Sailaway Beach and Snorkel Cruise - ARB8

Melbourne84

Hi there,

Can anyone offer any info on this excursion? We did Mi Dushi 5 hour tour in May 2016 and LOVED it. We'll be in Aruba on a Thursday in April and that tour is either not offered anymore or is sold out. The Sailaway Beach and Snorkel Cruise sounds similar, only instead o 3 dive sites, there 2 and a beach, and instead of onboard lunch they go to "Pelican Pier at famous Palm Beach". It sounds like it's at the restaurant Pelican Nest Grill. Just wondering if anyone's done this.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like the excursion we did. We did a B2B 21 day Journey cruise and Aruba was the second of 13 ports, so it's hard to remember. My husband hurt his back getting off the boat at the first snorkel stop and was out of commission for several days. I snorkeled and it was okay, but not like Bonaire. I seem to remember pulling up to a pier with a restaurant and stepping off the boat, being handed a napkin with silverware, a plate of food and sitting at a table. Someone came and got drink orders. When we were done eating, we walked off the pier. There were bathrooms, but the line was very long. We were told what loungers we could use and we hung out there and people watched. Our guide came and got us and led us to a bus that took us back to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Celebrity Reflection and we did this shore excursion in Aruba. It is a one way catamaran to Pelican Pier with 2 snorkel stops along the way. The catamaran portion was nice. Snorkeling mediocre. Lunch was a chicken leg, some ribs, a quarter ear of corn, some macaroni salad and baked beans. It was served on paper plates with plastic silverware. It was not a stellar lunch. It wasn't the worst shore excursion I've done, but it was disappointing.