LEGEND ALASKA July 31, 2018 Photo Review

CheckersMidwest

Thank you for the input. I personally have cruised Alaska many times on many different cruiselines and itineraries. However I haven’t sailed with Carnival to Alaska before. I appreciate all the heads up regarding what they do onboard. We have approx 170 people with us so far so it is a bit group to prepare for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to see this review there are so few Alaska Carnival Legend reviews! We leave on Saturday and sail next Tuesday, were so excited there are 19 of us no kids all fairly old 50-60 adults, this will be our first alaska cruise for many including us. Thank you for all the information, looks like the table clothes have stayed for the Legend! LOL. we are doing the Glacier bay cruise 8 day. Thanks for the heads up about time I will warn our group.

What room did u have?

We boarded about 11:20 (I think). We had FTTF (4th time) and went straight to our cabin. Our luggage was there, so we unpacked real quick and went out to explore. I got a Reuban at the Deli and my husband went to Guys Burgers. We sat around the Lido until Muster Drill then back onto the Lido for Sail Away. The DJ played, Peter the Cruise Director spoke & joined in the line dances. We did about 3 then it was suddenly over. That was it. Much different than our Caribbean cruises.

We had a blacony cabin on deck 7. Great location. No noise from above and close to the elevators. We have a great PVP that I helped us pick the location.

enhance

enhance

Dinner was bumped to 5:30. We chose early seating. We dress up a little each night......my husband wears dress pants & a golf polo or shirt & tie, then a suit on elegant night. I wear 'work' capris, blouses, cardigan, sundresses, etc and then cocktail or blingy stuff on elegant night. My husband wears a paramedic uniform every day and I have to wear stuff I can get in the floor with preschoolers, etc. We enjoy 'dressing for dinner' when we go out. Our kids have always liked it too when they sail with us. (Or any vacation really). We are not offended by passengers who don't dress up.

enhance

We were seated at a 6 top. Yes, it had table cloths. The first night we were alone. Another couple joined us after that who had switched from the late seating. They were older, from Texas, and had taken a week or so to drive up. They went through Yellowstone, etc and had some places they wanted to go on the way home. Very interesting, nice people , and great dinner conversation. Our had waiter was Leroy from Jamaica and he & his team of 3 were great. They remembered my coke each night and always called us by name.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Hey

Doing the same cruise in 2019

Did you do a fly, snooze, cruise hotel package.

What hotel did you stay at?

How you get to pier, if cab how much was it to pier and back to the airport,

Any info will be greatly be appreciated

Thank you for the review. I will always have the best memories of our Legend Alaska trip from two years ago. It was the first cruise that I didn't write a review for, for the simple reason, that it is so beautiful, it is so different from Caribbean cruises, that it is hard to explain ...all I can say is go!

We went in September, it snowed coming down from the Yukon, we wore jackets every day, it rained in Juneau, and Glacier Bay was cold and crystal clear. Again, it just blew me away. Like the swiss alps on steroids. Just go!

Thank you for the review, it brought back great memories.

We stayed at the "Sleep Inn SeaTac". With tax, I think it was $165 per night. It was recently renovated and nice. There are a couple of pictures in the very beginning of this review. It included free breakfast. The shuttle will also take you to local restaurants, light rail, airport, etc. We had originally planned to stay downtown since we had a whole day to do stuff, but most of those hotels were over $300 per night. The taxi/uber has a set rate for anywhere in the 'downtown' area from the airport - $40 one way.

The Sleep Inn shuttle took us for free to the Light Rail Station. You buy your ticket at the kiosk, it's $6 per person for all day. We used that to go downtown & back.

We booked Shuttle Express for our pier transfer. It is $25 one way or $50 per person round trip. If you book the earliest shuttle (9:00 am) then it's cheaper. We took it one way as it was already sold out round trip by the time I decided to use it. With the 9:00 am shuttle, we were at the terminal checking our bags at 10:20. They picked us up in a charter bus, very prompt, right at 9:00 am. We made a couple other hotel pick ups and then straight to the terminal. It is about 45 minutes from the airport hotel zone to the pier/downtown by car and by light rail.

For the trip back to the airport afterwards, we took an Uber. Our flight wasn't until 5:00 pm so had plenty of time. If you use a taxi or Uber, you have to walk a LONG way with your luggage to the pick up point away from the pier. The port made a new drop off/pick up point trying to help traffic flow. We did it , and it was ok, but just know you have to drag all your stuff for quite a ways. The shuttle dropped us off right at the pier, so much easier.

• 3 weeks later...

In Victoria, we did the "rickshaw" tour. As you leave the ship, look for the signs that say "no tours, talk to us." I think we paid $80 pp CDN for about a 3 hour tour. Gardens (not the famous ones, but a pretty city park), historic homes and a quick tour of downtown. A quick stop for gifts, and back to the ship. Cash only, CC not accepted.

How was the food? I have been on 3 Carnival cruises and was always happy with the food. We are going in June and the couple we are going with are leaning toward Princess, but a lot of the reviews I read complained about the food being terrible. A few reviews I wouldn't think a lot about but there were more than just a few. Thanks