Vegetarian Menu- MDR Queen Vic

Vera123

We are due to sail on the Queen Victoria in May and I have been perusing the sample menus on Cunard's website.

My question is about the Vegetarian menu shown there. It says 24 hour's notice required.

So my OH is veggie and usually just goes with the veggie option on the MDR dinner menu, usually just one main course choice. If he wanted to order from the Vegetarian menu, would he just ask the servers to order his choice for the following evening? thanks

Yes just order what you fancy in advance, but always at least Two veggi choices sometimes Three these days thank goodness on the main menu which is what we have all been shouting for long and hard! I don't no why anyone would eat meat in any case,kind of backwoodsman thinking these days. Vegie sausages available on QV breakfast room service too so enjoy! We are campaigning for a fully fruitarian menu to be rolled out across the fleet! after next years Vegan rollout across all the ships.

The stand alone vegetarian menu has some very nice dishes, but it never changes, nor has it done so for a long time. This can be somewhat boring on longer trips, although there is always a veggie choice on the daily menu, and sometimes, though not always, more than one. The vegetarian curries are particularly good.

I manage very well but we do enjoy Coriander for more choice.

We are due to sail on the Queen Victoria in May and I have been perusing the sample menus on Cunard's website.

My question is about the Vegetarian menu shown there. It says 24 hour's notice required.

So my OH is veggie and usually just goes with the veggie option on the MDR dinner menu, usually just one main course choice. If he wanted to order from the Vegetarian menu, would he just ask the servers to order his choice for the following evening? thanks

Just make your requirements known with your 'Station Head Waiter' on the 'first evening', don't waste time discussing this with your table waiter ( however nice they may be ;) ) Your table head waiter will visit your table 'every evening' with vegetarian suggestions and a menu for the following evening .

All guests with special diets are certainly taken well care of, whatever category of restaurant they are dining in.