn't know Secret Harbor involved a little walking. Really useful. ;) Given that my mom has never been to Magen's, we will go there.

Thanks for this. The last thing I want is a crowded beach. Also my mom has already been to Emerald so based on this I prefer that she remembers it like it was when she was there. This trip about her (likely to be her last one).

We will go to Magen's. We are the only ship in Port, so even if a lot of people end up there, it's big enough for us to find a spot. Thanks again. :)

thanks for posting this. I was a little concerned about overcrowding here when I noticed that its a lot closer to Crown then Havensight. I have a morning excursion planned both times I am here in April so I will check it first and if it looks like a zoo, I will get a cab elsewhere.

We were really disappointed, we only stayed an hour, then went back to the ship. The beach is also quite narrow, and not that easy to walk along due to the slope to the water.