Sydney, Nova Scotia

mailmama

kccrzr, it would be great if you could report back on your experience with Budget as I have read no reviews. Have a wonderful day.

Not the Op, but we used Budget in Sydney with no problems. They picked us up and returned us to the port afterwards.

Are there any tour companies in Sydney that do tours of Baddeck and the Bell Museum.

I would think that this would be one of those tours where you are paying for the transportation, not for an actual tour. The drive to Baddeck is beautiful, but I can't imagine that a guide would have much to tell you along the way. The Bell Museum requires no guide, so I would bet they drop you at the door and tell you when to get back on the bus.

You will save quite a bit by renting a car and driving yourself. Besides saving money, you'll be able to stay at the museum as long as you want. While the museum was okay in my eyes, I was ready to move on after about an hour. Also, there are numerous photo ops along the drive to Baddeck which you'll miss out on if you're on a bus.

We rented a car and drove to Cabot trail. Didn't have a time to spend in National Park itself only went to entrance in Ingonish, but drive is interesting by itself.

da7e592e2e763a5f891897b0c18a747d.jpg

9855ac54973e554cc2176eae56850736.jpg

5d1b60f05cc84c8bcfbd5fbeaa55113c.jpg

Some signs are in Gaelic

57993d97c6cebbbb46cbb6bf7e80157e.jpg

53daafc402f28c782ddf36bb20d05511.jpg

00988d2c47db25f487b40780d74aad2f.jpg

We went in early May and rented a car from Enterprise (highly recommended) and drove to Glace Bay to the Miner's Museum, then went and bought lobster at the dock, they boiled it for us and we devoured a lobster that was just hours ago walking along the ocean floor. It was delightful. I can't say enough good about the Miner's Museum and the retired miners that do the tours. Wonderful experience.

• 6 months later...

If anyone is interested in Fort Louisbourg , I received this information from them for the 2019 season:

Thank you for your interest in the Fortress of Louisbourg NHS.  Just to let you know that for the 2019 visitor season our Peak Season will end September 14, 2019 so upon your arrival you will still be in our Peak Season.  This means that our summer programs will be the same till mid September.  Our costumed staff will be available as well.  If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.  Thanks

On 3/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, m and m's said:

If anyone is interested in Fort Louisbourg , I received this information from them for the 2019 season:

Thank you for your interest in the Fortress of Louisbourg NHS.  Just to let you know that for the 2019 visitor season our Peak Season will end September 14, 2019 so upon your arrival you will still be in our Peak Season.  This means that our summer programs will be the same till mid September.  Our costumed staff will be available as well.  If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.  Thanks

Thanks for this information!  We'll be there on September 7, and it looked from their 2018 schedule that this would still be "Peak Season" in 2019, but it's good to have this early confirmation.