Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

How about a Belgian flax linen drape in a muted tone to complement the design of the cabins? Available at Pottery Barn in a variety of neutral colors!

Hmmm- wonder if there's such an item as an extra long shower curtain rod? Then those of us who want drapes could BYO!

The drape you suggest sounds perfect,

They do sell long tension rods for patio curtain but not sure that could be packed..

Starting to feel we need to pack some extras..curtains, gadgets to hang laundry, magnets...already ordered a hanging bathroom storage itemthat has a hanging hook...for extra cosmetics etc...

Maybe a small throw rug; and I will need to bring non cashmere sheets and blanket due to allergies,,

Modern Luxury Camping!

Chasmere sheets!! Sounds hot and wonder what they feel like.:confused: Wool itches me, even cashmere, so hope we can request regular cotton sheets.

Carole

Chasmere sheets!! Sounds hot and wonder what they feel like.:confused: Wool itches me, even cashmere, so hope we can request regular cotton sheets.

Carole

I have requests in with several Celeb Depts on this issue since it was announced..I am allergic to wool, silk, cashmere...

I get answers like you might not be, its the caterpillars/ worms not the sheets..really all sidestepping the issue...

I have requested a non cashmere mattress and sheets.. Time to follow up again..

My alt plan is a barrier mattress civer, my own sheets and blanket..

.Luckily no baggage limits but it still will be alot to bring with us..but better than having an allergic reaction..

I have requests in with several Celeb Depts on this issue since it was announced..I am allergic to wool, silk, cashmere...

I get answers like you might not be, its the caterpillars/ worms not the sheets..really all sidestepping the issue...

I have requested a non cashmere mattress and sheets.. Time to follow up again..

My alt plan is a barrier mattress civer, my own sheets and blanket..

.Luckily no baggage limits but it still will be alot to bring with us..but better than having an allergic reaction..

I'm going to research cashmere sheets and find some to see how they feel. I'm okay with a blanket as long as there's a non-itchy sheet in-between. On our other cruises I think we had cotton duvet covers over a comforter.

Carole

Don't bother packing all that extra stuff. Come to the vtcruising street vendor booth on the sidewalk just outside the port entrance. I have finally figured out a way to finance my cruises!

I will be there selling all the things you will need on the Edge: curtain rods and curtains to fit the bifold doors, king- sized cotton sheets and mattress covers, a collapsible dresser with plenty of drawer space, a full sized blow up coffee table for your living area, colorful bedspreads, pillows and other accents to brighten up your gray cabin, rollers to place under bed legs to move the bed closer to the bathroom or balcony or to move your S1's bed to face the ocean, paper weights to place on your napkins when dining on the MC, tie dye t-shirts to wear at the hippie van, anti-venom kits in case you meet up with Snake Man in Eden, white noise machine for those on deck 3 near the Martini Bar, periscopes to see above those pesky lifeboats and window washers and around those bump outs (extra long model will get you a forward view!), a collapsible easy-to-build one person library that will fit into any quiet nook or cranny and blindfolds for when things get too racy late at night at the Club.

Be sure to stop by to stock up so that you too will have the perfect Edge cruise! :D

PS: I'm sure I will also bring a few extra things to make life better on the ship.

vtcruising, that was so cute & funny. Thanks You, for all the information & time; that you have contributed to this thread on The Edge.

I will bring 10 cases of sun lotion just for you, so that you can sit in the sun at the port and enjoy selling all those needed items for The Edge..

Vt..

Too funny ..enjoyed your post. It does make a point about what we may need to enhance our Modern Luxury experience while on board

Would rather buy from you than the ship's store.

You have inspired me to start a thread on EDGE shopping

On a separate note. They will not be offering Cashmere sheets, but rather Cashmere mattresses. Which are most likely covered by a mattress cover. I can not imagine that they would not use a mattress cover. The mattress business is known for misleading marketing to put it mildly. Beautyrest has a mattress that "integrates diamond particles into its mattresses for cooler, more comfortable sleep." I looked at the Reverie website... while it may not be the same mattress, they are providing mattresses for Celebrity. Their cashmere mattress uses a cashmere blend. I would be surprised if it would be more than 10% cashmere. Likely just enough to make a claim. (FYI when you see a claim for a foam bed that it is "all natural latex", is usually is not but only a small percentage. If you are concerned, bring your own waterproof mattress cover... that way there will be an impervious barrier between you and the mattress. Now it may be a bit warmer, but at least you will have a layer or two between you and the mattress. And I am sure VT will have one available in her shop as you board. :) I found a story about the bedding on Celebrity http://www.cruisereport.com/crNews.aspx?id=1921

VT I think you pretty much caught everything... I particularly like the snake venom. I do wonder if perhaps Snake Man is a statue and not a mime. Kinda like "The Thinker" in the sky lounge on Equinox.

