What is the best beach in Aruba?

dolphfan

Palm Beach for sure!!!! So much to do! DePalma Pier, between the Riu and Radisson. Beautiful area. Took the local bus from the port. Super cheap and safe. Enjoy!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To those who have gone to Palm Beach on a bus, how hard was it to catch the bus?

The bus station is literally across the street from where the ship docks.

You can ask anyone and they can point you over there. Then you buy a pass for the day (super cheap) and they'll let you know which bus you need.

Locals are very friendly. Nice way to see some of the island, too!

Enjoy!!!!

• 8 months later...
The bus station is literally across the street from where the ship docks.

You can ask anyone and they can point you over there. Then you buy a pass for the day (super cheap) and they'll let you know which bus you need.

Locals are very friendly. Nice way to see some of the island, too!

Enjoy!!!!

Here is the info: http://arubus.com/

Thanks!

Gonna add some comments about the previous posts. Baby Beach (not our favorite spot) is hard to access since its far from town and in a rather remote area with no direct bus service (it is possible to get there by bus...but you would have to transfer). Palm Beach is certainly the most commercial and developed beach on the entire island, which can be a pro...but is also a big con for those of us who prefer not to be in such a commercial area. Eagle Beach (our personal favorite beach) is adjacent to the so-called "Low Rise" hotel area and is more laid back than Palm. Both beaches are comparable when it comes to the sand, water, beauty, etc. For snorkelers (with their own equipment) we recommend Arashi Beach (this is past Palm Beach near the Lighthouse entrance road) where there are now some facilities (this has happened in the past 2 years). Just keep in mind that snorkeling from Arashi involves swimming some distance from the beach (easy if you have decent fins and moderate skill).

Hank

• 3 weeks later...
Which beach, Palm or Eagle, would have more areas to rent a chair and sit in the shade?

Palm certainly has more commercial providers...than Eagle. As to shade, its a matter of renting a Palapa or umbrella.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

I know that Moomba doesn't have really good snorkeling but this is where our excursion is going. My daughter loves to snorkel and doesn't care if she sees a lot. Is there anything there in the way of snorkeling? I'm just wondering if it is worth schlepping the bag with all the snorkel gear or not.

I know that Moomba doesn't have really good snorkeling but this is where our excursion is going. My daughter loves to snorkel and doesn't care if she sees a lot. Is there anything there in the way of snorkeling? I'm just wondering if it is worth schlepping the bag with all the snorkel gear or not.

Don't bother taking the snorkeling bag. There isn't any snorkeling along Palm or Eagle Beaches. You would have to go to Arashi, Boca Catalina, or Baby Beach for snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it true that Eagle beaches sulf can be a lot rougher than Palm Beach. Looking for an easy access into the water and calm Caribbean type water. Trying to avoid rough surf and undertow. Would love a beach where we can just float on a raft.

Is it true that Eagle beaches sulf can be a lot rougher than Palm Beach. Looking for an easy access into the water and calm Caribbean type water. Trying to avoid rough surf and undertow. Would love a beach where we can just float on a raft.

oh a raft sure sounds good. I second that!! We'll be there the 22nd of this month.

Eagle Beach can be fairly rough at times. Some days are calm, but there's no predicting how it will be. We just spent two weeks at Eagle Beach and it was rougher than I'd seen it in years on most days. Palm Beach is calm, like a lake.

Not true, both are next to each other on the leeward side of the island. Unless there is a storm offshore bringing in some swells, it’s usually calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums