Jolly Pirates vs Depalm Tours snorkeling excursions

lukiecat

The Jolly Pirates and the Depalm tours Palm Pleasures Snorkeling Adventure both seem to have identical itineraries: 9 am to 1 pm, 3 snorkeling stops (one of which is over the shipwreck), lunch and open bar. Both have excellent ratings on Trip Advisor.

Jolly Pirates charges $60 per person, but Depalm charges $89 per person. Is there a reason for that? Am I missing something? Is there any reason I shouldn't do the less expensive tour?

• 1 month later...

We did Jolly Pirates last week and loved it. Our group consisted of 4 adults and 8 kids between ages 7 and 17. Everyone loved the excursion. The crew was amazing and the ship was so fun. We loved the snorkeling, dancing, music, lunch and best of all the pirate rope swing. I recommend this tour to everyone! Then after we hung out at their beach bar having drinks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did the Jolly Roger in Aruba. It was a blast!!! Our group of 8 consisted of ages 7-74 and everyone had a great time. The crew was awesome and made the trip so much fun. I have pictures of everyone with different crew members. I would highly recommend this tour! My favorite pictures from our cruise were my son swinging from the rope swing into the clear, turquoise water.

There were a lot of people on the boat. If I had to guess I would guess 40 or 50. It wasn't overcrowded though. There was plenty of room for everyone and it was a lot of fun. The rum punch was free but we were not on the boat long enough for people to get crazy. The only issue we had was that they gave my 17-year-old son a non-alcoholic rum punch and it had rum in it. He took a sip and gagged. I don't drink but he asked me to taste it and it did have rum in it. But in their defense, he is 6'2" and 185 pounds so he looks like an adult.

How many total people were on the ship? I've seen such crowds on excursions, a small group would be great.

If you are looking for something smaller, try Black Pearl or Tranquilo . Both are outstanding .

We did Jolly Pirates last week and loved it. Our group consisted of 4 adults and 8 kids between ages 7 and 17. Everyone loved the excursion. The crew was amazing and the ship was so fun. We loved the snorkeling, dancing, music, lunch and best of all the pirate rope swing. I recommend this tour to everyone! Then after we hung out at their beach bar having drinks.

I presume the name of the beach bar is Moomba’s?

Did they pick you up at the ship or did you have to find your own transportation?

As soon as you get off the ship, there is a bus station. I don't remember the name, but I think it was $5 to go to and from the beach (roundtrip). It was so easy and cheap. I would definitely recommend it.