Oh, now that would be interesting. More great selfies! :D

On a separate note. They will not be offering Cashmere sheets, but rather Cashmere mattresses. Which are most likely covered by a mattress cover. I can not imagine that they would not use a mattress cover. The mattress business is known for misleading marketing to put it mildly. Beautyrest has a mattress that "integrates diamond particles into its mattresses for cooler, more comfortable sleep." I looked at the Reverie website... while it may not be the same mattress, they are providing mattresses for Celebrity. Their cashmere mattress uses a cashmere blend. I would be surprised if it would be more than 10% cashmere. Likely just enough to make a claim. (FYI when you see a claim for a foam bed that it is "all natural latex", is usually is not but only a small percentage. If you are concerned, bring your own waterproof mattress cover... that way there will be an impervious barrier between you and the mattress. Now it may be a bit warmer, but at least you will have a layer or two between you and the mattress. And I am sure VT will have one available in her shop as you board. :) I found a story about the bedding on Celebrity http://www.cruisereport.com/crNews.aspx?id=1921

Thanks for the article..I really appreciate the time you took to look into this and for your post.

.not sure this clears up the cashmere question but hope it will be okay... even .a cashmere blend scarf, socks glove liner, etc would cause a reaction..but I will be prepared with a barrier mattress cover etc..

Not a fan of bamboo linens but not allergic to them. The bedding they have had on X was always comfy, plush and non reactive..

Used to have great towels as well in AQ class( aqua color, soft,)..they were replaced with scratchy stringy thin white ones..which we often reject first time around...!

vtcruising-

I will be very disappointed if I can't find you at the port on December 16th!

Barb

Time to hand in my resignation and search for good sources for blow up coffee tables, collapsible dressers and snake bite kits.....;)

It looks like there is a place for makeup and larger personal items next to the dresser (hair dryer, curling iron, etc.):

enhance

I'm really hoping that the tags you've put on the storage are right, but not having seen them anywhere else...I'm guessing that the "make-up drawer" is likely to be the mini-safe and the cupboard underneath may be the mini-fridge? Unless they're hidden away in the closet? ;)

I guess all will become apparent soon, but not soon enough :)

Balc doors in above photo appear to fold in...but other pics we have seen shown them openin into the balc...better idea for in cabin spacing

Still cannot get over the blandness of it !

It looks like there is a place for makeup and larger personal items next to the dresser (hair dryer, curling iron, etc.):

enhance

I'm really hoping that the tags you've put on the storage are right, but not having seen them anywhere else...I'm guessing that the "make-up drawer" is likely to be the mini-safe and the cupboard underneath may be the mini-fridge? Unless they're hidden away in the closet? ;)

I guess all will become apparent soon, but not soon enough :)

I think you are correct. We discussed my probable mislabeling earlier in this thread or another one. Sorry, one less place to store things. :(

Still hopeful that not all storage is apparent in these renditions. They are promising so much more storage! :D

I think you are correct. We discussed my probable mislabeling earlier in this thread or another one. Sorry, one less place to store things. :(

Still hopeful that not all storage is apparent in these renditions. They are promising so much more storage! :D

Sorry, must have missed that - so many threads, so little time! ;)

Imo, you are correct about the “makeup” drawer, which is also where the hair dryer is located. 😊

This would be consistent with what is currently in staterooms on other X ships. The mini fridge is probably in the cabinet below it.

And Spearj, the safe that you mentioned is usually located in the closet, not in a drawer.

Sorry, must have missed that - so many threads, so little time! ;)

You didn't miss it. I just looked back and didn't see it. I must have realized it later, because I remember thinking I had labeled that picture wrong and couldn't change it.

Also, I agree with C-Dragons about the safe. I didn't see your safe comment, just the fridge (I hadn't had my cup of tea yet) ;). I also assume the safe is in the closet, if like other cabins on X, and the drawer usually has a blow dryer and is otherwise open to do what we wish. I have now had my tea and will read posts more carefully. :o

You didn't miss it. I just looked back and didn't see it. I must have realized it later, because I remember thinking I had labeled that picture wrong and couldn't change it.

Also, I agree with C-Dragons about the safe. I didn't see your safe comment, just the fridge (I hadn't had my cup of tea yet) ;). I also assume the safe is in the closet, if like other cabins on X, and the drawer usually has a blow dryer and is otherwise open to do what we wish. I have now had my tea and will read posts more carefully. :o

From what I can remember on the Eclipse, wasn't there a cupboard door to the right of the drawers that opened to reveal a top section with the safe and the mini fridge underneath - we were in aqua class not a suite, I don't know if that makes a difference?There was a make-up drawer under the vanity unit.

P1030633-XL.jpg

I just assumed the set up would be the same on the edge, but having the safe in the closet would be more convenient :)

Yes there is a small drawer under the vanity. The hairdryer was there as I recall. Thanks for the photo Spearj.

By the way, I called Celebrity to get a copy of my last cruise statement and raised the issue about Cashmere mattresses. They told me that if you note that your have allergies or are vegan and don't use Cashmere.... they will replace your mattress with something else. But they really need to know well in advance. So those who have concerns about this should contact them long before sailing. Oh and something else, if you want bed risers (they can be used to raise a bed or chair to a higher level), they are available as well...in addition to other helpful aids. So for those who have concerns about allergies... I would call long before you leave and if you have not booked yet, make sure you discuss this when booking the trip. Now I did not discuss curtains... I do suggest packing a sleep mask for those whose partners get up early to watch the sun rise. :)